Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Breastfeeding after 12 months

I just wanted to say Awesome job mummys... I am proud of you all... I couldnt feed my DD, but am totally envious of you all & hope to be able to join in this thread at some stage after we have #2 whenever that may be.....

keep up the great work guys...

Nic
    I haven't actually fed in public as such since that attachment parenting segment was on 60 minutes as I felt to uncomfortable but now I think if Jacob wants it then I need to give it to him and not worry what others think
    I think that's so sad hun. What a shame that you feel like that.

Go out and feed Jacob where ever you are happy too. Who gives a stuff what others think. I couldn't care less what people say or think when I am feeding Tehya. Generally when people do find out that I am still feeding they are shocked. Sad that our community finds this to be such a rare occurance

aw thanks mitch!
    sounds like you are doing all you can to b'feed next time - reading up about it helps so much

Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    . Generally when people do find out that I am still feeding they are shocked. Sad that our community finds this to be such a rare occurance
    yup i feel sorry for them that they are so ill-educated

My mum surprises me. At least once a week she asks if Jacob is showing any signs of weaning and when I will wean yet she gets the same answer everytime I don't know when Jacob is ready I guess or when I get sick of it..

I think it sad that once a child gets to a certain age they are consdered to old for breastfeeding. Unfortunatly until I was in this position I also thought that over 6-8 months was getting a bit old to breastfeed but now I think god why didn't I stick at it with my first son but 3 months was better then nothing right!

I will rethink everything after xmas but unless it starts to effect my fertility ( we are TTC#4 ) then I can't see me stopping anytime soon.. Jakey loves his boo boo and who am I to deny him that.

I am surprised at myself and how much I do enjoy it. Of course there are times when he wants to feed and I really don't want to like if I am on here or just relaxing but I do it and he is odne in about 10 minutes and once he is on I am fine

I videoed him feeding the other day because I don't want to forget that look he gets when he gets that first taste lol. His eyes roll back and it is a total look of satisfaction

Awww Nic, that's so sweet you videoing him. I don't even have any pics of me bfing.

I have people ask me when Tehya is going to be weaned too. I think the fact that she can walk to me and ask me for booby puts some off.

I am going to Robbie Williams concert next month and of course Af is due a couple of days before it. As we are on the oval it is very hard to get through to the loo or back again.I went to his last concert and we lost a gf coz she couldn't get back through. Anyway I have asked my DR for the pill so i can prolong AF coming. I asked her about my milk and she said that it might start to dry it up, it was about time anyway I ave decided that I will take it for the week before I am due and will stop the day after the concert, so hopefully it won't affect my supply too much.

I don't want to have to give up for my own selfish reasons or because a Dr said "it was about time". Tehya and I will stop feeding when WE decide it's time.

That terrible a Dr said that..
    And you should definetly take some pics.. I took a couple when Jacob was a few months old I just took them myself by holding the camera above us and they def aren't fabulous but they look good and the videoes are cute

Nic, how bad is it that I worry that my poor boobs are looking very saggy and so not nice looking now. Once upon a time they were bigger than her head, now their lucky to be as big as her cheek

the pics would be just for you and take them in black and white cus they look better lol.. I hate my stretch marks but I can't see them in black and white

Talking about funny looks, I am not sure how I am going to feed Maggie on our plane trip later this week. I am sure she will want a feed, lets hope I don't have a Mavis sitting beside me. Oh well I suppose people can either put up with a 17 mth old being fed or a screaming child.

I have not got any breastfeeding pictures, well except for one where I fell asleep and my boob was hanging out (damn DH).

PMSL at your breastfeeding pic Astrid. Bad hubby It's probably best that you do feed Maggie both on the way up and on the decent, it will help her ears to adjust with the pressure.

Hope you flight goes well.

Hey girls - nice to know there is this thread. I hope to be joining you all in about 7 months - LOL! Seriously, I had thought I would aim for 12 months because we would like an 18m gap bw kids, but now I am liking the idea of tandem feeding. Anyways, keep up the good work!

I just had to butt in here - sorry girls. I am still breastfeeding and love every moment of it. aussienic - my mum does this as well ....
    My mum surprises me. At least once a week she asks if Jacob is showing any signs of weaning and when I will wean yet she gets the same answer everytime I don't know when Jacob is ready I guess or when I get sick of it.. I think she may be slightly jealous that she didn't try for longer when she was breastfeeding.
    I am TTC as well and think I will have to stop breastfeeding to increase my chances as we have been trying for over 4 mths.
    It's great to read other people's experiences and laugh with your stories as I feel the same when I am breastfeeding in public!

Indah is kind of weaning herself (which is sad for me) but if that's what she wants atleast I know it is self weaning... She is only wnating susu if she is crying, hurt herself or is just restless which might be every second or third day it seems, although if it's coz I am pregnant & my milk has changed I dont know????
    Astrid I'd feed on the plane too, I honestly dont care what anyone says or thinks, if I worried about others then I wouldnt be being true to myself & to my child...? I just really dont care!!!
    I'd never verbally, or physically make some feel bad, guilty or like they were doing something wrong, as everyone has their own reason for doing what they do & the choices they make... Unless it was violent, or perverted etc, I'd just never say or tell a friend or anyone... That their decisions reagrding their kid/s was wrong.... How would I know their exact life situation, it annoys me that other ppl think they have a right to comment or pull faces!!!
    Last edited by Tracey; November 22nd, 2006 at 07:44 AM.

I thought bubs had to be strapped in the the ascent and decent? I was going to put Maggie in the HAB to stop her from wriggling. I may need to adjust my plans. Really not looking forward to getting of the plane. It is one of those smaller airport that you have to walk down steps and then across the tarmac to the arrivals section. Freaked about slipping on those steps, especially if it is windy and rainy.

Babies under the age of 2 sit on your lap, they have a seatbelt attached to your seatbelt, so you can definately still feede whilst both seatbelted in as it allows movement...

Our trip to Gold Coast recently was walking down steps on to tarmac & again leaving we had to walk up the steps, but tehy definately assist you!!!!

You'll be fine Astrid!!!

Astrid, yeah as Tracey said there's a seatbelt for bubs that attaches to your belt on the plane. When we flew to/from Melbourne I wanted to leave Kynan in the HAB (which would have been a hell of a lot safer for him than those stupid belts in the event of an accident!) but they wouldn't let me and were really strict about how he was sitting etc. I was really annoyed about it as Kynan was so content in the HAB and then the whole plane had to put up with him crying and squirming around...

Looks as though I will take the BaBa Sling instread, as it is quicker to get her into it to get off the plane. Maggie is such a squirmer as well and I know she will insist on standing between my legs to feed.

My Baby girl turned 1 on Wednesday and I am still feeding her and I am wrapped. I set a personal milestone to get to 6 months and then it was 12 months and now it is when Hannah self weans. When she looks up at me with those big blue eyes I just melt and Idont want to lose that, this first year has gone so fast and she wont be a baby for long.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast