Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Younger Couples Chat ~ July 2008

my mum is actually 52, she had my brother when she was a month away from her 17th, so he is 35 than our middle brother that is 29 and than me, my oldest bro was 18 when i was born

Princess, I dont think your mum will judge you, although she may be disappointed she will soon "get over it" and be happy that she's going to be a grandma!! I know how hard it is for you, I was 17 when I first got pregnant, long story short mum helped me through a rough stage in my life (just out of an abusive relationship when i found i was pg... ended in a termination), if it wasn't for her I'm not sure I'd even be here today.

I hope you find the support you need, it's a life changing thing having children.

AFM... Brendan wouldn't go to sleep in his cot, but has fallen asleep on the couch! Soooo cute I think I may have to put the "v" shaped pillow in his cot for his day sleeps... he seems to be getting distressed when placed flat... Anyway thats for another time...

DP's gone to Perth to pick up a friend, he's promised we will go to Perth on Thursday... we better this whole 2 weeks he's been on holidays and we've done nothing together! Except he came shopping on saturday... shopping bill was 3 times it's normal and we got less... GRRR!

I'm on msn.... if someone wants to chat?!

Quote Originally Posted by princesswalkee View Post
    my mum is actually 52, she had my brother when she was a month away from her 17th, so he is 35 than our middle brother that is 29 and than me, my oldest bro was 18 when i was born
    Thats a big age gap!

yeah he and his gf used to take me shopping and people thought i was his daughter not his sister

hehe... people say the same about Brendan and I

Whatever happens, she will come around. You're still her baby girl and nothing ain't gonna change that.
    Gosh i think if i took my sisters shopping I would get death stares for miles... three kids under one hey

hey i get bad enough stares when i take my niece and nephew to the shops and they are 7 and 3, im starting to calm down and come around now and realise its not as bad as i originally thought i just have to go see my doctor which will be sometime next week. and this is a bit of a silly question but i think i have ringworm, as the thing on my stomach is the same as a friend had a few weeks ago and she was diagnosed with ringworm. should i talk to the doctor about it or just go get some cream for it at the chemist?

I would go to the dr.... you can give the cream a go first... but you have to be careful what you take and use during pregnancy, somethings can harm the baby as well. I advise seeing the dr.

thanks for that

Man I posted a reply before. BB must have eaten it. Oh well.

Hi all. Sorta been reading - well this page anyway, will go read more.
    Just wanted to say Congrats & good luck Princess. I fell pg with DD1 at 17. I was only 3 months younger than when my mum fell pg with me, but she wasn't supportive at all.
    DS (my 3rd) was the first congratulations I got when I made the announcement.
    I'm now married to the father of all 3 of them & we're not doing too bad.
    I hope your mum is ok. Mine absolutely loves being a nan, just didn't like the idea of me giving up my life. I think she might be over it now. 7 years later!

What is it with the "giving up my life" thing?
    Gah it so annoys me... I can go back to uni and work when theyre at school - and push myself trhough each day because i have a family to provide for...
    much better than working for pretty things.
    eh i dont get it... i certainly didnt give up my life.

Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster
    Man I posted a reply before. BB must have eaten it. Oh well.
    me 2 *scratches head*

Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster View Post
    What is it with the "giving up my life" thing?
    Gah it so annoys me... I can go back to uni and work when theyre at school - and push myself trhough each day because i have a family to provide for...
    much better than working for pretty things.
    eh i dont get it... i certainly didnt give up my life.
    So true!! I've done more with my life in the 18months with Brendan than what I did in the few years I had been out of home!

As much as this sounds corny but... having Brendan and watch him struggle to live and pull through, made me realise just how precious life is. I don't take the time I have with him for granted. I've taken Brendan every where with me... from Melbourne on holiday for 4 weeks to driving trips around WA. DP and I do more now than what we used to... even though mostly cant afford too!

i'm rambling now...

I agree. I wouldn't change my kids for all the drunken Friday nights & high paying jobs in the world!
    But I guess that was mum's view of me. Oh well.
    Just goes to show why she's never helped me out unless its $20 or something. A mum would've been better.

thanks for the encouragement and the things i hae to look forward to

welcome princess and congratulations i hope you have a wonderful, easy and healthy pregnancy.
    how is everyone?
    Congratulations Banx on Cooper, i love that name and we have chosen that name if we are to ever have a son aswell.
    Well Maddie turned one on sunday, so exciting, she is walking properly now, such a big girl.
    We are moving down south on monday, it will be so great to finally be out of the city.
    Hope you are all well.
    Amy x

Amy, good luck on the move!!

PW - dont worry about all the things that you have to 'look forward' to - take it in your stride. it will make you a strong and beautiful person!! all the adversities we face only make us stronger and prouder people.

amy gl with the move!! happy birthday to maddie!

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast