Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Younger Couples Chat ~ January 2008

brendans mum i think u r so stronge and someone 2 b admired u obviously went through alot and u and brendan have come through it 2gether well done.

Thank you Kass

Are we aiming to see how many number of threads we can each month??? HEHE We talk too much

mummycate Guest

Oh thanks Sally, now I know what you are talking about.

Ellie is tired and protesting nap.

I put a photo in my gallery of Ellie sleeping.

I think Dylan would have been in the level 2 SCN thingy when they took him after he was born. They sent be a polaroid of him in the humidi-crib they were worried about his breathing but he was breathing on his own i think they just wanted to keep an eye on him.
    I think they hid the seriousness of the situation at the time from me because a couple days later i had one or two doctors come to check up on me and a counsellor who wanted to talk about "what happened to me" I don't think it had that much of an impact on me, least not then, its more of a shock to me now because now i've seen and read about what birth is supposed to be like and stuff

and Sally, I completely agree with Kass, i think you're a real trooper! i'm not sure i could've handled all of that so well...
    Last edited by slimjadey; January 6th, 2008 at 02:31 PM.

Sally- i also agree with Kass & Jade your so stronge & someone to be admired for what you went through. If it was me i'm sure i wouldnt have coped.

Cate- Bummer that Ellie is protesting her nap, when does she go to her dads & how will she get to Sydney? sorry i'm nosey.

Jade, I'm jealous that you got a polaroid!! KEMH doesn't do that, I would have liked one too! hehe... Sorry to hear about your experience with Dylan, that would have been very scary for you!

Cate, I'll be back after I review your pics

mummycate Guest

WE both go back to Sydney this Saturday, but I will be staying with a friend, and Ellie will be with her dad. I'm sure she'll be fine. She didn't protest for long, usually about 20 minutes max, and she slept for 1.5hrs. More pics coming soon...

Elouise is gorgeous! Cate, you should be so proud of her

I've uploaded a few to my gallery as well I've added until Christmas day... but have a few more to add still

Take care

Babies that need to go to hospy after discharge go to paeds unless they need icu.

becky Guest

Kass - Dont put it off though! First thing tomorrow make your appointment!

Jade - I know what you mean! 2 is difficult hey! Love em to bits but sometimes you just need some time to yourself. Do you have any names picked out for bub#3? Gee, you could have your own footy team soon! LOL. (AFL of course!!)

Sally - Me too!! Admire your strength! Im sorry to hear you are not coping with it at the moment. Is it just the memories mainly?

Did everyone have a good weekend????

I have some pics of my kiddies too. Just click the link below.

Sally, i so kwym. there is soething about having sick babies that makes us really down. I hate the term Faliure to thrive because it made me feel like a faliure, and we aren't! The FTT has had an impact on my PND, i think it was the tipping point iykwim. I'm here 4 u hun

Memories and the fact that he is a little behind... It has been such a hard struggle, mentally, for him to be where he is now. I dread and I love weigh days... I dread them because if he hasn't gained weight the nurses start to get a bit pushy as if it's something I've done, mostly he has a decent weight gain though. He is a good size for his age. and he is actually on the chart for his actual age... a lot of Prems aren't.

Failure to Thrive really sucks... they should change that term into something nicer. I feel for you Ali. It's not like we starved our children. My body failed my son.... It kicked him out early and then failed to BF properly. Although I did get to 4.5 months BF.

Take care, I will be back later for a better post

I suppose if you think if it in terms of where he would be if he were born on time then he's doing absolutely great.

Might finish this post a bit later, i've gotta lay down, so tired i'm just about falling asleep at the keyboard. Didn't get nearly enough sleep last night... back later

Thanks girls you are all fantastic!

Jade, Brendan is doing extremely well for his corrected age (8 months corrected) And he is doing very well for his actual age too. I'll go dig up his growth charts....

BBS!!

Sally- your more than welcome Brendans a little champion for doing so well for his actual & corrected ages.

I think all of your ladies that are already mums are doing a great job

Ok, I dug up his charts. Here they are:

For Actual age(10 months) he is:
    3rd percentile for Weight
    5th percentile for height
    25th percentile for head circumference

For corrected age(7.5 months) he is:
    25th percentile for weight
    25th percentile for height
    50th percentile for head circumference
    He is dead on the lines with these!

Here's his growth since birth:
    (Weight, height and Head Circumference)
    Birth: 1545gms 40.5cms 28.5cms
    1 month: 1905gms 43.5cms
    6 weeks: 2190gms 32.5cms
    2 months: 2730gms 47cms
    10 weeks: 2925gms 48.3cms 35.2cms
    3 months: 3480gms 50cms
    4 months: 4260gms 52.5cms
    6 months: 5560gms 58.5cms
    7 months: 6295gms
    8 months: 7160gms 65cms
    9 months: 7720gms 66cms 44cms
    10 months: 8220gms 68cms 45cms

I seem to have misplaced his 5 months check, but I remember he didnt put much on between the 4-5 month mark. It was only about 100gms for the month, at 5 months he went onto full formula feeds and thrived from then

Ok, a not so selfish post....

How is everyone going? How are all the PG ones feeling? Not long to go for some of you! How exciting!! I miss Ashnant. i have been texting her and she said her baby sisters are doing well... GREAT NEWS!

For those interested I have done up a webpage/webblog for Brendan. there's not much on it at the moment, just his stories and growth and milestones. I will get on there and start filling more in about his visits to the paeds. Brendan's Page

Ok, so it was still a little selfish :P
    Take care

its not selfish its just what a proud mummy talks about, i mean these babies r our world and i think i speak 4 all of us when i say we love hearing about him (Brendan) and i love 2 hear about the rest of u soon 2 b mums and the already mums.
    Bonham08: 23 days left!!! how exciting and a girl, how r u feeling?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast