Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Younger Couples Chat - Jan/Feb 2008

k ill b back 2moz best go 2 bed thanx sooooooooo much ash!

yeah ill change it 2moz thank u!

How exciting for you Jess.... at least you know that you only have a few more days

Jess - my expericence with getting induced wasnt a bad one..u can read my birth story here if u like http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...melia+Patricia

just remember u are in control at all times and if u dont want something make sure u speak up! i had no choice but to have the drip turned up as there was meconium in the waters so they needed to speed things up..

i dont know if i have told u girls that when DD was born her shoulders got stuck and caused her to get a brachial plexus injury which is nerve damage in her left arm, she was 9lbs and 41/2 oz which may have been y it caused it...but she is quiet lucky it hasnt stopped her one bit where as some bubs that get it have to have surgery but she hasnt needed any, have to got bak to PMH (kids hospital) soon to just get it checked out again but i dont think she will need surgery

sorry to scare those almost ready to give birth!

sally - yer thats a bit comforting lol, is sooo weird, feels like its never going to happen

blanche - ok thanks will read ur birth story now!

Jess, i was booked to be induced on the day Sarah decided to come naturally. thankfully too, coz the hospy ended up saying that morning when i rang them to find out when to come in 'we dont know, we are full' !!!!!

With em we had just had the appointment for booking the induction and i started having mild contractions and they intensified after DH got home from work (5 hours later!) but i wasn't in established labour for ages after that. my contractions started at lunch time and i reached established labour at 11pm. but Em was born 5 hours later. not bad for posterior!

I have done it drug free both times. you can do it however you like and it is your choice. i had water births and the gas did nothing for me. not everyone has a horror story to tell. even though i had menconium with both girls, they were fine and because of the speed of my labours i did not need intervention.

remember pg girls, not everyone has a horror story and i know you can do it. you will have wonderful, empowering births and your mums will envy you

hey ash im back this seems 2 b a lil slim dont u think should i change it back?

yer i have heard some horror stories but most of my mates who have had babies said its nowhere near as bad as everyone makes it out to be... like really, if it was THAT bad, people wouldnt go back and have 4-5-6 kids lol...
    everyone keeps saying to me, ohhh arent u nervous ect, im like the opposite, im looking forward to having the experience, and so excited to meet my lil man! hmm lol

kass - another way u could do it is open it in paint and make it smaller?

oh i've never thought of that, im ****ed off now though coz it's not letting me change it back agggrrrr. Also my labour was great, no body get mad at me , but i cant say i didn't enjoy it, sure it hurt but it's really the unknown thats the worst bit. Coz id never done it b4 i was just worried that wat i was feeling wasn't right. It went sooooooo fast and then i was a mummy and got 2 meet my princess! Or in ur case ur Prince!

Kass, i sent you another one - ive cropped it down a bit. It might not look as good as the one of just her face because the photo is tall and not wide.

Oh i'm totally looking forward to saying "hey ive done that" not so much on the actually getting through it front. But that's because ive been crampy, period pain-y and strong bh all night and too tired if i went now, for instance, lol!

thats wat i had 3 days before i was induced Ash and i was 3cms when i got there..so hopefully those pains are doing something but yes u should try get some rest!!

when i went in2 labour i was so tired and not in the mood but the adrenalin (sorry cant spell) pumps through like mad. Pg ladies the night/day of having ur bubs u dont sleep, u just sit there going, "Omg, i have a baby." And ur just amazed
    Thanx ash ill have a go

Im going insane with it so ill leave it and i love both photo's so ill put the other one on her webpage!

oh i found it easy to sleep after the first few hours i couldnt keep my eyes open lol

Quote Originally Posted by kass_20 View Post
    when i went in2 labour i was so tired and not in the mood but the adrenalin (sorry cant spell) pumps through like mad. Pg ladies the night/day of having ur bubs u dont sleep, u just sit there going, "Omg, i have a baby." And ur just amazed
    Thanx ash ill have a go

I slept for 6 hours after Em was born (4:20am) (i had been up for over 24 hours) but i stayed awake all night the night Sarah was born (9:14 pm)

Oh wow how exciting Jess will have her bubbs soon......i hope it all goes smoothly for you

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast