Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception ~ April 2006 #2

I have no words Keen. None

OH NO Keen What a bugger Cyber Hugs to you mate

Oh Keen - how unfair. :hugs:

Sal Guest

Keen, I am so very very sorry. I wish there was something I could do or say to make you feel better, but there isn't. You and your DH please take care of yourselves.

Thanks every one of you. Really cant tell you how much your support helps.

Truth is Im a little shocked. I guess I had hoped this would be it. I mean they say because we are relatively young and there are no apparent reasons we should have a 50% chance of conceiving on the first cycle! I think Im really going to drag their stats down...

Anyway, have to decide what is next. I am at the moment feeling very hopeless...

Hi Keen
    Don't worry too much about their stats - as you would say 'stats shmats'!
    Yes, it's normal to feel the situation is hopeless when an unsuccessful attempt slaps you in the face yet again. But, you're not hopeless.
    The whole IVF journey has no rhyme nor reason and it's just plain unfair. All the more frustrating when there is no 'reason' - you stim well (if not too well in the past), fert rate is good, embies are good, it's just that bloomin' last step of implantation. It's too hard to take. But, as you've mentioned, you guys are relatively young so have time to work out why it's going pear shaped. I know that's absolutely no comfort to you at the moment but maybe try to remember that when the miseries hit - you have youth on your side.
    I will PM some info you may find interesting. You may feel it's too soon at the moment to take it in, but save it somewhere for later investigations.
    Take care of your heart.
    Sue

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Keen - I am so sorry

tiggy Guest

Keen, hunny, I'm so sorry.

Keen,

As per usual Aunty Suziq has hit the nail on the head.... take some time to get your head together... if you feel like crying, cry... if you want to scream do so... Time my sweet is the only healer in this situation. Follow your heart and keep your head high....

Love Leis xx

Keen, what a shame about the results. It is a kick when they say 'everything looks right' but it's just not happening. Do you have a lot of communication with your Dr/nurses to discuss things. After last cycle (m/c) I lost it when I went in for my Anti-D (rhesus factor) & a nurse sat with me & then we looked over my file. It felt good to have a good look & suggestions made. I feel I am at a good clinic, very understanding. I hope you get the same support from your clinic.

My BT yesterday finally showed some stim action so I now have a BT & u/s on Monday to see how many follies I'm growing. I've got a bit of a bad feeling that I might not have many since my stimming started off slow. Just have to wait & see.
    Also am getting anxious about the PGD already. I think I want to go into the clinic when the results come in rather than get it over the phone. I thought it might help to get the details at the same time. I'm starting to gather some questions already.

Hope you are all having a good weekend.
    Take care

Keen, and :flower:

Tam, that's so right, you really need to have a good relationship with your doctor and clinic.
    As has been said before, it only takes one good egg, so don't worry about numbers.
    I've never had PGD but all I can say I suppose is just try to take one step at a time and don't get yourself into a tizz worrying. I think going in to get the results is an excellent idea and you can never ask too many questions =D>
    Good luck tomorrow, will be waiting to see how you go.
    Keen, hope you're taking care of you. :flower:
    Take care
    Sue

ann Guest

Keen.
    I know at times like these there are no words that can help, but just knowing that there are many of us that know exactly what you are going through. Our love and wishes are always there for you. Take the time if you need it, just to get your head around things. (God knows we have all done it in the past)

Well for me, I've had the bloody flu for the past week, have just ventured out of bed today. My GF has just come down to have her baby (a boy on Friday) and I can't even go and see her.

I start jabbing on the 6/5, something I'm looking forward to (?), at least we'll be doing something.

Hope everyone is taking care.

Luv Ann

Keen- I am soo sorry honey. I truly prayed that this time was the one for you. I am sending you so many hugs. Please look after yourself and we are all here if you need us.

Keen - I'm soooo sorry, I had everything crossed that this would be your turn............ I'm thinking of you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Alicia xxoo

Hey guys, enough about me hey. Lets look at the girls in here who are our next big hopes.... Tam good to hear things have started happening and Ann you are not far from the stim.

In response to those who asked about my clinic - well, pretty much they suck. They practically refuse to give results and as the clinic and doctor are two separate offices on opposite sides of town, you can hardly speak to doctor and nurses and they dont have any answers anyway. They basically just say, it hasnt worked, when do you want to go again? DH is very much over them and if I had another option where I live I would go elsewhere....

And that is all about me for a while.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Keen,

you will be a mum, I know you will be. I'm so sorry that this cycle wasn't the one for you.

love
    sushee

Keen, I know you said enough about you, but...
    I know the travelling is a pain in the ar$e, but could you change to a clinic in Sydney? It is doable, I did it between CC and Sydney and CC is probably about the same distance away as SC. I used to have my BTs done at my doctor's surgery and it was couriered down (labmailers it was called). They used to courier my meds to me. Obviously, that was in 1995 - 1997 but surely it must be possible somehow? There would have to be a better way, one clinic shouldn't be allowed to have the monopoly in an area these days.
    How do ladies living in remote areas do it - can't possibly be expected to travel to the clinic for every BT/US surely?
    I know who you're with and I was originally with them, they don't sound like they want to 'investigate' things, just hand over a few more $$ please! You don't sound happy with them either and that's so important.
    Shutting up now.
    Take care
    Sue

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast