Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Looking for knitters to help knit for kids

Hi Girls on to my second square now. Hows everyone else going?

LOL Nessa,

I am just about to start now, I had to get some more needles and I wanted some nicer wool so now I have that I am off to start, so should be by the end of the week atleast.

pebbles2820 Guest

That's really funny Nessa, lucky she was able to control herself. I'm nearly finished second square which I've covered with B's. If no-one else wants the job I'm happy to volunteer to sew the squares together, my email is [email protected] , for when you're needing my address.

Almost finished my first!

Nessa - People try to take me knitting all the time - I taught myself and apparently do it in reverse or something and people are always commenting when they see me do it

Also, knitting letters and even pictures in is really easy to do - just really difficult to explain. But I will give it a go

1. Knit the square or whatever as you normally would.
    2. Once the garment/square is completed treat it more life a tappestry or a cross stitch (sort of). get a length of yarn that you want the letter to be on a needle that you would use to sew the garment together (knitting needle didn't make sense!) and then simply follow the original stitches that you knitted. For example if you think of a stitch in your completed knitting as an upside down horseshoe you would bring your needle up through your knitting at the base of the horse shoe, round behind the base of the stitch above and then back down at the other base of the horse shoe. This completes one stitch and then you come up at the base of the next horse shoe. I am sure that I would have a picture of it somewhere in my library of patterns - anyone who is interested just email me and I will scan it and send it back.
    [email protected]
    Penny - thanks for volunteering - I will email you

Happy knitting everyone

well have been knitting all afternoon and am half way there LOL geeze I am a slow coach, I wnet into a knitting shop today and they had to most gorgouse wool but it was very much so either in pinks or blues so I left it and got some really nice multi coloured wool that has green and aqua and turqoise in it I really like it, I am starting to get addicted here LOL

LOL Amy - some addictions are good for you!

Thats great guys. Thanks for volunteering Penny I was hoping someone would I am just flat out at the moment. Nessa don't worried I was taught how to knit and found it difficult so I developed my own style it still came out the same in the end but my teacher refused to teach me unless I did it her way. I will email you penny.

pebbles2820 Guest

Knitting and crochet are highly addictive, I only started about 3 years ago but haven't looked back. My DH calls it crochet madness. The more you practice the better you'll get and the more addicted you'll be.

I am hoping I am doing ok, I worry cause it doesnt look perfect, but its not to bad I dont think hmmm but what would I know LOL, so I will send it and if its not okay I really wont be offended at all if its not used, I dont want to make the blanket look cruddy hehehehehe,

I am almost finished my first square YAY and that hasnt taken me long at all, I will start another one too its been great practice thats for sure, I really dont want to loose it this time ie; the whole knitting flow LOL, as I started knitting a few years back but my son got to it and pulled it apart and I left it at that and couldnt for the life of me work out how to start it again so this time I have got my groove back hehehe and I dont want to loose it I just want to get better,

I want to get a book of baby patterns that use this gorgeous velvet wool and it also incorperated the feathers in to some of the peices of clothing, the lady said its very much a great place for a begginer to start,

so perhaps next week I will get that as I want to actally make something now I just have a hard time understanding the patterns, but really want to see something I have started and finished.

thanks for the motivation girls
    Last edited by *Elle*; May 9th, 2007 at 01:58 PM.

Nessa I did the same thing and again its not all that noticable,
    so yeah it would be good to know if its still okay.

Hi all, it doesn't matter if they are not perfect i'm sure who ever gets the blanket will be glad to have something to keep them warm during the cold winter months. Now if you have a massive hole that takes up the whole square we may need to worry LOL Just do you best.

pebbles2820 Guest

I'm sure our blanket will be beautiful and much appreciated so don't worry too much about a few dropped stitches. I've just started no.3.

cool thanks for that,

#3 WHAT THE your a super women LOL

I am not sure either but I have a begginers book that I can refer to, mabe try looking it up on the net I would try and scan the page and email it to you but I am not sure how to do that either DAHHHH sorry, let me know if you need further assistance and I will give the scanner a go it cant be that hard can it LOL.

Finally bought some wool!!! I got cream cause I thought it would go with anything everyone else was doing- now I just need to find all my knitting needles and I'm off! You guys will be on the 3rd blanket by the time I start the rate you are going LOL

pebbles2820 Guest

Yay Nessa! Feels good doesn't it?
    I wish I was super woman Amym, I have so many projects started and trying to find time to finish them all is not fun.
    After I've finished this square I'm going to do something else so you'll have a chance to catch up mrsmac.

I have finished too YAY, will start anohther one tonight, but am sick so may not get much done before I head to bed.

WOW I have made 1, sorry,

you go Nessa well done

I got sick and then kinda lost my momentum,

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast