Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Younger Couples Chat ~ January 2008

Default Younger Couples Chat ~ January 2008

Hello and welcome to the brand new Younger Couples Chat thread. Please feel free to come in & chat about any issues surrounding being a younger couple TTC or parenting.

Your Moderators are:

Lea - lea13@bellybelly.com.au
    Chloe - dachlostar@bellybelly.com.au Senior Moderator
    Sarah_H - sarah_h@bellybelly.com.au Administrator

Continuing on from HERE

mummycate Guest

Thanks Sarah, I was just clicking enter on my post!Good thing I copy and paste hehe.

Ovarian cysts, are they painful...
    The thing is, you don't know. Unless you have many and they burst, which is very painful. But if you're worried, just ask for a referral for an ultrasound. Its painless and the best way to see if there are any.

Butterfly_Princess Guest

I had cysts on my ovaries, and was meant to go for a follow up US to check on them, but didnt go coz all the pain i had on and off for 3 years just disapeared. Turned out to be a UTI/Kidney infection, a 3 year one!! Poor me.
    Im not too sure about the pap smear thingy, i was so scared of getting it done too, i got the courage and made the appt, cried on my way there, then walked right in, smile on face, and the nurse asked all the questions, and then said "Well you know you dont HAVE to have it done today, you can come back next year." But i insisted on getting it done, so i did.

so what should i expect, weather iv had a baby or not i have a thing about ppl and things that should up, up there. Maybe i should just insist being put 2 sleep?

a couple of yrs ago mummycate i was taken 2 hospital and they still dont know wat was wronge they kept on telling me i had a m/c, coz i passed a cricket ball sizes blood clot, but that was impossible as i was a virgin at the time but everytime they pressed on my ovaries it was unbelieveable pain but then it just went away so i guess buy the sounds of it id know by now if it was cysts?
    Sorry 2 b so graphic ladies.

I'm sure I posted b4 that Sarah was a if it happens great conception, and Emma was a failed contraception surprise. oh well, these things happen and we are all the better for it.

Kass: Paps r not comfortable but they r much less painful than giving birth. it is probably a bit smaller than a mans bits but cold. if u have a wonderful dr like mine, they will run it under hot water so it is not so bad. I have had 3 in 3 years, coz my dr does 1 at the 6 week checkup. hopefully I will be able to wait the full 2 years this time!

Ok... I have some more catching up to do!

Meg, Galleria sounds great, what day/time suits you?? next week is out for me but the week after should be fine.... Thursday is probably the best day, but i'm not too bothered.

Kass, My XP made/makes a wonderful dad. He is rather clueless.... but at 21 what can you expect?? lol, he helps me when I need help and will hold Brendan and play with him while i have my showers or cook dinner. Gees I miss him so much

Re Pap Smears, I am ashamed to say i haven't had one. I have been active since 15 and when I turned 18 i got hyped up made the appt then found out I was pg. I had a m/c at 9 wks, then had a deep bout of depression. I finally got myself all worked up again to go get it done when I was 20, made the appt and wahlah i got pg again. Brendan was born early in Feb (he was due in May) and due to that rollercoaster ride it took me a while to get the courage again. When he was about 5 months old, I got the courage to get it done made the appt and you wouldn't believe it I was PG AGAIN! I had a M/C at 17weeks and 1 day on the 19 Nov 2007. I am very scared of making that appt again. I don't think I could really handle it right now. I will go and I will get it done before my 22nd bday (in may) I'm on the pill now and we are using condoms also. I would like to have my children close together(1-2yr gap). But I couldn't do it in the situation i'm in now.

thanx alisan thats my prob though i havent got a doctor that i know and trust, well he's great but not great enough 2 c me, if u know what i mean. Giving birth i wasn't scared of coz i had no choice it wasn't up 2 me but a pap. ill find a good, maybe female doc and give it ago.
    You sound so positive alisan i should more ppl like u around me. hehe

brendansmum: If u miss him thats a good sign! Even better if he misses u also. My DP is also 21 (22 in jan) sometimes i feel hes better at parenting then me, then i relise thats not true...hehehe
    Im so sorry hear about m/c it makes me so sad 2 hear that, im uneducated on that subject is there ever a reason y it happens?
    I also would like more bubs but am very scared of falling pg now and DP doesn't want anymore he said he loves Annabelle and doesn't want 2 share he's love..............but Bella wasn't planned so maybe the nxt will be an opps

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Sally, any day is good for me, it feels weird to say that coz i havent actually had a time where i can say any day is good for me, due to work and school etc, but now im not working or going to school, woohoo
    Kass exactly what alisando said...they arent comfortable, and in my opinion it wasnt painful. i did have a bit of bleeding and cramping after which the nurse said was normal for some women. I had a nurse do mine coz i went to a family planning clinic who do them for free, and i have always felt comfortable going to them. She went thru the procedure with me, and even warmed the instruments for me

c i found out at the family planning place that i was pg and they were nothing but surportive so thats another good idea.
    Tannedangel: Ur pg is so exciting i was the same age when i was pg then i had Annabelle Marie at 19yrs i looked better when i was pg then i did b4, god i cant believe how quick it all went! Im so happy we get 2 count down till the big day with u!

Butterfly_Princess Guest

I havent found doctors to be as supportive as what the family planning clinic were. I felt kinda rushed when i went to see my doctor about referals for my ultrasounds etc. If only my family planning clinic was a lot closer to me i would have gone to them always! Now i dont worry about the doctors, i just go to my hospital
    Hey Sally did you go to all your midwife visits at King Edward?? Im a bit confused about my visit on monday...

Kass - You'll find it much easier if you go to a female doctor or nurse to get your pap test done. If you let them know its your first/you dont like getting the test done, they are generally pretty good about it.

thats it im booking in tomoz, thank you all very much and ill let u no how i go u guys are the most help iv ever had!
    Congrats skittlebub on the bubs!

Meg - Bet your glad to finish working, people can be asses at times. You're past half way now! Had any more U/S?

To all the new people, welcome!
    I'm onto day 48 and everything is ****ING ME OFF! (Sorry all)
    And, I'm just getting annoyed so much. Either AF arrive or get a BFP!
    I'm not getting any symptoms, although I've got a pulling/tugging feeling on the right hand side of my tummy, and it's only started today. I'm gonna be testing either Wednesday after work (when I get paid) or late night shopping Thursday

I've only ever had 1 pap smear, as i was due for one when i got my BFP, so i'm going to do it after i've had bubs. And the 1 that i have had wasnt pleasant, i had a woman doctor do it for me and she was rough as anything and i thought jesus if this is what they are like i dont want anymore but i know for my own health i need to have them done. The doctor didnt even explain what she was going to do even though i'd told her it was my 1st one, which now i think was a bit rude i was only about 20 at the time and things like that were just things i didnt discuss with my mum.

LJ, the tugging IS a symptom!!! been to the Dr yet?

Meg I'll let you know about which days by the weekend, ok?? I didn't have any antenatal done at king eddies. I was booked into swan districs. but when my waters broke at 28wks kemh is THE ONLY hospy in wa who will let you birth and can look after babies less than 35-36 wks. depends on health of bubs.

*fingers crossed* LJ

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast