123412 ...

thread: Long Term Assisted Conception 2009 #2

Sep 2008
    Sydney

BDT: Saw your post only now - this is great, a big step forward.

and to everyone else in this thread

Sara

Sep 2006
    Sydney

Baby Dreamtime that is fantastic news and i TOTALLY understand where you are coming from and believe it is definately a great sign. Similar thing happened to me with my first IVF cycle, after a bleed there was HCG present in my BT and i felt exactly the same as you. Its that feeling that it can happen, that it WILL happen! So well done

Saph i personally, and hopefully you wont even have to worry about it, but i would move on to the next step. For the moment though, dont even think about it, cross that bridge if you get to it. I hope that the sore throat and being under the weather really does help you get your BFP

Samandpoppy DH and i went to a fortune teller in December last year for the first time and she totally blew us away with the things she said. Things that only DH and i knew about that we had never told anyone and she knew it all. She also told us that we will have two children and that she could see me pregnant in 2009, and that it would be a 2010 baby and seeing as i havent gotten pregnant to date, there is no chance it will be a 2009 baby so fingers crossed she is right and i will at least be pregnany this year with my 'twenty-ten' bub! As for the day 3 or blasty transfer, this comes down to personal opinion. They do say that an emby has a better chance inside your body but at the same time they also say that if it doesnt make it to blasty stage outside your body, it wouldnt have made it inside you either. Its a real catch 22.

Had my BT yesterday and was told to start Orgalutran today and back tomorrow for another BT and also U/S this time. I didnt ask what the E2 levels were but im sure they are on their way up if i have had to start Orgalutran.

Hope everyone is having a great day

Jan 2009
    Melbourne

Hey grrrls - well the long and the short of it was the fortune teller told me to take a break as I am the one causing the tension in my house!!! A bit upsetting to hear, but right on the money. She also said "is your son here yet". So that was pretty good.

So have decided to have a break for 3 months, and get back to appreciating what I have. What with my Mum having surgery next week, a kidney out no less, Dad with Alzehiemers, DH having a stomach complaint as yet undiagnosed, just a cold for me and DD, plus everything else, its a bit much going into a cyce and my mind set wasn't good. I just didn't think it would work.

So I have felt very sad yesterday and today, as stuff I have been holding came up, and am going to see the IVF councellor tomorrow (another tip from the fortune teller) to get it all out, so I can have a good rest and come back fresh. My friend who is 43 and an inspiration, had her boy yesterday, went to see him today. So little!!!

I could have cried a river with delight, sadness, relief that he is here safely, etc etc.

Cancelling all my appointments, IVF, AP, np, and no pills or potions for a little while.

Good luck to you all, will pop in now and then.

Sam

Sep 2006
    Sydney

Sam i hope that this break really does do you some good. Seems like you do have a bit going on so its probably for the best. Wish you well and cant wait to see you back when you are ready to jump back into this crazy journey.

Had my BT and scan this morning. Haven't had the call back yet with results but im thinking the scan wasn't good. There were 10 or so follies on each side around the 9-10mm mark and one big cyst on the left ovary measuring around 33mm So im not sure what they are planning to do with me. Im a little concerned and just hanging out for the call.

Mar 2007
    Sydney

Just checking in on my fellow musketeer Paula, I hope you get some good news after your scan today...have everything crossed for you

Sep 2006
    Sydney

Awww thanks Nicole

Nurse called. Have been told to up my dose to 175 and back on Monday for BT and U/S. Keeping fingers crossed for this cycle

barney Guest

PAULA..
    all will be ok hun them follies just need to do some extra growing ,i have every thing crossed for you .

BellyBelly Member

Feb 2008
    Perth

Mine to Paula, E2 has again gone down to 397 and Lh at 8. Scan showed 3 on left 1x10, 2x8mm and one on right at 9mm. More bloods on monday, feeling a little disappointed right now was hoping the levels were going up. Oh well keep jabbing away. Hoping everyone else is doing well.

barney Guest

SAPH..grow little follies

Mar 2007
    Sydney

Great news Paula, have my fingers and toes crossed for you
    Best of luck for Monday

Random Act of Kindness Recipient
    Add Baby Dreamtime on Facebook

Jul 2008
    Gold Coast

Just dropping in to say hi to everyone.
    Paula and Saph, GL with your jabbing, I hope those follies get a wriggle on.

Paula, I noticed they upped your dose from 125 to 175. What day were you on when they did this? Just out of curiosity and assuming you have done down reg cycles in the past, what dose were you on for down reg? If I am to try antagonist again next cycle, I want to make sure I am on the right dose. I had assumed (and my FS was being cautious) that I would respond quicker on antagonist, so had reduced my dose to 75. On down reg my perfect dose is 100. If this all makes sense just wanted your opinion as to whether the FSH dose should be the same/whether you got the same response, regardless of whether you did a down reg or antagonist. I hope this makes sense.

Hi to Sara, Smithy, Julie, WLAB, Lulu, Samandpoppy & Nicole. Thanks so much for your words of encouragement. I have almost convinced myself that it was probably the trigger, but still feeling a little hopeful. Just now waiting for AF and a day 2 scan to see if I am right to go again. I have to say that this has tested the very ends of my patience, it seems all I do is wait wait wait, I know you can all understand.

Big hugs to all x
    Last edited by Baby Dreamtime; April 26th, 2009 at 09:42 AM.

BellyBelly Member

Feb 2008
    Perth

Hi all just a quick question regarding puregon needles and bruising. I have always had the little yellow bruises from the needles but this time I have recieved two big black bruises about the size of a lemon. First one was when i was in Melbourne and I felt pretty bad that day, Dizzy and off colour. Today I have got another one with only a little over 25iu as It was the last of the vile (hate to waste). Has anyone else experienced this, should I be showing the nurse at bloods tomorrow. Bit concerned that there is something else going on as really not reponding well this time with E2 not going up how it should be.

barney Guest

saph ,yes hun i have heard of this and a lot on bb.
    if i remember correctly BW did the same thing and so did someone else .
    i think its little burst blood vesels ??
    ill go have a look BRB OK I FOUND THIS PIC OF BW DOES IT LOOK LIKE THIS ??

https://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums...php?photo=2682

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LiamsMommy31905
    Hi Poet -

I know you said it bruised...but is it a deep purple color? You may have nicked a capillary while injecting yourself. Capillaries 'live' near the surface of the skin which makes it quite possible to nick while doing a sub-q. That happened to me as well, except the hard bump was the size of a small pea. I agree with naturalmom - ice it and rotate injection sites tonight.

Hope your bump gets better soon!

Thanks Leah. Yeah it is a horrible deep deep purple. It's still swollen but not as big as last night. I figured I had to have nicked something, it was so severe a reaction. Thanks for clarifying. Hopefully it doesn't happen again

im no dr hunny but just trying to help xxoo

BellyBelly Member

Feb 2008
    Perth

Smithy thankyou so much for the help, Mine look exactly like BW's photos. Running out of not bruised skin to inject into. Will just show the nurse tomorrow as this has never happened before and this cycle I have two.

Aug 2006
    Melbourne

GL saph! it can be a pain when you cant find any skin to inject into! Hope the nurses will help you with your level question x

Sep 2008

Oh those bruises bring back memories

Loula, hun, your ticker has changed, did you just go through another cycle ?

Hi to Smithy, BDT and Paula, and everyone of you lovely ladies

barney Guest

to you to gorg,your ticker has changed too hehehe
    and to all my lovelies

BellyBelly Member

Feb 2008
    Perth

Well bloods are back E2 has again gone down to 355 so upped puregon to 125 I am so over this cycle.

FS told me to lose weight and I would need less drugs and wou;d respond better. So why after loosing 11kg have i gone up in dosage above what I have ever had before. Has anyone ever had cycles that just didn't work for no reason at all? Not like I havent done exactly the same thing before.

Have more bloods on wed. Talked to nurse about bruising she couldn't explain it and she talked to FS about it he didn't seem interested and have told me to start injecting in my legs. I personally think that it is because I have lost weight so there is less fat and i am closer to the veins. LOL.

Sorry for the rambling vent. Have a babysitter tomorrow and I am going to enjoy a relaxing day of scrapbooking with my best friend, I am sure she will cheer me up.

123412 ...