Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Younger Couples Chat ~ January 2008

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Aww yup fair enough, another reason why we chose them, so that *if* anything were to happen, bub would be in safe hands from day one. It was just regarding the beginning of the appt, we are supposed to PIAC and check our protein and stuff like that, and i wasnt sure if thats for EVERY MW appt or not, i guess ill find out on monday
    OOOH LJ i hope this is it for you!!

becky Guest

Hey guys

I have had 3 PS. I really dont think hey are that bad. Of course they are not pleasant, just uncomfortable, and usually only take 5-10 minutes. As someone else said, maybe you would feel a lot more comfortable with a female dr, I did. I always think, that as much as I dont like getting them done, think how much worse it would be if they missed something? Im sure there would be a lot more embarrassment and pain if you let something serious slide......

You'll be fine!

mummycate Guest

Ok, I posted the first reply for this thread only a few hours ago and geez louise you guys gasbag! Ok so do I.... lol

Just test anyway LJ, save yourself the stress.

I've only had one pap test before and that was about 2-3 months ago. I've been active since just after I turned 18 and when I was 20 I was pg. So when I went to the doc about something, she asked me if I wanted to get Gardisil and I said, why not. Then I mentioned pap tests and that I'd make and appointment for one. She said that she could do it that very appointment.

The speculums I think are all changing over to being made of plastic and once only use. Its lubricated and inserted and then opened. You'd feel pressure but it shouldn't hurt. Then the doc uses a swab to take a sample, just by swabbing the cervix, which might twang or feel like pressure. The doc rubs the swabs on glass, and puts it into a pathology bag and it gets sent off. All over and done with in just a few minutes. I was uncomfortable mainly because I was nervous. But not a bad experience at all.

About your cricket ball clots Kass, that's more likely to be endometriosis. But cysts can occur at the same time, happened to my mum. Perhaps get a referral to a gynecologist and get a full checkup.

GEEBERS! I only posted about 12 hours ago and there's 3 pages to read! hahaha

Welcome Kass

Dylan was planned, Shane was planned, this baby was planned at first and after about 2 months TTC i think i may have had a m/c and i lost all motivation for trying for another one and thought it was prolly for the best to wait longer anyway but ended up getting a positive test the next month hehe.

I ended up busing it to Marion today afterall, i needed a little break from the kids and DH had the day off so i packed up my ipod and went to go spend my Supre voucher. Have you seen Supre at Marion Ali? that shop is so packed, its far too small for the amount of stock they have and it was filled with young skinny girls, it was actually really daunting because here i am with this huge belly and i was having trouble squeezing past the racks of clothes because of it so i didn't end up trying anything on or buying anything. I think i'm gonna wait til after baby, it was too much of an ordeal i felt so self conscious even though i'm only pregnant..

I've been struggling lately with parenting, both my kids aren't quite Kindy age yet (Dylan will be shortly thank god) and i'm about to drop another. Routine's have been really hard to keep up mostly from being pregnant i think and just going to have a nap when i need it. I don't think i spend enough time with the kids but when i do they (particularly Dylan) just wear me out really quickly, it's mainly Dylan's non stop talking, he wants to have conversations so you have to reply and talk back but they don't stop. Its so hard to just play quietly with them, and poor Shane often misses out because his big brother is much louder, and I love playing with Shane, he's a real sweetie..

jade. the colonnades 1 is heaps bigger than maion, and still quite cramped, but u can get a single stroller in there. Sarah is much like dylan, but it's all gibberish. oh for some silence!

i jsut relised 2day is sunday and i wont b booking anything in.....hehehe

mummycate: ur experience sounds like a good one im a real baby myself and would feel better if i had someone with me, do they allow a DP 2 come?

I've had 1 PS that was my 6 week check-up with my OB, i felt comfortable only because he had seen me at my worst.
    Mine didn't hurt, but it did feel strange.
    Kass-My OB let Phil come in, but maybe that's because we had Maddi with us.

I can't remember what else i read.
    So welcome to all the new people/person

mummycate Guest

If you want your partner there then the doc will be happy about it. Mostly they don't because you need your privacy but if its your choice then they're happy with it. At my surgery (now my old one ) they had the table and a curtain around it, despite the door being closed, just in case the door was opened. Your partner could either be on your side of the curtain or on the other side, holding your hand, whatever you prefer.

i think that this day and age there should b a better way of doing it...........i mean dont we go through enough without adding some stranger 2 use a tool on us.
    Ill just have 2 bite the bullet and go 4 it.

Meg, I had to PIAC for EVERY antenatal appt at swannies. I was having check from 16 wks (Because I had a threatned M/C) I was seeing them every 2-3wks and EVERY single time was PIAC, weight and a scan. Also the worst one is done at 30wks (which thankfully I missed) swannies get you to take a swab from your rectum. (ewwww gross) At 27wks and 6 days I did the glucose tolerance test... that was a huge waste of time for me! LOL. I gotta laugh at it cos otherwise I'd go mental. RE King eddies SCN, they are fantastic, really nice and supportive too. I met some really nice people in there. If (fingers crossed, you should be fine) but, IF anything was to happen you WILL be well looked after and you ARE in the BEST hospital in the state. Also another statistic.... KEMH has THE BEST survival rate for prems in AUS, have had for a few years in a row now I don't think this actually has to do with the hospital, I think wa has just been lucky to have "fairly healthy" prems.

I'm sorry.... I'm really not coping with brendans prematurity atm. But the hospital is fantastic, you'll love it. And becuase it is a womans hospy, you'll feel comfortable walking around in ya pjs too!

mummycate Guest

Ok tell me what SCN and PIAC stand for. I have no idea.

I might try Colonnades next time then.
    It's a shame you can do the swab yourself just like with the swab at i think 37 weeks
    uh oh.. kids are quiet, they're up to no good....

I'm shocked... they were only playing quietly....

PIAC..Pee in a cup..i know that one!!

Meg - i went to KEMH first pregnancy and everytime i had to go weigh myself and PIAC and check my protien levels and that myself. im going back to KEMH again this time, i had a great experience there, everyone was great bar one stupid midwife but we wont go there LOL

ive had 1 pap and it was fine, i was jsut nervous cos i'd never had one but i guess cos i had it done after DD was born i could handle anything after giving birth all my dignity went out the window then !!!

DP goes back to work tomorrow, woo hoo!!! i love having around to help out but geez he gets on my nerves been home all the time!!

have a great day ladies im trying to keep up

HI Ladies, hope your all doing well. Just checking in on you all. Have heaps to do around the house today. Talk later.
    XXXXXXX

SCN: Special Care Nursery. There are 3 levels to SCN, NICU is AKA SCN level 3.

Level 3 SCN (NICU) is for critical babies, babies on life support.
    Level 2 SCN is for babies needing intermediate care, they are usually still in a humidi-crib and are tube fed. They usually have IV's still too. But they are breathing themselves.
    Level 1 SCN is basic care, Babies that are jaundiced, and are having a few feeding problems go there.
    HDU (High Dependancy Unit) this unit is for Prems that usually spent a long time on life support. Prems that spend weeks on breathing machines go straight from level 3 into HDU.

Brendan didn't see the HDU, luckily he wasn't on brething machines for too long.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast