Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Younger Couples Chat ~ January 2008 #2

Default Younger Couples Chat ~ January 2008 #2

Hello and welcome to the brand new Younger Couples Chat thread. Please feel free to come in & chat about any issues surrounding being a younger couple TTC or parenting.

Your Moderators are:

Lea - [email protected]
    Chloe - [email protected] Senior Moderator
    Sarah_H - [email protected] Administrator

Continuing on from HERE

Regan- DP has picked out bubs name "Sophie Louise".

Bianca- LOL at your parents fighting over the gender of your baby. I hope your fur baby is ok, sounds like its been through a bit of a war.

Sally- Great to hear that your dinner went well last night, and thats good that you guys are "dating" and taking things REAL slow as they say "slow & steady wins the race" . Have a good day & night and we'll TRY (scouts honour) not to talk up a storm in here

Oh Sally that is AWESOME news for you and little Brendan! YAY Like you said...take it slow and have fun!

Hey Kass, No, still don't know if he is going or not. It will be true Army time (last minute) till we find out I guess

Cleaning out my cupboards today, sorting out what I want and don't want.....fresh start when we get to Brissy!

hey everybody, a new thread, we're talking machines!!!
    Well done Sally on working things out i think taking it slow is 4 the best that way things should work out better, he must have missed u! Have fun today and tonight! What does Brendan think, do his eyes light up?
    Jo: Sophie Louise is a beautiful name Sophie was a name that we through around 4 Annabelle as well as Alexius, Isabel and many more............ I said Annabelle during my pg and DP said "Nah, dont like it." Then when Bella was born he thought he was so smart when he said "What about Annabelle?" Well thats men 4 ya.
    I just got home from work and had a b!tch working with me and made me feel like crap.
    Sorry if iv missed anybody ill go back over the old thread later and make sure i have everyone.

wow you ladies sure know how to chat dont yas lol

how is everyone today?

ive got to get to know you all so i know whose who lol

and keep up lol

Hey girls,

Doc upped my AD's so have spent most of today in bed coz they made me dizzy. DH goes back to work on Monday so hopefully my body will have adjusted by then. Sarah is starting to get the idea with the potty and has learnt how to pull her pullups down. Em is rolling everywhere.

Sally, Yay for getting along really well and taking it slow with Nigel!!!! Does he take it as dating too?

Hey Jess- Yes we've been talking up a storm in here I'm ok thanks, been having a bit of pain in my belly this afternoon, but so far not thinking too much into it. I'm Jo/Joanne whichever

Carlton Gardens sounds good to me. Let me know when you organise a time and ill be there. Off to make dinner.
    Catch yas

Hi all!
    Joanne - that's such a pretty name! Your DP has good taste. Which hospital are you going to?
    Nina - how exciting. How come you're moving to Brisbane? Which part of Brisbane will you be moving to?
    Jessica - don't worry, I'm new too and am struggling to keep up! I really must learn more about everyone!

Regan- thanks, yeah DP is proud as punch that he picked DD's name & we've a good response to the name. I'm going to Redlands Public Hospital, although Logan Hospital is my local hospital i've heard too many horror stories about the place and have only heard good things about Redlands Public Hospital. I only hope that if & when i go into labour DP is home or my SIL (who lives at Daisy Hill) can drive me to the hospital as the Ambulance will take me to the closest hospital which is the Logan not Redlands.

Joanne - I'm glad you chose to avoid Logan Hospital. Ready to hear more bad reviews? I was 19 when I had my baby, so I was quite disorganised and scared and so just got booked into Logan Hospital (as I was living in Rochedale South with my mum at the time).
    While the midwives were absolutely fantastic... 1. I was not able to have an epidural because the anesthesiologist was apparently busy with another patiest. So I HAD to deliver naturally. While I'm proud of it now, the pain really scared me off ever having another baby! (Although I will). 2. The local anesthetic I was given while receiving stitches post delivery was ineffective to say the least. I repeatedly told the doctor I could FEEL it, but no, I was apparently wrong. 3. Very shortly after delivery, I was whisked off to a room and my mum and DP had to go home. (This could be the norm, I'm not too sure) This was maybe an hour later or so? I was pretty lonely and scared and cried. But I am a bit of a sook.
    Neeevvveerr again at Logan!

Hi jo
    ill probably forgot ur name...having one of those no brain cells left days.lol hope you're pain goes away...can be highly annoying.

Wow Regan...thats quite a story....

kirsty_lee Guest

Reganelizabeth... I totally didnt understand why people i spoke to were always so against the logan hospital.. until a friend of mine gave birth there last year and i was horrified!!!! it was actually scary.. i live in calamvale so when i found out last year that i was pregnant i was praying that i wasn't going to be sent there but luckily i got accepted into the mater after the first like week of my doctor having sent the letter!! thank god.. i'd be so scared if i had to go to the logan

Regan- I read a story in that's life or take 5 once about a womans traumatic experience at Logan i cant remember the exact details but they got her to sign the form for a c/s as nothing was happening for her and then took 3 hours to actually take her to have the c/s by the time they did the baby wasnt in a good way and only lived a few days they couldnt give a decent reason why it took them 3 hours to take her for the c/s but the lady ended up suing the hospital. So sorry about your traumatic experience, i wouldnt think it would be normal practice after delivery for the mother to be moved to a room & the persons birth partners & DP's be told they have to leave, doesnt sound right. I'll let you know how i go at Redlands when this baby decides its d-day.

Jess- if you forget my name thats ok, its in my Signature if you do

kirsty_lee Guest

oh god bonham!! its a wonder how hospitals like that stay open! i mean it's not like it's the 70's anymore... mater lets your DP stay why can't other hospitals? and from what i've seen at the mater im sooo not even stressing about how well i'll get looked after. But my sisters friend did give birth at redlands a year or two ago and apparently it was beautiful there and the midwifes and such were a really big help never "too" busy to answer questions etc

Kirsty_lee- it is a wonder how some hospitals arent closed down. I'm not sure what the Redlands policy is as i didnt go to antenatal classes as i wasnt given any information on when they were so i could work something out with DP because of his work committments. My SIL birthed her DD at Redlands in August (2007) and couldnt find 1 bad thing to say about them, her DD was born with the cord around her throat & the staff wasted no time getting her out & checking her over, now shes a chubby "little" 5month old. From what i've seen at Redlands and the staff i've dealt with so far it looks great.

kirsty_lee Guest

bonham.. i can't remember the full story of my sisters friend but there were complications with her birth and the midwife that was on at the time she got there had finished her shift and still stayed around!! getting cups of tea etc for the woman's DH and everything offering to call family and such... some people just go beyond the call of duty i wish more people were like that it's truly amazing!

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast