Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Younger Couples Chat ~ January 2008

It's ok Meg, i bought the chocolates to eat so i might as well eat them , i've gotten more of a sweet tooth since i've been pregnant. I hated the emotional part of my pregnancy, DP didnt know what to do with me when i was emotional he tried to "treat" me when i was feeling like that to cheer me up. I hope your DP can cheer you up and give u a big

i havent wanted chocolates this pregnancy ive wanted more savoury stuff, but with DD i wanted sweet things all the time, prob y i put on so much weight when i was preggas with her lol!!

Good to hear ur appt went well Bonham and that bubs head is down..not long to go now!

Hey girls, Joanne i will ask Ash.... as soon as i'm off here btw, if bubs is heads down, means that she's in a good postition to birth. means thats shes either ready to or already is "engaged" for the birthing process! thats great news

BBL, Take Care

Sally- thanks for asking Ash about the sleep apnoea.
    Yeah bubs has been head down since 32weeks, i'll be 37weeks tomorrow. My mum went early with me & my 3 siblings so i might just go early too, i've been having pains around my belly button and when i touch the area it feels bruised but apparently its just stretching and had period type pains at 2am this morning that lasted until about 5am but the dr didnt speculate too much on what it could mean if anything. I can feel bubs having "hiccups" really low so i figured she was pretty low.

Hi all,

Thought I'd come in here and introduce myself. I only just found this thread!

My name is Tiffany, I am 21, married to Josh (24) and we have a gorgeous little girl Tiera May who is 2mths. Josh and I got married in Oct 06 and had always planned to try for a baby from the day we got married. In month 4 of TTC success! I had always planned to be a young mum, but never knew just how much I'd love it!!!

I can't wait to get to know you all.

Short and sweet I know, but dinner calls!

Hey Tiff & welcome, must warn we can be quite chatty in here.
    Congratulations on your marriage & your gorgeous little girl, glad your loving being a young mum, look forward to getting to know you better.

Welcome Tiff!!

Joanne- think ur body is getting ready!!!...i had period pains for 3 days before my induction with DD and when i got there i was already 3cms

Welcome Tiff

Joanne, 37 weeks is exciting.... any day now Sleep Apnoea runs in Anthony's family, he has it and so does his parents (or dad)?? Thats why she has to get bubs checked She's doing well.

How are you guys going for sleep?? Are your bodies preparing you yet?? hehe

take Care

Blanche- Yeah from what people have told me my body is preparing for whats coming. If this bub was to arrive before EDD 30.01.08 it would TOTALLY **** my MIL off.

Sally- thanks for asking Ash about the sleep apnoea appreciate it. Glad Ash is doing well.
    Yeah 37weeks getting VERY exciting and realising how little time i have left and still have things to buy and organise. Sleep wise i've been getting to bed/sleep before midnight lately, considering for the last 2 months i've been awake after midnight. Have been sleeping in until 10.45am some days, got up at 8am only because i wanted to have breakkie before i went to my appt.

Hi again, am at friends place doing washing so have internet again briefly. Emma is awesome she brings her craptop nearly everytime she visits, i'm quite fond of her awesome mobile internet and her love for me! Lol!

Yeah Sally, both anthony's parents have sleep apnoea as well. They're both plagued with various medical conditions (they both have diabetes, his dad has congestive heart failure, and his mum's likely to develop some form of reproductive cancer in the next few years). So i think they were very thrilled that they're getting grandkids earlier than expected. It's really depressing at times for Anthony though as his parents tend to be in and out of a hospital a lot, and they dont like to tell him so he doesnt worry . Wow sorry for the ramble, but yes, we've been advised we're best to get bubba checked out early - i think i read on the forum somewhere that they can to tonsil and adenoid removal prior to 2yo these days so it's less traumatising for the kids.
    His mum also has PCOS - can that be carried through males? Like if we were to have a girl, could she get it from him (recessive?) does anyone know?

Welcome to all the newbies, wow we really are growing inside and my gosh do you all chat a lot!

Oh my gosh my sleeping has gone haywire. I feel like i need two naps a day, so i finally let myself sleep what i felt i needed to and then i couldn't sleep last night. Went to bed around the usual 2am-ish and only slept between 6am and 9am. I swear im almost running newborn clock now or something.

So i finally might have centrelink crap sorted by friday just so we can gt a little extra cash by the time bubba is born and then we'll declare were living together as we'll both be on the lease. Im wondering how much ill be entitled to with family assistance and whatnot if im on parenting partnered? Gosh i can ramble!

Well im going to leave this thread, drop in with my belly buddies and might beback again later. Sorry my threads are so impersonal and 'me me me' but ive to much to catch up on!

congrats tiff on ur speacial little bumble bee and welcome, glad u found us. Im new 2 this also but everyone is very lovely and helpful.
    Ur bubs is 2 cute! Lovin mummin also i think thats 1 of the things every1 in here has in common. Cant wait 2 get 2 know u.

JOanne: I was due on the 22/5/07 (this was also the day of my last anti natal clinic appt) and at 7am on the 22/5/07 i had period like feelings so I went 2 my appt and they thought nothing of it , they put a machine on me with belt like things around my big belly, but said they dont think its anything. So i was walking around all day visiting ppl and doing shopping when the pain started 2 get 2 much at my step bro's house anyway long story short i ended up in hosy 4cm dialated!
    What im trying 2 get at is this could very well b a sign that ur bundle of joy is on her way!

So good to hear from you!! WooHooo A friend of mine has had her lil boys adnoids out and he isnt two yet.

I used to get heaps of sleep when PG with Brendan. I would go to bed around 9pm and wake around 8-9am then have a 2-3 hr nap over lunch... I also slept cos I was so sick too.... yucky morning sickness, right up until he was born. At least that all went, like instantly! I had bad reflux and couldn't eat certain things and once he was born, it was like .... BAM... got my life back... sort off

Kass, that machine is called a CTG. It keeps an eye on bubs heartbeat as well as the uterus contracting I was due on the 5th may 2007, Brendan was born on the 25th Feb 2007. I have had lots and LOTS of experience with that monitor... I had it strapped to me the whole day before brendan was born! Approx 21hrs (cept loo breaks )LOL

Ash- Fair enough about getting bubs checked for sleep apnoea. Sorry to hear Anthony's parents health isnt the best. Good to hear that you should have things sorted with Centrelink by Friday. Take care and keep in touch.

Kass- Yeah hearing that these period type pains are prelabour does make it more real that i could go anyday now, even though i've still got 3 weeks until EDD. The dr said today that if i have any concerns that i'm too ring up the hospital or if its serious to go in there, but so far i havent had the period type pains since 5am this morning.

Sally- I would imagine that you'd know all about the equipment they use in the hospital.

oh yeah thats what its called, guess what u'll all b proud of me i took a step closer 2 a pap smear, i got the injection! Needles and i dont mix but i did it.

Brendonsmum: iv always wondered if someone asks how old brendan is do u say 10 months or 7 1/2?

becky Guest

Hey Tiff - Good to see ya hear!

Sorry guys, hard to catch up on al lthe pages!! LOL. Whats this about sleep apnoea though? It caught my eye cause my Dad has it. He has to wear that mask thingo at night. Is it hereditry? Should I look out for my kids?

mummycate Guest

Welcome Tiff!

Ok, I had 3 pages to read. And am tired, so will do personals later.

Hi tiff

not long left on puter (DH wants it ) bye!

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast