Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Larger Families - September~February '06

Yay Yvette
    good to see you back, and I think bfeeding and typing wuld not be too easy (coming from a bfeeding failure LOL) How is the xmas prparations going?

Same question to everyone else too? It certainly isn't cheap with 4 kids I can say, and I am trying not to go overboard but it is very tough to get a good looking stash of pressies and not spend too much! Jemma is done, just gotta pick up 2 things for her. The others are almost done, the boy is proving to be the hardest to buy for and I keep having new ideas for Jordan who's 11 so that's a good thing, just gotta remember to write them down. I feel like I am constantly shopping or thinking abut it! LOL

Am off to Ikea on Friday, didn't get there last week due to rain and bad tyres on the car! Am on a mission to get Jordan a desk and chair for under $200.

I hope all is well, I think Michele must be holding her new bub, not that I am up with the births atm, I have been mia in all my forums as I am so flat out!

Cheers michelle

You guys are amazing.. you must be sooo organised... I can hardly even organise myself at the moment LOL...

But I must admit... your children will all grow up with soo much love around them... how could you not love having a big family...

crockerclan Guest

Hi,

Letting you know that Ashleigh Michele Crocker was born on the 3.11.05 at 12.59pm weighing 8 pound 2 ounces , height was 51cm, head size 35cm.

I was induced at 9.30am in the morning. I was 3cm then. The pain arrived at 11am and it was so intense that I fainted on the chair and they had to get me on the bed. My husband said that I went as white as a ghost. Anyway my obs came in and told me that I was 6cm dilated and he see me in a hour to deliver the baby. The next thing I knew was that I was ready to push and they had to hurry my obs back because I was not going to push until he arrived. The nurse wanted the baby out quick because my waters were stained with meconium so the baby was in some distress. My doctor came and help the baby's head through with his hand so the baby would come quicker.

Ashleigh was born with club talipes and is in plaster for the next couple of weeks. So I am only able to give her a bath once a week at the moment when the plaster comes of so it can be replaced.

Anyway I am missing being pregnant and I am already thinking about No.6 probably 12-18 months down the track.

Michele
    Mother of Christopher, Luke, Melissa, Jayden and Ashleigh(13 days old)

Congrats on Ashleigh's arrival Michele- lol at you already thinking of no.6, that was a vey quick birth. Ashleigh shares my Dh's bday! What exactly are the plasters for and is this a major or minor medical condition? Does the plaster get changed every week?

Again well done
    Michelle

crockerclan Guest

Hi,

The answer to the question is they say this is minor if they fix the problem when they are newborn. That is why the plaster is put on from birth. If they left it too late it could of meant surgery down the track, so we told them to go ahead and do the plastering, even though it meant we could only bath her once a week when her plaster comes off and it needs changing. I think it is worth in the end to sacrifice of not bathing her so they can get her feet straight.

We have problems with feeding at the moment. The paedaetrician thinks she has reflux and will need to be put on medication. I hope they can fix the problem because she screams on and off for 5 hours a day and the only way I can settle her is carrying her around.

Michele
    Mother of Christopher, Luke, Melissa, Jayden and Ashleigh(15 days old)

*Yvette* Guest

Hi Michelle V. Christmas preparations? Well, I've started a list & we've decided on the pre-cooked turkey again like we had last year which was really nice. And I've bought a box of icicle lights. I'll be making extra Irish cream this year to make sure I've got plenty to drink myself as well as to give away. And we're going to have to be VERY careful and imaginative with the presents.

Hi Mitch. Hope your pg is going well.

Michelle C, congratulations on the birth of Ashleigh. O I can relate to the induction making labour more painful! Great that plaster now can fix the problem with her feet, baths are not such a big deal. Thinking about number 6? Wow, I considered it during my pregnancy, but shortly after the birth I decided I've had enough babies. Maybe if I was younger.... Hope the reflux settles down for you, it's so tiring having to carry them around all day.

Got to get organized today for Lola's birthday, she's having friends sleep over tonight. I was going to get up early this morning, but the babies woke during the night & I'm tired & slept in. Just having my tea & breaky now.

Hey everyone,
    Just checking in here....We are fine here,very busy ATM,and i am in danger of losing my voice i think as the girls are being very naughty this afternoon.
    I cant even hear my self think!! lol
    Yvette,glad you and the family + new bubbies are going well..i have no idea how you cope with the youngest ones being so close together,i think i would go even more nuts than i am now lol
    Congrats Michele on the birth of your little Ashleigh....i can identify with the induction pain thing,i have been induced with 3/4 of mine...
    Sorry to hear about the club talipes though,i hope things improve quickly and she is better very soon...
    Wow you are thinking about no 6 already!! i have had thoughts about no 5,but some days it is so hard to cope with 4 that i dont think it is possible for me to manage any more....
    Hi Mitch,hope your pregnancy is going really well for you!!
    Michelle we have got quite a few things on layby for the kids,but havent picked them up yet...
    The main things we have are new bikes for the girls,and Dominic has a ride on bike thing that he can play with...
    We are getting Chrisco for the first time this year,so everything we need for xmas lunch and tea will be in there....
    i am looking forwards to xmas any way...
    Anyhow i betta go because it is time for tea here and the girls need to stop talking now....
    Take care everyone,and hope you are all well...

Great to hear from you Suzie. ikwym about thinking about no.5, Some days i really would dearly love one more, but most days I am glad to think that my time is done. Xmas shopping sounds like it's going along ok, I worked ou what I still need today and am feeling much less stressed.

Michele- so good to hear that Ashleighs legs will be all fixed with the use of the plaster, amazing how drs can do these things! Did yu have no clue to this bf Ashleigh was born? It isn't something they pick up in ultrasound? Not to worry about the baths but hope the reflux thing gets sorted out. How are the other kiddies going.

Yvette sounds like a yummy lunch for you guys. bugger about your car, saw that in the vic thread, why do these things always happen when we need every cent of money we can get?

Anyway I didn't go to Ikea, I am definitely going Monday! Just ebaying and washing for me today.

Cheers michelle

Hello everyone!

Just thought i'd stop in and take a bow to you all, i dont know how you all do it!
    One child suits me perfectly, I can't imagine i'll ever have more.
    I was making the beds the other morning while ashlea was putting her clothes away and I thought, how do people do all this house work and kid stuff and running around and social life x 3 or 4 or 5!!!
    I think its safe to say its Ashy and I against the world, no more kids in this family! I'm too selfish and love my own time too much
    You all do a fantastic job!!!

Hello ladies

I always forget to post in here..sometimes it still seems a little surreal thinking that we have 4 chilluns. I dont think it has sunk in yet...lol but we are all doing well. I will catch up on the posts and see how you are all going and promise to post in here more often.

Jo

crockerclan Guest

Hi,

Thank you for your best wishes.

Michelle, the answer to your question, no they can not pick it up on the ultrasound. The reason why her feet were turned inwards was the positioning of her during pregnancy. They think that she got her feet stuck because of lack of room. Everyone must think I am mad that I am considering going for No. 6 after just having No. 5. I miss being pregnant and her pregnancy was the best of the lot.

In regards to my other children, they are all fine. They are all enjoying little athletics and are doing well at it. Melissa has finished doing her four week orientation program at the boys school and she enjoyed it. She can not wait until she starts school next year. Now I have to go and get her school uniforms.

The boys are having a Carols night at their school on the 7th December. This should be good. The next day it is Melissa's and Jaydens preschool concert and Melissa's graduation from Preschool, so I have a busy couple of days coming up.

Regarding Christmas, I have laybys to get out shortly, I will get them out after the 1st of December. I have to concentrate in getting adults presents now.

Michele
    Mother of Christopher, Luke, Melissa, Jayden and Ashleigh(16 days old)
    '

Hi girls

Hi Jo nice to hear from you. how does your litttle man like being the only boy? LOL Bet the girls love him to bits, imagine when he's bigger!

Dee- you do what you have to do, iywnim! I guess the trick is organisation, but for the less organised among us...(must be talking about me LOL) You learn to delegate LOL. Jordan has made her own lunch for a long time and I don't clean bigger kids rooms, and they have to pitch in and help sometimes!.

Michele- it is so much harder to buy for bigger people, I think lots of people are getting vouchers from us, it's all just too hard! You sound like us in the busy dept, and another starting school, bet she's excited. i too love being pg, just finding the finances are dictating the decision, plus I am starting to see advantages in being finished with babies, no nappies, more cool thuings we can do ith the kids etc. How long do you think you would have bt 5 and 6?
    Well I went to Ikea today and I LOVE it, man I could go everyday! Or at least twice a week!LOL, got everything I wanted for more than half what I allowed so got qute a few extras, super shopping day.

have a good one tomorrow
    Michelle

Hello ladies

Michelle Sammy is absolutely doted on. The girls just love him especially my middle girl. Em, who is a little mother hen. She copies everything I do and calls him her little boy. He gets all excited when he sees the girls. How are all of your gorgeous little chilluns.

Other Michelle...lol...congrats on having little Ashleigh..and wow at thinking about number 6! I am absolutely at my limit. The idea of having a toddler with a baby again makes me soooo tired..lol.

Hi Suzie...ya know im spewing that we didnt get Chisco this year. I kept meaning to order it and just left it too late. Now im regretting it big time..oh well.

Well not much happening here. We had a very busy weekend but now all the girls and Sammy have been sick with a cold and cough so they all stayed home today. Ive been madly painting our caravan..one of those jobs i now wish id never started...ready to go away after new years.

Well someones just woken up so will talk soon

Jo

Hi Jo
    my kiddies are all good atm. Jordan is 11 going on 20 of course! Josh is always pushing the boundaries, it's a 6 yo boy thing, Jemma is starting terrible 2's at the end of them (she's 3 in Feb, and Jessica is giving me heart failure as she is a climber and always has her feet off the ground!

Our biggest stress atm is money! As is everyone's around xmas tinme. I need about $2000 by xmas and everything is falling apart, the boat broke doen and now Arron's work van too, prob ned a new motor after xmas. All too much at this time of yr. i know we'll get by but it is stressful.

cheers michelle

Aaaawww Michelle..it doesnt rain..it pours...sorry to hear you are having money hassles. Christmas is stressful enough without added things making it harder for you. I hope the money fairy blesses you. Jess is like Jordan..lol. I have been getting a lot of eye rolling lately. Im starting to dread the next few years with her. Good thinking on having a 5 year gap from first to second child. That way when Jordan is coming out of her teenage spell Josh will just be starting. I dont know what we were thinking..Haha with a two two and two year gap..sigh. 8-[

Well i can hear a little man stirring

Jo

crockerclan Guest

Hi,

Michelle, sorry to hear that you are having problems with money. This time of year is stressful enough without everything breaking down. I know all my bills are due soon as well as getting layby's out for Christmas.
    I am considering getting gift vouchers for some of the adults, that way it is a lot easier than trying to figure out what to buy them. Regarding when I am trying for number 6, it probably won't be until bubs is twelve months old, give my body time to heal before going again.

Jo, sorry to hear the kids are sick with colds. I hope they get over their colds soon.

Regarding the kids, Luke my 9 year old is having swimming lessons with the school for the next two weeks. Melissa and Jayden are preparing for their pre-school concert, where Melissa will have her graduation from preschool. My mother might be coming up from Sydney for Melissa's graduation, will know for sure shortly.

The clinic nurse is coming tomorrow for a visit at home to check Ashleigh out. With the reflux and wind we are having problems getting her to sleep. Hopefully the clinic nurse can help out there.

Michele
    Mother of Christopher, Luke, Melissa, Jayden and Ashleigh(19 days old)

LOL Jo at the planning thing! Teenagers are harder than littlies that's for sure. I am glad we get to work our 1st one out before the 2nd one is upon us! Not looking forward to when Jemma and Jessica are teens though, they are 19 mths apart! I think that is also part of not continuing to produce, have to be able to be on my toes for Jordan's teensLOL

Michele hope the MCHN visit went well. How are Ashleigh's feet coming along, and how are you coping with the lack of sleep? The 1st 6 weeks or so are so hard, you forget until you are doing it again. We were spoilt with Jemma she was sleeping through at 3wks and I was very eager to get pg again. Jess was still awake in the night at 3 wks and I was very sad, I guess i just expected her to sleep through early too and of course they are all different. Hope the reflux gets sorted soon!
    Sounds like you are all busy too this next few weeks, and having a newborn make it just that bit harder. Jess was 2 mths old at this time last yr and I do remember being flat out!

ANyway not much happening, Arron made enmough money today to cover the bills so that is one stress off our mind. I am out to lunch with a gf (at her house) tomorrow, which will be nice. Josh finishes swimming with the school on thursadye and I have promised him I will be there so I may go shopping on Friday! Life is just one big shopping trip latelyu LOL

Cheer smichelle

crockerclan Guest

Hi everyone,

How is everyone's Christmas shopping going? I still have to get out and get more shopping but at the moment with handling a newborn I am just not into Christmas and finding it hard to get out and do the remaining shopping. Hoping I will get out shortly and do it.

Regarding Ashleigh' s feet, They are still in plasters. The right foot was out of plaster for a couple of weeks but now is back in plaster because it is starting to turn in again. The right foot is still to tight and she could still be in plaster at Christmas. Regarding her feeding, she is a reflux baby and is on zantac for it. We are also on the reflux formula but I have been told to change by her paedaetrician because she is still unsettled.

Regarding the other kids, they are all fine. The kids can not wait until school finishes so they can sleep in, neither can I for that fact.

I am hoping everyone's family is fine.

Michele
    Mother of Christopher, Luke, Melissa, Jayden and Ashleigh(3 weeks old)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast