Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Younger Couples Chat ~ December 2007

last schmast! Youre stil young, you got heaps more babies waiting for you

mummycate Guest

Had post all typed up and bloody computer logged me out of BB again, so it wouldn't let me post until I log in. Good thing that I know to highlight and ctrl+c the text so its not lost.

Hi girls, I'm almost 21, XP and I were together for 2 years and we split just 2 weeks after our anniversary. He drives me absolutely insane!!!!! Constantly bickering at me and telling me off. He said that I'm not allowed to raise my voice when I'm frustrated, especially with El. I don't yell at her, I just get frustrated that more than half the time when I hold her, she's bucking and trying to jump out of my arms. She is now refusing bottles a lot and not wanting to eat. XP's solution is offer her 100ml bottles every 2 hours. I'd just broken that habit when she was 6 months old. Took ages and he's let her slip back into snacking. He only has uni twice a week, and atm its holidays. He works 2 nights, after she's gone to bed and one shift sunday mornings. Wednesday he delivers a million papers. So as you can see, he's home a lot and can let her do what she wants and he's able to work around her. But I can't. She needs to be having 3-4 big bottles a day, 3 good meals and 2-3 naps. But he just lets her do what she wants, and then when I come home from work (t,w,th) I have an overtired, cranky baby. Who falls asleep at 6 or 7pm but will ALWAYS wake an hour later, extremely awake and upset. WHAT THE HELL CAN I DO??? He drives me nuts. I have been the main carer of her for the last 9 months and in her 10th month, he's had her and there is no routine anymore. I can't take it. Work drives me nuts and at home I'm nuts. I need to get away from him. He offered to take her so I can go see a friend (its after 3pm, like I'd drop in that late) or see a movie but I just want to stay home. But I need him to give me space and not b!tch or nag at me. I can't always be packing her up and me for a day out just so I can be away from him. Coz then she's stuck in a stroller all day and I'm on my feet all day. I just want to bludge, play with her and do nothing for one effing day!

Vent over. Sorry girls. Going to look at a property now. I hope I get it. Then I'm free.

Cate....tell him to BACK OFF!! Your poor little girl is going to get so confused...daddy does one thing, mummy does another. Tell him she needs a routine and that she works fine on yours! Who does he think he is?? Throwing all your hard work out the window in just one mth.

Cate i agree with Nina tell XP to BACK OFF!!. Elouise will be so confused on who to listen to and if it goes on for too long and she's talking non-stop she'll be saying 'but daddy lets me' and you'll look like the bad guy iykwim??. XP needs to understand that Elouise needs a routine and the routine you had going was fine until he messed with it.

Vent all you like Cate, we'll listen to you i hope you get a place of your own soon then you wont have XP to deal with. Good luck with the house hunting.

Gees girls!!! This morning i looked at we were on page 2, but now page 4!!!

Welcome to the newbies

Cate, I'd use stronger words than BACK OFF, but you get the idea! I agree with the others, El needs a routine! :hugs:

well take care

Gosh you girls are chatty, Just wanted to pop in say hi to all the other young mums & mums to be.
    Just got back from visiting a friend who had her baby girl yesterday, I can't believe how big Maddi looks to her & they are only 11 weeks apart.
    I gotta go I have a very cranky baby who wants her mummy.

mummycate Guest

Thanks girls. That property: one bedroom apartment with kitchen and bathroom = come live in my garage and there's a cooktop and the bathroom is outside. I was not impressed at all. Will continue looking.

I told him today that I'm going to persevere with the bigger bottles. She needs to get back into it. She has a runny nose and has been refusing food. And he's like, she's sick. I said, I work in child care. I'll bring home everything. She has to deal with it. But now that I'm quitting my job, I'll have more time to be with her.

Bonham - Thanks! Glad to be a part of it here

Blanche - Thankyou! I'm probably the one who wants the BFP more though :P Good luck with finding out the sex! You hoping for a boy or another lil girl?

Bleugh! i'm turning into a real scrooge! I'm sick of christmas.
    At least as far as anyone else is concerned anyway. Its the same thing every single year, we spend all this money on presents for everyone else in the family and by the time we're done there's nothing left for our own little family... pretty soon my boys are gonna get old enough to notice...
    SO, i've said screw it and put off several bills to get them something anyway... i'm just gonna be stressing over the bills for the next few weeks is all.
    Next year i'm gonna tell everyone to go fist (certainly not in those words ) and i reckon we should just have me, DH and the boys for christmas, too stressful otherwise.
    Sorry if i already wrote about this stressing about it, i know i wrote it somewhere i just cant remember where, baby brains have got me.

Catherine - What a tool! she may not even be sick, could be a slight allergy and she may just be going through a phase or something with the food, i hate when men freak out about stuff like that, makes you feel like you've let your child down or something.
    DH is too soft with our kids at times, particularly DS1, he's a bit of a trouble maker at times and needs discipline but DH lets him off to easy and 2 minutes later i find him with an iceblock or biscuit or something nice when he should probably be in time-out.
    also ikwym with the not eating thing, DS2 is almost 2 years old and my lovely DH keeps insisting we buy him 6 month old formula because it has more nutrients in it.. problem is its also filling him up and he wont eat his food. Grrrr. He loves sandwiches and bananas though and usually doesn't pass them up but he cant live on them! he always refuses what we're having for dinner at his age he shouldn't though, i blame the formula.... and DH...
    I'm trying to phase the formula out now, was originally buying 2 tins a fortnight, then i got 1 tin and this fortnight i haven't bought any.. its so expensive too!

Anywho...

Blanche - Good luck with your ultrasound! real exciting stuff!

I suppose i should go get some sleep, i'm starting to blabber on which means i'm tired hehe.
    Goodnight

Cate- That apartment you looked at sounds like a shoebox!!. Dont give up i'm sure there's something out there for you. Dont you hate real estates they show you all the crappy places expecting you to just live anywhere. Most of the places we've rented over the years we've found on our own and just gone to the real estate saying we want to look at the places.
    Good to here you told XP that your going to persevere with the bigger bottles as thats what she should be having. I hope El is ok and as you say your quitting your job so you'll have more time with her and be able to get her back into a routine.

Liz- No problem .

Liz - hoping for a boy

Jade, that is exactly wat i am thinking atm, we have a huge family and by the time im finished buying their presents, me and DP cant buy anything for each other!!! i wish i could tell them that we should only buy for the kids in the family, would be so much easier!

Jade- With regards to Christmas with DP's family we only buy for the kids, his parents & his brother (who has no kids) and its still expensive, as i have no nieces/nephews on my side we still buy for my siblings & parents. I'm over Xmas also but i still got 3 pressies to buy will likely go shopping on Thursday night and hope its not too busy, should only have to go to BIG W & Ezy DVD and then i'll go home as we leave for Sydney Friday night i vaguely remember DP saying we were leaving at midnight....hopefully i can sleep in the car its a good 10-12hr drive

Hey Girls!

Re Christmas.... I buy for immediate family only! my 2 bros mum and dad. and ex's mum and dad bro and sis. when they have kids i'll buy for the kids only. you have to set yourself a limit. Also I buy for my family first. Especially Brendan! because if you start running out of money and your up to FIL... who cares lol.

Cate.... What a dump!! I hope you can find something for yourself, sounds like you need to get away from Terry and his annoyingness... LOL.

Take care girls, i'm a lady of leisure today, Ex has Brendan until 10am tomorrow.

yeah i'm thinking we need to re-priorities our presents at the very least. It's just i end up feeling guilty if we can't give someone a present specially if they got us something, so i'm thinking the whole only us thing and don't get us anything thing might be the only way.
    We have my mum, uncle and grandma to buy for on my side, then there's MIL, the 7 niece's & nephew's and we pick a couple's name out of a hat for the SIL/BILs on DH's side, and two close friends i feel guilty about getting something for coz they always get us something.
    That ends up being 7 presents for Adults and 7 for the kids (or bigger shared presents for them) Either way it's too much AND then to buy for our 2 boys and each other, and i'm sick of us missing out. Specially coz for our boys i'd rather be able to buy better more expensive gifts because we have so many cheaper toys and stuff already and being boys all the cooler more action type toys are also more costly.
    Bah, anyways... DH is working his butt off this week at work so next fortnight we'll have a nice amount of cash to catch up on our bills that we're not paying this fortnight hehe.

Ooh, DH just walked in the door, better go so we can go out.

Take care guys

edit: Oh yeah.. forgot to mention that there are also 2 niece's who have birthdays a week before christmas, my uncle's is on Jan 4th and my mum's is on Jan 29th, and then my boys are both in Feb 12th and 22nd and this baby's gonna be close to that too, he's due 2nd March, more presents to buy LOL
    Last edited by slimjadey; December 15th, 2007 at 06:55 PM.

mummycate Guest

Elouise's Daily Routine

700 Sleep
    730 Sleep
    800 4 scoop feed
    830 Bath, dressed
    900 Solids, 1 jar
    930 Play
    1000 Nap time
    1030 Nap time
    1100 Nap time
    1130 Play
    1200 4 scoop feed
    1230 Play
    1300 Solids, 1 jar
    1330 Play
    1400 Nap time
    1430 Nap time
    1500 Nap time
    1530 4 scoop feed
    1600 Play
    1630 Play
    1700 Play
    1730 Solids, 1 jar
    1800 Play
    1830 4 scoop feed
    1900 Play
    1930 Pajamas
    2000 Sleep
    2030 Sleep
    2100 Sleep

I bought mum, dad and brother westfield vouchers, as they count for birthday, xmas and dad's father's day gifts for this year. I bought my aunt, uncle and cousins a small gift, my best friend and her husband a small gift (box of something, not too much), a gift for her birthday, her daughter a birthday present and had those secret santa presents. terry's family are doing secret santa so we all only have to get one gift for someone else. oh I also got a gift for my best mate and his partner. So I only got gifts for those closest to me.

Hi guys, thought i'd pop in here!!

I'm Sherie - 22 and have 19 month old (unexpected, but wonderful) frat twin girls... Been married nearly 2 years to my (most of the time) lovely husband Josh

I have a pretty hectic life but most days i love it...

We're still deciding on when to start TTC for number 3 (hopefully not 3 & 4 LOL!)

Lookin forward to chatting with you all!

wow sherie, i thought i was busy! wtg girl

Cate, that routine looks great

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast