Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception 2009 #2

Saph - I'm so sorry about the cancellation. Having been there before, I know how disappointing it is - esp having gone thru almost all of the drugs for nothing. Take care of you...and hope to see you back soon.

Paula - goodluck for tomorrow honey...I hope that get a great batch..

Hi all you other lovelies....hope you all have a great weekend..

barney Guest

for you tomorrow paula ..
    saph, oh darlin im sorry,stay strong hun ..you can do this mwah xxoo
    lulu..a big hello hunny
    babydream.. also a big hello
    hello to all i hope every thing is ok
    afm.. its finaly may ..im excited and af is due on the 10th im slowly getting there

YAY Smithy - not long to go now... you've been such a patient little girl..

barney Guest

oh thanks hun ,
    truely im jumping out of my own skin at the moment ssooo nervous but ready i think lol.. i was going to keep this fet a big secret from mum and the girls but had to crack last night and just tell someone,so told mum lol im terrible at keeping secrets.

Paula, best of luck for tomorrow have everything crossed for you.
    BTW it is great when DH is with you so having a local is fantastic.
    Rest up over the weekend and can't wait to hear how things go

Smithy, Woo Hoo it's the first of MAY...bring on your FET

Best of luck Paula - Jasmine and I are cheering you on from the sidelines! xxx

Saph - I'm very sorry about the cancellation. I've had a cycle canceled after pick-up (3 eggs, no fertilization) and another canceled before pick-up so I completely understand how disappointing this is...

About dosage - it's my understanding that the FS want to keep the dosage as low as possible because higher doses can play with egg quality. They are playing a balancing act of getting enough good quality eggs - fewer good quality are better than lots of mediocre quality....and this is from someone who is on 450 of Gonal F because I don't get much from less. If I thought I could get away with less, I certainly would push for that (so I'm on the other side of the fence).

hello to all you other lovely ladies....

Hello ladies,

Thanks for all your lovely words and for Nicole and Janie for popping in. EPU went well on Saturday. Totally new experience as never been awake for the procedure, very interesting.

We got 5 eggs. Call yesterday confirmed that 1 was immature and 1 didnt fertilise so we have 3 embies fighting it out. Will get another call tomorrow to let me know how they are going at day 3. ET will be on Thursday so now just looking forward to that.

Smithy, yay its May and now bring on the 10th! Lookig forward to following your FET journey.

Big hello to everyone else, hope you are all travelling along nicely.

barney Guest

oh paula,darlin well done on the 3 little embies.ill be ing hard for them but im sure they ll be fighters just like you hun .
    GROW PAULAS LITTLE EMBIES...

Well done Paula, looking forward to hearing more report tomorrow and hope all 3 are growing strong...

Well done Paula, I have been waiting in the wings, to see how you went .. Looking forward to your next step

Good news Paula...very much hoping you keep getting great news this week..all the best sweetie..

Well done Paula
    You have three great embies growing for you and your DH.
    Can't wait to hear your update tomorrow

Paula - that's a great result! I have wondered about doing the retrieval conscious because I really don't like waiting around in the recovery area. Did you ask your FS about this (I'm sorry if I missed this earlier)? did it hurt? did you worry about moving at the "wrong" time?

Day 3 report shows that two of the embies are 7 cells and one embie is at 6 cells. Will get a call from the nurses tomorrow to let me know what time i am booked in for transfer on Thursday. So i am happy with that so far. The only thing that has been playing on my mind all morning now is, should i ask to have 2 embies tranfered or just go with the 1? I have been doing so many searches on the net but still dont know what to do. Will have to do a search of the BB forums. Anyone want to give their opinions?

Buliej all my previous cycles were with another clinic and they only gave you the option of general anaesthetic but with my new clinic they usually do it with just a local. They also give you some fluid that makes you woozey which i found to be the yuckiest. The procedure itself was not painful at all. Its after, when you are in recovery that you feel the cramps etc. I was actually amazed at how quick the procedure was. You also get to see one screen with your ovaries and the FS draining the follicles and you get to see another screen which shows what the scientist is seeing through their microscope (the eggs). All in all it wasnt such a bad experience. Oh and it was great to share it with DH.

Paula, glad your embies are going well, and dividing nicely, looks like your going for a day 5 transfer, I have always requested two embryo's to be transfered, I did read a thread on BB the other day, where a BB gal, had a blastie transfered and it divided, resulting in identical twins. Imagine ...

Hi to everyone, I am not sure if any one else is cycling in here atm, so it looks like I will be on my own after ET on Thursday for Paula

I have started stims today for our 4th cycle, going for 1/2 of the puregon dose, we have used in the past, as my epu numbers are great, my eggs, it seems, may not like the stims, along with another unmentionable little problem, so hopefully this will do the trick, and this approach "of helping nature along" may work.

wouldloveabubba woohoo on getting started! Lets hope its 4th time lucky. Ill still be popping in to see how you go and cheering you along. Lets hope its 4th time lucky for the both of us!

Big cheers for your embies Paula
    Everthing sounds great for a day 5 transfer!!
    As for how many to transfer what does your FS advise?

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast