Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Scared- first IVF cycle

Possums, hope things get better for you next week...

Girls, just came back from the gym and needed to say something for you all: THANK YOU!!
    Because I haven't told anyone about what's going on with the IVF (actually the only person who knows is my mum and she's not in Australia) you have been my friends to share with... and I'm so GLAD to tell you my little thoughts and to hear your experiences...

Big group hug for us all!!

Possums - why haven't they considered using Lucrin? I swapped to that when the Synarel wasn't working for me and everything was smooth sailing after that. I know its way more expensive, but it does work.

K1 - brilliant brilliant brilliant news. I am so glad all things are coming back good and I hope that you have a smooth full term pg ahead.

Meo - Sorry I didn't get to wish you good luck with epu before you went. Hope the results are positive.

Esperan - The support is pretty comforting, so glad we can all help each other out.

Cadence - Hope you are resting as much as you can, my nurse did say it could take a few days to settle the tummy down. Esp once ET happens and more hormones want to run around.

Me: EPU was pretty okay, got 10 eggies which is exactly what I was hoping for. No hcg shots this tww woot. Start the crinone tonight for transfer tomorrow. Have to ring to get fert rates shortly. I feel pretty positive atm, even though I also came down with a cold last night. Belly is tender, but resting really helps and I had heaps of water as instructed.

Sorry if I missed someone, just rushing to go lie down again, been sitting up too long this morning.

Meo Guest

K1 - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so excited for you and hoping that you've set the trend for everyone in this thread to get the best possible results this round.

S'rose, thanks for your thoughts and congratulations on your egg pick up as well. Hope there are plenty of them fertilised so that you can have a few snowbubs as well (but we all know they won't be necesswary this round, right? )

Sorry no more personals atm as am still quite mentally dull from sedation, but we have FANTASTIC news. 19 eggs!!!!! OMG, I was so happy that I cried in the recovery room when my FS told me. Looks like the odds might be in our favour this time around. Last round we got 6, four mature, so even if a few of them aren't mature, we're still looking good. I've just rung my mum, dad and two of my siblings to tell them, I'm so excited! lol Don't know how many are mature, the scientist is going to ring me tomorrow with that and fertilisation rates. I knew I had a good feeling about this cycle for a reason Also, apart form straight after the procedure, NO cramping . . . this is also excellent, although I'm now off to take my hot water bottle to bed and sleep some more. Helps to process the sedation and because we were up at 5.45am to get to hospital at 7 for admission, but arrived at 6.30 due to no traffic! Still, worth it for the outcome!

Take care, ladies. I'm going away for the weekend too, so I'll check back on Monday after transfer and update again. Have an awesome weekend, I know I will

10 eggs went to the lab, 7 matured and were injected, 6 are still viable. I think its good when the lab man is sounding very positive about your results, so I take it this is all going really well so far.
    12.45pm tomorrow I am going to be PUPO with a potentially nice strong embie.

Meo - Fantastic news hun, what a relief after all that waiting. Rest up, lots of fluids and by next week there will be a few in the tww.

Meo Fantastic news!!! Hope all goes well with fertilization!!!!
    S'rose fantastic new as well! Good luck tomorrow!

Hi ladies,
    Wow this thread is getting exciting lots of positive news around.
    Srose and Meo congratulations on your egg pick up, what a fantastic result for you both, just a quick question for you Srose, why did you start the crinone before your transfer? I didn't start mine until the day of the transfer (but at night), was just wondering?
    Possums, hope you are hanging in there and that things look up soon.
    K1 hope all is going well for you and that you are enjoying the early stages of your pregnancy.
    Esperan, I know what you mean it is so nice having people who understand and support you through this without judging! I hope you are doing well.
    AFM, I am okay, feeling a little less sore today but very bloated tummy and still very tired, I am considering booking an appointment with one of the IVF counsellors for next wed which will be half way through my tww, I figure I might be going stir crazy by then, what do you girls think?
    Take care everyone and keep the positive news coming!!
    Sorry forget that I wanted some advice. I am currently using the crinone gel and was told by nurse to take it around the same time each night (I have been using it at 8:30) anyway tomorrow night I am going to a 21st and won't be home until late will it matter if I use the gel a few hours later than normal?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Cadence; May 8th, 2009 at 02:09 PM.

Hi Cadence,
    I don't have much experience after EPU... But I remember nurse asked me to start crinone 2 days before scheduled ET and also to use at night before bed. I just read in the leaflet that "if you forget a dose of Crinone, use it as soon as you remember, and then continue on the same schedule as before" so I don't think couple of hours would be a problem. Good luck! and good fun at the party!

Cadence, its just what I was instructed to do. It actually makes me feel more comfy this way though, knowing the environment is already being prepared for my embie, but I don't know what the reasoning for it is. I too was told to take it at night, and don't forget the side effects of crinone can include the fatigue etc. How are you finding the gel atm?

Esperan is right there too... my instruction leaflet said that from the pack, so like anything, its going to happen that you can't always take it at the same time. In fact, my nurses didn't say anything except at night, so no timing instructions for which I am grateful.

My tummy is feeling pretty good this arvo, head cold far worse. And given how much I am sneezing, I am pleased it no longer hurts I seem to have recovered pretty well so far.

Hi ladies,
    Hope you are all well.
    I am feeling very teary at the moment, Srose I have been okay with the gel, have noticed fatigue and frequent urination and of course teariness but don't know whether that is due to the crinone or not.
    Anyway just a quick one today, am thinking of you all and hoping to hear more positive news soon, take care.

Its the crinone Cadence, I haven't been teary at all, but this morning burst into tears full on!!

Transfer is done, I am PUPO!! I also now have 5 in the freezer, which is pretty amazing.

Feeling okay, but the head cold is truly hideous stuff. Gotta run, will catch up soon.

S'rose I'm so happy for you! Hope all goes well for your little embie in there! happy for your snow bubs as well!!

Me: not much happening, today went for a blood test... hope synarel is working well... exciting bit coming soon...

Meo Guest

Ladies, glad to hear we're all travelling well. I also started my Crinone last night after going away for the weekend, but not exactly as planned!

I was supposed to go to Ballarat for a course with my mum, but after posting on Friday about not having any pain (HA!), it got really bad and I felt awful, so cancelled my trip away. Pain got worse over Saturday and moved higher up my abdomen, really bloated and my breathing was quite shallow plus nausea and dizziness (can you lovely ladies see where this is going? ) so I got DH to take me in to the Royal Women's on his way to WORK! Got there about 6pm, they observed and then admitted me at 10.30pm, so I spent Saturday night, all day Sunday and until 9.30 this morning at the hospital being observed for mild OHSS. Was fine again by this morning, turns out the pain was mostly severe constipation (sorry, tmi I know) so we went ahead with the transfer this morning.

I have my first baby photo in my bag and DH reckons it's got my nose So my blood test is on 25 May and despite all the drama of the weekend, I still have a good feeling about this round because of our 19 eggs, 12 were mature and 8 fertilised using ICSI, so not only do I have one on board, we have 5 in the freezer and two more that were a little behind, so we'll know whether they're freezing this afternoon or not. I pretty much couldn't be more excited, but am still taking it slowly as I feel wrecked and still quite bloated. Why is nothing simple? lol

Take care all, I'm heading back to bed!

Fantastic news Meo, what a fabulous result. And I'm sooooo sorry about the hospital trip, what a nasty nasty outcome.
    I forgot to collect my photo of the little cells, but how amazing a sight is that moment. Blew me away completely.
    Lots of rest for you hun, and fluid and crinone away lol.

I keep waiting for the crinone to exit (tmi), but apparently it can take about a week for it to start coming back out and it sounds rather gross honestly. I have had to buy some grundies for the specific purpose so this will be a very interesting tww. Its funny to think I have been PUPO for only 2 days, it already seems so much longer. Goodness help us a bit further down the track.

Hi All. Thought I would all jump into this thread as I'm amount to start my first IVF (after 3 failed IUI's). Af is due anytime this week and I started Synarel last Friday. I have been reading through the thread about down reg cycles etc. Can someone explain what these are?

Hi B2B,
    Down reg cycles are basically a pill cycle where the clinic makes sure your body is under control for when the stim cycle starts. It basically means you don't ovulate as such so they can best manipulate your body.
    Good luck, and there is plenty of wisdom around for IVF support in here.

Thanks S'Rose.....how do i know what cycle I'm on.....just commenced Synarel and once AF arrives will be on 200iui of Puregon

Hi Meo! Congrats! and I'm so sorry for your hospital trip... That would be very scary...
    But I'm so glad things worked out perfect with your ET!! My 1st cycle was the same as your 1st cycle (poor egg division) so hearing from your experience with ICSI just gave me more confidence for my next cycle!!
    Now you can join S'rose and Cadence! just waiting for the blood test!!! Hope all goes well!!
    Possums how are you doing?
    Hi Baby2bee! Welcome to this thread!

Me: feeling very down today... a little bloated and with lower back pain... starting needles on Thursday!

Puregon is a stim drug. So you are about to embark on the stim cycle. Synarel is designed to flat line your body and prevent you from ovulating. You'll be taking it early to have it in your system so when you start the puregon your body can produce the follies without risk of them popping before collection.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast