Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Scared- first IVF cycle

Meo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cadence View Post
    Hi lovely ladies,
    they collected 9 eggs (I don't know whether that is a good result or not?)
    This is a fabulous result, go you lil' egg cooker! Last round I got 6 eggs but only four mature and only one dodgy embryo, so you're looking good Cadence. Take care of yourself and remember to keep your fluid up.

Cadence- good result with the eggs. Last time I got 10, 7 mature, 3 fertilised and I ended up with two blastocysts....good luck!

That's good news Cadence. My clinic thinks I'll get about the same so I think its a good number. Not too many and not too few I guess. Does your clinic also have the if you get more than 10 you don't have to have the HCG injections protocol? Just curious if its my clinic or others as well. I hope you are feeling better today.

Hi Girls!
    I've been a bit busy with work but all is well... it's actually good to have something to keep me busy while waiting for my cycle to start... Thanks for all kind words!!

Cadence I'm so happy for you! Now it's just few days until you have your transfer! I will be thinking of you! Take care and lots of rest!
    For everyone waiting for the EPU, Good luck!!!! I hope you have plenty of healthy eggs and all of them fertilize beautifully!!!

quick update: I'm on Synarel, start injections next Thursday...

Hi all,
    Thanks for your supportive messages.
    I am booked in to have my transfer tomorrow morning and will find out more then I guess about the quality of embryos etc.
    I am still a bit sore from the opu, am feeling it a bit more than I thought I would but under control with panadeine.
    Wishing you all well on your journeys whatever stage you are at- keep me updated.
    Srose I am not sure about the hcg injections- haven't been told anything about that?

Cadence - I'm sure if its necessary they would have told you by now. I have to admit I'm glad you have shared that you are still sore day 2 post OPU, I have been really wondering how much tenderness/pain there would be given I want to travel to see my parents on the weekend post opu/transfer. That part has been making me very anxious so I'm very glad to have a first hand experience to go by.
    for tomorrow morning, I deeply hope there is great news ahead for you.

Meo - How are you travelling? Any news on the opu front yet?

Esperan - Congrats on being on the Synarel and starting the new cycle. I hope work stays busy and the distraction lasts for you.

Well my trigger shot is done... now we wait for Thurs and see what eggies come from this additional wait time. I have to admit the anxiety has increased a little once the trigger was done. Almost like now its more real than ever before.

Good luck for opu SRose will be thinking of you! I hope that you are not too sore. I felt okay initially and they gave me some panadeine forte when I was in recovery and then bought some panadeine and rested when I got home yesterday.
    I also thought that I would be fine to return to work today but they gave me a certificate for 3 days, yesterday, today and tomorrow. I ended up going into work anyway but had a quiet day
    for your opu, let us know how it goes!

Well done Cadence and all the best for the transfer tomorrow morning. Will be thinking of you.

Srose- good luck, here's hoping for plenty of mature eggs for you

cadence- good luck with the transfer

Hello all,
    I hope you are all doing well! Thanks again for your kind thoughts it really has made this whole process so much easier knowing that there are supportive people out there sending me positive vibes.
    I am struggling to keep up with everyone in here. Esperean and Possums you are both up to synarel right? I hope that it is not giving you too many headaches or other side effects. Srose your egg pick up is tomorrow?? Good luck will be thinking of you.
    Meo, have you had your egg pick up yet? Am hoping to hear some good news from you soon.
    To anyone else I have missed wishing you well and keep me posted about what stage you are at.
    AFM Well, I had my embryo transfer this morning and Dr Stern said that it is a beautiful looking embryo and she is pleased with how things went. At this stage it looks as though I will have 4 or 5 embryos to freeze which she said was a very good result. So now comes the excruciating waiting part, I am trying to be cautiously optimistic, don't want to get my hopes up but am trying to stay positive.

Meo Guest

Ann - hope you're resting up nicely. I have everything crossed for you (except my legs 'coz then EPU would be tricky )and hope you get the BFP this round.

I can't believe how excited I get reading this thread! lol S'rose, good luck for tomorrow.

Possums, esperan, Loops12, K! and everyone I've missed, thinking of you all and hoping you're travelling well.

AFM, I have my final injection (trigger) tonight and got a call from my clinic earlier to say I have to be admitted at 7AM on Friday There's nothing quite like stupidly early appointments to make you feel good. I hope that everything goes well, have to say I've been feeling like my ovaries are going to pop for the last day or so, really tempted to call in sick to work as am not doing anything and can't focus and having trouble sitting due to discomfort. I keep getting twinges from them as well, hoping that I haven't jumped the gun and there's still something IN there on Friday to collect. Never too much to worry about with IVF I suppose.

Still, lunchtime now, so that will distract me for an hour lol

Ann - Thank you for that info, it seriously helps as I head into that phase now. Congrats on the beautiful emby and I hope there are some lovely snowbubs for you as well. That would be an excellent outcome, especially given you hopefully won't need them just yet. I can't imagine how hard this tww will be, but I won't be too far behind you for hand holding.

Meo - FANTASTIC news hun... watch out for the post trigger tenderness btw. I have to say I found today to be the most uncomfy of all with my pot belly. I sympathise about the early start, I have admittance at 7.15 tomorrow morning. How I will get my DH up is a mystery at this point lol. I am sure you will have a lovely number of eggies to collect, and not far to go now either. Count down to trigger will be on for sure.

Me: Nervously fluttering away waiting for tomorrow. Sore belly today so found sitting a challenge, but buried my head in work and found the day slipped away nicely. I just can't wait for it to be done now, and I can get on with being normal again for a short while. Week 2 of tww is the one that will get me worked up. So close and yet so far from the outcome is such a killer.

Hope everyone else is doing well - Possums, Esperan, K1 and Loops.

Hi Ladies
    Happy to report a BFP confirmed by the BT today. Nurse says all the levels are looking good. Its early days but I am over the moon about the result. I really had not let myself think that it could actually happen. WOW.

I'm sending extra vibes and prayers to you all so we can hopefully meet up in the preggies after LTTTC rooms.

Thanks for the support - you are all wonderful.

Congratulations K1, am very happy for you! Hope this is the beginning of a long list of BFP's.

Thumbs up

Oh my god How exciting!!!!

K1 great news!! CONGRATS!

Cadence so happy for you! Now might be the longest 2 weeks... but hang in there... you will be fine! Please keep us updated! Do you have any special care after the transfer? or just normal life? I think we would feel so protective of our tummy isn't it??

S'rose How was your EPU today? How are you feeling?

Meo Good luck tomorrow on your EPU... I will be thinking of you!

Possums have you started injections?

Loops all settled now? Exciting and good to take your mind away while cycle doesnt start...

Sorry if I forgot anyone?...

Me: Synarel is not giving me headaches... (Which is very good because I suffer of migranes normally...) But I feel so far from my cycle, can not wait to start FSH... At the moment just trying to avoid cold and flu...

Have a good day tomorrow everyone!

Great news K1!!

all the best to everyone else with the next step...sorry for not more personals just now, in a bit of a rush at work

and as for me, bit bummed today, as once again I am not baseline on the synarel...so therefore today's planned start of injections has been put on hold for another week...if I am still not baseline then, the cycle will be cancelled very frustrated and a bit upset...this happened last time too though, and after the extra week I was set to go, so I hope the same happens this time. Silly body is not cooperating...cmon body!

I am going to be away for a week, so will check on you all when i get back

Hi girls,
    Sorry for short reply but am absolutely drained tonight.
    Just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you all.
    Possums for you, I really hope that the synarel starts working for you and you are able to start stims very soon, I hope that you are okay and your time away helps you feel a bit better.
    Esperan, I am still actually feeling a bit sore from the egg pick up so have been a bit more cautious anyway but yes I am feeling very protective of my tummy, finding myself being very aware of it and thinking that I have a little embie in there, it is a strange feeling am trying to keep busy and keep my mind off it but today just dragged!
    Anyway thinking of you all, keep us posted everyone

cadence- hope that embie is getting nice and comfy in there

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast