Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Larger Families - September~February '06

Yvette - lmao @ your cats sitting under the high chair to catch the food!! I should teach our cats that trick I think!

Welcome Michele- wow on going for no.5, hope you have a H&H pg.

Yvette- LOL at Angus eating and the cats! I never used to mind much about the kids eating all over the house until we brought our nice lunge suite and then they were banned from the lounge.

Jessica is on day 4 of gastro, she is improving, starting to eat and having milk watered down, no vomiting today for the first time since it started on Weds, but 3 diarrea nappies and stinky farts which smell like she has diarrea. Jordan had gastro yesterday on her 11th bday, poor bugger, it was a terrible bday, with her vomiting all day! And she had her netball grand final today, luckily she felt better today but 3 other girls were also sick, one had to leave the court in the 1st quarter and that left them with 6 players, needless to say they lost, Jordan scored the 2 goals her team got. Joshua had to be dragged out to watch just after he started chucking. So the only one who hasn't had it yet is Jemma, and we are supposed to be going to a playcentre on Monday, so fingers crossed she will not get it and we make the play day!

I am absolutely exhausted myself, and school hols are just beginning! LOL, this seems to happen every holidays!

hope everyone else is healthier than my household!

Cheers michelle

hey everyone!!!
    Welcome to michelle,i hope you have a H&H pregnancy!!
    jan i am so very sorry to hear about your loss,i really hope you are holding up ok hun. ((((hugs))))
    Yvette,i think i posted a congrats in the other thread about the twins,but if i didnt,Congrats again!!!
    Michelle,sorry your kids have been sick,i hope they are feeling better now...
    Everything is improving here,dh and i have been working things out slowly and i think there was some communication breakdowns on both sides (not that that makes it alright for him to cheat!)
    i figure it is worth a try to fix,because i really do love him and with the 8 years we have been together,it is shame to end it if it can be fixed....
    We have been getting on lots better,and even talking about if we can sort things out properly that he would like to have another baby sometime,and i am pleased about that because i didnt want to never have another one...(it wont be happening for a while though,i have my hands full here now!!)
    Dominic is into everything,he is commando crawling flat out,and now has 6 teeth...
    jessica starts her new school tomorrow,and she is very excited,and Cat and Em are just the same as usual....
    i really must go now,i have to pick them up from school holiday daycare and i dont wanna be late....
    Catch up with you all soon,and thanks for all the support you have given me!!

HI Suzie- good luck with sorting things out. Hope Jessica's first day at her new school went well, I'm sure she'll be fine. How old are your other girls again? Dom has more teeth than Jess lol.

Hi everyone else, we are finally gastro free here thank god. had a fun day at the playcentre and am very tired lOL

Have a lovely day tomorrow.

Michelle

crockerclan Guest

Hi,

Michelle I am glad your family is getting over the gastro bug. I know how that feels my family went through this a couple of months ago. I had two come down with it on the same day and it was a nightmare, then a few days later another of my kids got it and he just got over it and then the last of my kids and I came down with it as well. My husband must have a cast iron stomach because he missed out.

School holidays have not started yet in NSW, they begin at the end of this week. My oldest two are looking forward in not going to school for two whole weeks. Melissa my daughter will not be happy as she still has to go to preschool and she wants to stay at home with the boys. This is the last time this happens because she starts school after the new year.

My pregnancy is going fine at the moment apart from being tired because I am waking up at all hours with cramps in my legs and having to get up to go to the toilet, but I have only seven weeks to go so these will soon be forgotten when I deliver this baby.

Michele
    Mother of Christopher, Luke, Melissa, Jayden and baby girl due in November

Hi Michele, good luck for the impending arrival of #5, I would love to keep going, but DH is dead against any more ( and I guess you have to quit sometime too hey, I could have 10, but money and housing are an issue IYKWIM)

Well Dion WAS better, but has started to cough again, am hoping its not bronchiolitis again ,they say that it can be chronic, til they are older when it can turn into asthma, well the twins have asthma, and DH and I both have sisters with chronic asthma issues.

Rianna had a great b'day, little smartie can blow out candles like a champion, am having a bbq on sunday for her b'day, but unlike you Michelle, only having a small do, just family so about 20 people.

I get sick of people telling me Ive got my hands full!!! they've been saying it ever since I had the twins WTF!!! I say nope, got my heart full though!!!

Mums at school always ask me if I have to get up at 6 to get us all ready !?? Do they not have organisational skills??? We get up at 7:30 and everyone is fed, dressed, hairbrushed in time! howz about ypou girls, do you find its easy if you're in aroutine?? We have a system that works fine and dandy.

Hi Michele
    Poor Melissa, it will be good for you to have most of the kids at school when bubs arrives, you are definitely at the hardest end of pg. 7 wks takes forever doesn't it? So will this be your last?

better go, I have been working all day on jessica's web site and mucking around with pictures uploading to shutterfly. If only my computer wasn't so slow it would have been done by now
    Cheers michelle

Vanita, w must have posted at the same time the other night. I too hear peoplesay stuff like I must be busy too, sometimes i think "No **** Sherlock" but I wouldn't say I feel that I am much busier than I was with 3! The thing is it's not like you have 4 babies! Your big girls don't need everything done for them, and if you start them off they prob do most things themself, as do my bigger 2! Sometimes i think people say things to have something to say IYKWIM! We get up on school mornings at 7.30 as well and that is really the earliest I get up.

I so hope Dion escapes the asthma, and also that he is better soon!

Cheers michelle

crockerclan Guest

Hi,

Melissa is going to be unbearable when she has to go to pre-school and the boys are not. I have already told her this is the last school holidays that she has to endure because next year she will start school.
    My father-in-law will be taking three of them to the movies when Melissa does not go to preschool, so she is happy about that.

Yes the last weeks of pregnancy do seem to drag and the baby seems to be getting heavier, I am also getting a lot of more cramps in my legs and feeling more tired, apart from that I am enjoying this pregnancy because I have hardly any heartburn. Heartburn was a nightmare in my other pregnancies. Whether I am having any more, not sure at the moment.

Vanita, People keep saying that as well, and I say "Yes I am busy but I enjoy what I am doing. I am routine in the morning when the kids at school. I am up at 6.30am, Kids up at 7.10am (sometimes I have trouble getting them up) Breakfast at 7.25am Kids dress after that. Lunches packed around 8.15am. They leave for school at 8.45am.

Michele
    Mother of Christopher, Luke, Melissa, Jayden and baby girl due in November

the earliest i get up is 7:30 too now,i was getting up at 6.45 to have to get Jess off to her old school on the bus but now we are all organised and leave by 8:20 in the morning,which gets us to school and creche on time everyday.....
    I dont find having 4 was any different to having 3 but the big jump for me was going from 2 to 3.....
    I havent noticed a lot of difference having Dominic either because my girls are pretty much old enough to do most things for themselves....The only trouble i had was with Emily,because she was the baby of the family and now things have changed since Dommie came along....
    The last weeks of pregnancy drag heaps for everyone...I was lucky enough to meet most of my babies 3 and 4 weeks early but it dragged in the first time when Catherine was 2 days overdue!!
    gotta go now,i will be back later though!!

crockerclan Guest

Hi,

I have been able to sleep in a bit this week as the kids are on holidays, I can not believe the first week has already gone with only one more week and then they are back at school for the last term of the year. This year is flying by. Soon Christmas will be upon us.

Only 5 and a half weeks to go to my due date. I think this baby will probably go over because all my pregnancies have got longer each time. I was three days overdue with Jayden my fourth, so we will see what happens with this one.

Michele
    Mother of Christopher, Luke, Melissa, Jayden and baby girl due on the 8th November

Hi girls
    Michele I hope it doesn't go too far over. I amso glad that our holidays are drawing to a close, The kids go back to school on Monday and I will be glad of the rest, but the yr has flown, and I am very uninspired in the xmas pres dept this yr. My MIL is going to the Mattel factory tomorrow and I couldn't think of a thing i wanted her to look for. I have started on some thing and Jemma is getting a very cool pram and a baby born. Jordan is getting a desk and chair and if Arron has his way a bike. joshua is getting the robot and as for Jess all I know so far is a ride on car cos she doesn't have one yet.

I hope everyone is well, I'm in a bit of a hurry so I will move along.

Cheers mi chelle

Michele glad you have been able to sleep in a little with the kids on school holidays....And i hope you arent pregnant for too far over your due date!!
    mitch We have only just started xmas shopping and have gotten the girls a bike and a helmet each so far (and Emily has an Elmo on layby,not sure which one)
    I have decided the kids have quite enough clothes this year,as i barely have room for them all now!!! I have to get something for Dominic though...Neil found a ride on car,and i would like to get the Ocean Wonders aquariam thing for him too....I wont be spending overly much on them though,as Neils parents will spoil them rotten too....
    Had some good news this week,i have been over paying radio rentals in the 3-4 yrs i have hired stuff off them and so now they owe me $1000!!!! Can you believe it?? i nearly died when he told me....
    Now i can pay my electricity and phone bills and also catch up on a few other things,as well as buy something for myself...(i reckon i will end up getting my membership here too,as i just havent had the money for it lately)
    I am so relieved though,because i lay awake at night wondering where i am going to get the money from to pay for everything sometimes!!!
    Talk to you all soon,hope you are all well!!!

That is good news Suzie, that sure doesn't happen too often! WIsh someone would find some money to give me atm.

School is back tomorrow! Yay, I am going to the HC and getting Jessica weighed which I am dreading cos I know she has lost weight ! Ah well can't be helped when she is sick. The way she's going she will never have her 12 mth injections and her prvenar.

We are looking for a 2nd hand fibreglass slide for the cubby Arron is building, and they are pretty dear, even 2nd hand.

Anyway hope everyone is well
    Michelle

crockerclan Guest

Hi,

It has been a blessing to be able to sleep in this week and the following week as my kids have another week of school holidays to go. I have to make the most of it because when they go back to school, It will be my last chance to get a good rest before the baby arrives.

Michelle, I hope your daughter gets better soon, and you are able to get the injections done.

With Christmas shopping, I have a lot of pressies already on layby at Kmart and Target. I went to their sales in July, knowing that I will not feel like shopping after the baby comes. I have nearly paid them off, all I have to do is pick them up when it comes closer to Christmas.

As far as my pregnancy goes, I go and get another check up tomorrow and hopefully everything will be fine and then I will be on weekly visits.

Michele
    Mother of Christopher, Luke, Melissa, Jayden and baby girl due on the 8th November

Hi Michele hope the appt goes well, you know the home stretchis in sight when your appt's become weekly. It's not mch fun trying to xmas shop with a new born so good on you for starting and almost finishing. I am thinking now that ours will also be getting bikes for xmas, looked at Josh's old bike and it is a bit of a joke really, way too small, and Jordan's is stuffed, I was going to give Jemma hers for her bday but if the other kids get one....and Jesssica was going to get some sort of ride on so if that is the case then they don't need to much more, just some stocking fillers really. Must finish before Arron tries to get involved, co he always bumps the price upLOL.

Jessica weighs 8.6kgs, down 140gms, so thats not too bad. SHe is on the small end of the scale, I guesss I just have to get used to that, I am little myself, so looks like she is going to be my build, gotta expect one out of 4 I guess.

I hope Penty and Lisa and Vanita and Susie and Yvette are all well, seems that it is hard for us to get in here, must be all those kids we have LOL

Cheers michelle

i had a reply all typed out and then my computer froze and i lost it lol
    I get in here a bit,but i dont always post because i hate feeling like i am talking to myself here lol
    xmas preparations are a pain,i love the actual season and stuff but hate the fact that there is so much work to be done....We have to start on our xmas lights display soon,and i am dreading that (though i love it when they are all up)
    i have chrisco coming this xmas though,so it makes it a little easier...
    I was thinking about moving again the other day...i love the street and the people in it,but the house is just too small now i want to put Dominic in a room of his own....I have found one i think i like but i have to go and have a look at it,and then i may not move anyway.....
    How many bedrooms does everyones houses have,and how do you cope (like where do the kids sleep and all)
    We have been seriously thinking about another baby,but it is just not an option unless we move(the two youngest girls wont go to sleep if they share a room)
    But i am sick of Neil and i not being able to make any noise or have any privacy anymore....
    gotta go and put Dom down for a nap soon!!!

Well I did all my kids xmas shopping in june at the toy sales, but still am paying off laybuys!!! As for other family and friends...haven't even started!! Oh and I know it will have to be done in the last few weeks before xmas...I LOVE xmas and was so excited to see all the decorations in the stores!!!My DH is a bah humbug right up until xmas day then he is like a little kid!

Suzie..We have 5 bedrooms and a study so we have plenty of room..plus all boys don't care who they share with!!! Good luck on whatever you decide...we had a small 3 bedroom home before we built and we were overflowing and I hated it!

Hope everyone is well also and I am currently still trying to change DH mind to try again for baby no.5...he said no after we had m/c last month. Af has returned after 34 days so at least I know things are ok there...

Jan xx

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast