Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dealing with challenging behaviour

*bump* we've had so many new people join in lately, I thought I'd bumpity bump this post to see if anyone else would like to let us know how you deal with your child's challenging behaviour.

One thing that has stuck in my head from all the reading we do on kids is the 'I would like' instead of the 'I want'. When ever Miss M says 'I want' I always get her to say 'I would like X please mummy'. I just sounds so much more polite (especially in a toy store!). We don't smack either (although I have once and was so shocked and dissapointed in myself I cried for hours - never again) - I've always said to my DH you don't smack adults when they don't listen/do things you don't want them to do so why would you do it to an innocent child who depends on you for everything. We also have the 3 warnings in our house and then we go to the corner (we don't have to go there very often). When Miss M goes there she just goes OK and walks there - I'm hoping she's thinking about her actions but probably not at 2 - but at least she understands the consequences if she dosn't do as she is asked.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12