Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Younger Couples Chat ~ January 2008 #2

Jo, to speed things up u could go 4 a walk....

Ali- Would be a good idea if we didnt live at the top of a monster hill, but i've got stairs in the house theres 2 lots with about 8 steps on each set. I've been using our toliet in the ensuite (instead of our other toliet) as i have to walk up both set of stairs to get to it. Might see if DP would be up for some "action" when he gets home haha worth a try.....

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Ooh Jo i bet your excited, just hiding it :P how could you not be?? HEHE...i hope its it for you!
    I went for my GD test today, and i have a very ouchie bruise from the needle, and its only getting worse. And the stuff i had to drink was yuk yuk yuk!! And i had to drink it in 5 mins and oh it was so bad! I felt a bit sick afterwards, tried my hardest not to yak it all up!! EWW.
    Its gotten really quiet in here lately!!

hehe Meg, told you it was gross! Is it still green and taste like cordial without water??

mummycate Guest

I'm more inclined to wait it out. As long as it wasn't a lot of blood, then maybe just call the hospital and talk to a midwife there, it sounds normal to me. My show was 3 days prior ot birth and I went to 39 weeks 0 days.

My stupid dr told me to do the 2hr test as it was more accurate, so i went off to have it they took the 1st lot of blood and i drank the green drink within 5mins, and as i was coming up to the 1st hr i was violently ill and they had to stop the test i felt terrible afterwards luckily DP went with me soo i could go straight home and have a shower and lay down. So then i tried the hour test and it was clear like lemonade and i got through that fine no worries, i even stayed the hour in the waiting room incase i was sick again.

Cate- yeah i've just stayed home all day resting and keeping an eye whats happening with me. If i get more than what i've had i'll ring the hospital and speak to someone, it wasnt alot of blood so i'm not too concerned as i've been told its normal for your show to blood in it.

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Nah it was the hour one, so the watery one. Still yuk though, i found it a bit more unpleaseant than the one i had for the normal diabetes test in 2006, and that was a 3 hour one!! That one was still clear, but it wasnt as carbonated and i wasnt forced to drink it within 5 mins...i think thats what made it worse, being told i HAD to drink it in 5 mins...so im sitting there trying to drink it as fast as a can. I just looked at my bruise and its soo big ive NEVER gotten a bruise from a blood test, ever. I hope they havent collapsed my vein, which im guessing they have coz of the bruise and the amount of pain...

I told my GP with my last PG that i wasn't taking the test unless I showed other signs of GD first... because just over 24 hrs after having the test with Brendan, my waters broke. And I know that it is probably totally unrelated, I just wasn't taking the risk this time!! (Well next time now )

MADE IT TO 8 WEEKS!! WOO HOO!

Thought I would share our excitement

Keep Growing Little One!

congratulations Banx

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415