Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Larger Families ~ July 2006

Hi girls........can i gate crash here........nat you got me thinking of posting here.

mum to 6 step mum to 2
    joshua he passed away from sids at 2 months, he would be 15, jessica 14,sean 11,timothy 10, nicole 9, caitlyn 5 months, step kids neil 11, rebecca9........i had my tubes reversed when i remarried and since i had caitlyn, not sure if we aretrying again, as i just had a chemical pregnancy, but we did want 2 close together, have to talk to hubby ( craig) about that, i sometimes can be a slack ars poster, so i will apoligise now LOL
    HOPE TO GET TO KNOW YOU ALL A BIT MORE IN THE COMING MONTHS
    chrissy

Welcome sweet. You'll love it here. I think we're erratic posters though. Every hour for a couple of days then nothing for a few weeks, LOL.

Mitch, can you tell me more about your point system? I need something like that.

Hi Jo and Dee and Jan and everyone else. Glad everyone seems to be traveeling well

Welcome Chrissy! As larger families we often have very little time to post, so you will fit in fine lol

I made a timetable first. So the things I want them to do have been given times eg before school Make bed, 4.30 homework, 5.50 set table 6.25 clear table, 6.30-7.30 showers , 7.30- 8pm clean room, 8pm brush teeth, 8-8.30pm tidy house/read then bed depending on which child it is. I also allotted days to The older 2 for dishwasher and clearing and setting the table. These are all written on a chart for them to look at.
    Thwn each child has a sheet which has their indvidual jobs and how much they are worth. So some jobs are worth 1 pt, some 2 some 3 etc. I chose the value according to how hard the job is. then I have the extra point section for the things I ask them to do that are not their jobs, like Jordan and the clothes line, bins etc. I can email you the file of the sheets the kids have if you like. Just so you can see what I did. Josh still has a clean room andthough h has earnt a few less points this past few days it is still working.

Been running around as usual, lunch out on Monday, the day out today buying ribbon and stuff. a million tonnes of washing and the usual house work. Feeling very tired and hot too back to hot here in melbourne.

hope you are all well

I'd really appreciate it hun if you could do that. My email addy is [email protected] It sounds like a great plan. And I hear you on the washing, LOL.

have sent it through Nat

Hi Chrissy!!

thanks for the welcome girls, well im figuring everyone is so busy with all the kids so no time to post......

just wanted to say everyone have a great weekend

Hi Chrissy,
    it does get a bit quiet in here at times Huh?
    I'm slack & often forget.
    We are hoping to have a working bee at our house this week end, LOL!! Like that's gonna happen.

Who are you inviting to help in the working bee storm? Hope you get somehting done.

HA just the kids ! Bet they all have something better to do.
    This place has gotten so tatty these past few months, it's a shame, I told them that it's time for us all to pitch in & fix it up. They all just looked at me, like I was an alien!

im another one that's gonna shift her big butt in here and squash in. Hope thats alright although I dont think I have enough kids yet PMSL
    We still dont know if we will have 4 or 5, u/s this afternoon will confirm (we hope) how many. Hoping for just one more, if its 2 then well Jed's just gonna have to renovate again. heheheh.
    Atleast I get to post in with osme girls that I dont get a chance to chat to, too often, Nat and Storm and Chrissy.
    thanks chickens
    xxmaz

tiggy Guest

Hey Maz!

Welcome, welcome!
    When is your scan? Fingers crossed for two from my end, then you can get the twins thread shaking as well!! LOL

omg tiggy behave yourself PMSL - your here too...YAY. Scan is at 4.30 vic time and pooing panties as I type this

Am I just dreaming, or are there children out there who actually do like helping and pitching in? I'm just wondering if I'm hanging out on too many American blogs where the big family thing just seems to so come together for them? And the kids "love hanging out with thier dad and cleaning the car" etc etc.

You're just dreaming Nickel, rofl.

I'm hoping for twins as well Maz. Good luck with the scan today.

Well girls, I haven't posted this anywhere else because I don't really feel comfortable but I'm feeling clucky. And I mean clucky. Zain's only 6 and a half months old, but I can't help it. Am I terribly greedy if I go again? I feel like there are still babies out there waiting for me, lol. The only thing is DH has an absolute phobia about the number 8 so its either going to have to be twins or not my last pg if I go again.

I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud. Maybe I should try fostering. Tiff, how do you find it?

OH Nat - come and join the up the duff club again honey and I know exactly how you feel. Jed has said this one if defently the last but hmmm I would love another but really when do you stop???
    Oh jed's home going for me scan
    MAUW to all

how did you go maz?
    your babies will be the same age gap as mine.
    nikki

HI Maz!! How did the scan go?

Nat, what's 1 or 2 more? I feel the same way as you mate.

Hi to everybody!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast