Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Looking for knitters to help knit for kids

pebbles2820 Guest

4 at a go sounds good to me, I'll be starting no4 tonight after my daughters concert. All of mine are purple but in different stitches and with B's on them.

OMG I'm falling behind. Everyone in my house including me have had a virus and the flu so I have had no time to knit let alone any energy.I will have to get my but into gear.

who are we sending them too? I have done one and want to send it on its way.

pebbles2820 Guest

sending to me, my email is [email protected] . We thought it would save on postage to send a few at a time. I'm ready and waiting.

I've been so busy with everything else but knitiing these squares so far this week I have sewn a formal dress for a wedding I'm going to next week and I've been cooking up a storm. I hope to get back to the knitting thing when I get back from this wedding.

eeeeeekkkkk, I haveonly done one, we have just moved on top of everything else and now I cant find it I dont know where I put it grrrrrr, oh well boxes are being unpacked at a steady rate so hopefully it wont take me to long to find my knitting needles and get back into it.

pebbles2820 Guest

That's fine Nessa, in reality I'm supposed to press them before I sew them together anyway.

Well girls I've finished my five, so I'm going to wait patiently for everyone elses to start arriving so I can sew them up. I've also found where the finished blanket is to be sent.

My next charity project is jumpers for African Aids Babies, apparently they leave the hospitals wrapped in newspaper. If any of you are interested, even you beginners, it's a really simple pattern knitted in one then sewn at the sides.

Cast on 44 stitches
    Work 18 rows K2,P2 rib
    Work 30 rows stocking stitch
    Cast on 12 stitches at the beginning of next 2 rows, changing back to K2,P2
    Rib 22 more rows
    Rib 21, cast off 26 stitches, rib 21
    Rib 21, cast on 26 stitches, rib 21
    Rib 22 rows
    Cast off 12 stitches beginning next 2 rows
    Work 30 rows stocking stitch
    Work 18 rows K2,P2 rib
    Cast off and sew up

pebbles2820 Guest

K means knit
    P means pearl(knitting stitches towards you instead of away)
    Stocking is knitting one row, then pearling the next so all of the stitches face the same side.

You can pick up a really good beginners book from any newsagents. Knitting seems to be back in vogue at the mo.

Thats a great idea Penny! My neighbour is knitting the jumpers for the african babies as well. It must be a central west thing because I have heard a few people around here doing knitting for the same thing. Its so sad to hear that a baby goes home from a hospital in newspaper It makes me glad we live in such a good country where that sort of thing is unheard of. Where are you sending the blanket?

pebbles2820 Guest

There's a group in town doing it, there was an article in the times on monday about it. I've also looked it up on line and there seems to be a few rural communities involved in it. When I read about those poor babies my heart just broke( I just wanted to hold them and show them love, like they deserve) and I figure the best thing I can do is knit these jumpers for them.

pebbles2820 Guest

That's okay Nessa, I think you've done reaaly well with the squares, considering you've only just taught yourself. I didn't tackle anything with a pattern for ages and then it was wariations on scarves, so I was still kinitting in straight bits with no casting on or off.
    I've sent you my address.

Hi Penny,
    Please email me your address to [email protected]. I only have one square but we are moving house this week and I don't want it to get lost.
    thanks

hey Anney great idea, casue you know what, we moved a couple of weeks ago and I put my one and only square in a 'special' and 'safe' place, ummm but dont know where that is now LOL so I cant for the life of me remember so that I can get it out.

I am going to go and get some more wool this week though and might just start again.

pebbles2820 Guest

Thumbs up

Hey Annie, I've just emailed my address to you, I hope it's not too late, I've been busy the last couple of days- unfortunately my email was just returned, you must have already moved, sorry.

Nessa, I've received your squares, fantastic 1st effort, and sewn them to mine. I'm going to be posting progress photos on my website as everyones squares arrive so I'll let you know when I've posted the first one.

hang in there and keep on knitting girls, it really does get easier.

pebbles2820 Guest

I'm doing the knitting for friends babies thing at the mo too.

pebbles2820 Guest

Okay ladies, I've just posted a photo of Nessa and my squares sewn together on my website, link on my profile, to hopefully inspire the rest of you to finish your squares and send them to me.

pebbles2820 Guest

What's happening in the knitting world everyone, I'm back to my half finished jumper and blankets.

Hi Pebbles,
    We haev moved and the internet access has been very unreliable. can you try my email address again but put .au on the end. I always get mixed up with whether the yahoo addresses need a .au or not. managed to not lose my square inthe move.
    I started making one of those ear flap hats for my brother but found one on ozoption for $15 so took the lazy way out and bought him one!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast