Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Younger Couples Chat ~ July 2008

Sally- i had so many things to say and i knew i would forget to mention something and i forgot to mention my tummy growing. i told my doc the other day though so ill just see him on wednesday and try again.
    he is a pretty good doc so should be understanding of how im feeling. i think emergency doctors just want ot get you out of there asap.

well im off to perth today, have a funeral to go to tomorrow.
    hope you have all had a great long weekend.
    Speak probably wednesday.
    x

i was food shopping the other day and people were like staring at me. DP turned to me and told me and im like "yes i know they have been doing it for months" hes like "why" i said, "coz im young and pregnant"..

its sad really.. i mean i dont mind people looking but the staring and weird looks makes me want to punch them in the face. Imagine what it will be like once shes here! People are so quick to judge. mmmmmm

nevermind...

im doing ok got another appointment tomorrow! its getting close now only seen my middy 5 days ago! man this weather is heating up... makin me swell up! lol. i hope one day to see my ankles again...... lol

rhyb Guest

Hi all!!
    Hollye- Don't worry about it dude you don't care when you have bub because they make every filthy look every rude comment worth it. I copped it big time cz most of the time I have my 4yr old sister with me Let em stare.
    Mum2maddieand1- Hope you get answers soon. Big and wishing you a good weekend.

Well today we went to the dr as my little man is officially 4 months old today!! And my gorgeous little man is now 6.7kgs 66cm long and has a HC of 44cm! To think 3 weeks ago they were concerned. Im so happy!!
    Unfortunately with this good news comes bad. I've been really sick lately for no good reason, vomiting, headaches, tired all the time, forgetful (to the point of having to ask if I've showered) so can anyone guess what the dr is suspecting...? That's right! Pregnancy! That'd be great except I'm a single mum already But I'm going for an ultrasound this afternoon cz there's a chance it could be something wrong with my ovaries or womb.
    Personally I'm hoping pregnancy if they're my choices.
    I have no idea what I'm gonna do. I've text XP (as he's the only person I've slept with in over a year) but I don't expect an answer.
    So I'm freaking out

oohh rhyb. so glad Aiden is growing nicley! just have your u/s darl before u start freaking out. It might just be a false alarm. Let me know how u go and good luck sweety xoxo

Hollye - Can you imagine the looks I got when I was 17?

I'm with Skye, i was 17 when i had lys and i got the dirtiest looks, i was working at the checkouts at kmart and one lady asked how old i was, when i told her she told me 'your a stupid girl'... imagine how i felt, first i wanted to cry and then i wanted to smash her face in. lol. It's not nice being judged but it happens and you get used to it, just know your prob gonna be a better mum than half the 30yr old mums out there who go to work f/t and leave there kids in childcare (no offence to those mums) so who the hell are they to judge, i know for a fact i am a better mum than 2 of my sisters and they are both older than me (3yr and 10yrs older). Just stick ya finger up at em or ask em what they r looking at, that'll teach em. lol

I still get people who think Jesse's my first if I leave the girls with Anth to do the shopping. The looks on their faces are priceless when I say 'yeah, I already have a 6 & 3 year old!'
    A lady this morning at the deli at IGA started saying how Jesse is so cute, then went on to say but it all changes when they start talking.
    I said I know, I've got 2 girls at home. She smiled & walked away. I don't even look that young any more. Well to have Jesse I guess I'm not.

rhyb Guest

Well the u/s operator told me nothing so now I have to wait over a week before I can see my doctor and find out whats going on.
    I dunno Im funny I prefer to be a young mum. This way fingers crossed I get to see DS grow up (my eyesight is deteriorating so this is important to me) and I can play actively with him. I mean each to their own but people should keep their comments to themselves if it isn't what a gorgeous baby.

Hello ladies sorry been MIA I had my 21st and found us a house!

The young parent thing. It was never an issue for me. I never had a bad look, but it was prob because I took no notice. I was on happy hormones throughout my pg and know moron with a frown was going to bring me down.

Now days makes me laugh as they judge. It would be amazing to snoop in there lives and see what we could judge against them.

Everytime you get a look, or comment just laugh and think what they are hinding At least you where your baby bump proud

rhyb - I hope it all works out for you hun. Preggers or not, you'll be ok. You should ring your doc & ask if you can get in sooner for your results.

As for being a young mum, My MIL had DH at 16. They are now 43 & 26 & the thing I love most about her is that she can still party! She will stay up drinking til dawn like the rest of us & we can talk to her about ANYTHING!
    I can only hope my kids have the same view of me when they are older.

Rhyb Aiden is growing nicely

Hollye, it sucks... but as long as you are happy thats all that matters. I walk with my head held high and with lots of confidence (even if i dont have any) it just shows them up!

hey girls!!! at the suggestion from someone from another thread ive come 2 find this thread!!! hope u dont mind me infiltrating it

Yay Jess, you found us, lol.

Hi, Kass, hope your 21st was good, sorry i missed it. Hopefully i'll see ya at the next meet, YAY to finding a house, tell us all about it, where is it etc etc.
    P.s LauraB is looking for you in the meetups forum. lol

yep.... it took me ages to find it but!! lol this forum is so diff to other ones i get confused hehe.......

but im starting to like this one better...seems more friendlier then the other one i go on. thier soooo *****y there...

Hollye - it's awful feeling like people are judging you just because you are a young parent. I know that my SIL got it all the time, because she has two kids to two different dads and isn't married or engaged. She is a great parent though. Your relationship status and your age have nothing to do with your parenting skill. To be honest, I think that one of the reasons why I didn't really get judged when I was pregnant (and even now with Josie in the world), is because I'm married!!
    You know what, my DH's grandmother said that she was really pleased because of her six great grandchildren, Josie is the only one who has been born to married parents!! I was almost horrified when I heard her say this to me!

Unfortunately when you become a parent or parent-to-be it's like you become public property. People think that it's their god-given right to tell you what to do or tell you how to think and feel. Truth is that it's none of their business. Just ignore them and do what is right for you and your family!!

I can totally relate to people thinking they have a right to assume or even ask about my daughters and their dads! as my 1st DD is from a diff dad, who has her 2 nights a week etc. thank goodness ppl arent dumb enough to ask very often.. although ive had a few ppl ask... like its thei business....

I often feel embarressed taking both girls out if im not with DP as alot of ppl give me the "look" like im a dirty little tramp!!!! i hate it! its very unfair...

and i soooo often get the advice and questions etc when im just with my DD2, most the time i just nod and agree because i dont want to feel like an idiot when i say ah no i have a 3 yr old too.. guess im just a lil shy in that area!!

plus i feel a bit weird when ppl r like ahhh so ur first??????

mmm no... i have a 3 yr old...

then their like oh.... and like look weird.... hate it!

i dont see how its any diff if i have 2 daughters already at 21.... doesnt make me a crazy nutcase mum out boozing it on the streets and not feeding my kids! their fed...clothes.... roof over their heads... and LOVED....

i rambled a bit haha

emma, thats so true.... but it sucks still LOL

Jess, welcome!!!!!!

I should let you all know I am back!!! But I have to go and get more unpacking done

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast