Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception ~ April 2006 #2

Hi girls
    To Ann and Chele - happy cycling together!
    Kar, those 8 weeks will fly by. Yes, I'm still looking for someone to do the Greek Islands in September but, I'm hoping it won't be you as you'll be pg IYKWIM.
    Hi Leis, your friend sounds like a good one, definitely understanding of what you're going through. Sorry, I've never been a birthing partner so can't help with that one.
    Tam, it sounds like things are moving along at a nice pace (Synarel sux). So many factors involved in all this, not just the tests, procedures, emotional highs and lows but on top of all that there's the logistics of making it all happen! Good luck tomorrow, hope those follies are ripe for the picking on Friday, I too think it's freaky you had the same result as Leis...
    How you doing Keen? Silly question I guess
    Hi to everyone else, I'm off to the lounge...
    Sue

Leis - it's hard when close friends get pg around you. I have been a birth partner - I was 35 and had just started going out with DH.

Actually I was one of a whole brigade of people that my friend (who had got pg on a 1 night stand (Hmmmph!) after breaking up with her rather unreliable lover) had lined up in a semi panic about being single. At 38 she had decided that her labour would be nightmare material and she expected she would need shifts of support people over 24hours. I seemed to be the only one with any common sense however because when I arrived at 3pm I found her having contractions about 3 minutes apart and still talking right through them! (She can talk under wet cement). After I drove her to the other side of Canberra (mostly at 120kph in bus lanes with hazard lights on) we got to the birthing centre. By that stage she was in transition and bawling for her mother (who she had not invited to be there and who was stuck in Sydney). The whole thing was over by 7.45pm but I stayed the night and helped out. I would do it again any day even with no children on my own.

I was completely exhausted, and very dehydrated, forgot to drink water myself while making sure my friend remained hydrated. The reality is that the midwives do most things, I just talked to her, got her water and was ready with the pooper scooper (sorry TMI) for the bath, and got on the phone to get her mum to Canberra and to let other people know the news. I got to hold bub for a few hours while mum grabbed a bit of sleep early the next morning which was nice.

And I have a very strong bond with the little girl. She seemed to know that I was there when she was born.

So I'm not sure if that is any help to you Leis. It demystified birth for me and made me less afraid of it. But I kind of landed in the role accidently and I can understand where you might have some reservations!

Leis - I have been a birth partner, although was when I was about 21 and hadnt started down the path for a baby of my own at that stage. It was a long labour starting at about 2am with waters breaking and the bubs being born some 14 hours later.

It was exhausting, harrowing, and scary but I would do it again if I was asked. Even now.

If you were to do it, two things- take some food and at least another change of clothes! I stood in the shower holding the water on her back for hours saturated through!

Girls thanks for the advice, Kar, i think what you did was so fantastic, and I have made up my mind that yes i want to be there for Jen, the only problem being is that i am not due to have christmas off this year, so i am unsure about what to do???? I guess being Jens first she will probably be in labour for quiet sometime, so maybe i will have time to drive the 3.5 hours to Sydney to get there. She to refuses to have her baby at the local hospital like myself and make the pilgramage to Sydney....LOL!!!

Only 2 weeks until my BIG op..... i don't know how i feel, i know by about 4 days post op i will be feeling super, but at the moment, i don't know if i am nervous or looking forward to the 2.5 hours of anaesthetic sleep... love being in 'limbo land'..................

:wave: to everyone!!!

Love Leis xx

hello to everyone!

Marg, Tam, Anne and Chele- Baby dust baby dust baby dust.

Kar- No I have not had a chance to track down the book yet. I have been to busy with school holidays birthdays ect. To go to the shops it has to be a planned visit as I we only have one car. So Tomorrow is the plan. I am so looking forward to " getting out". I am still only half way though " the child within" But to be honest I have not really found it to be that helpful yet. The first chapter put me in depression for a month. I am determine to finish it though.

Leis- I was a birthing partner for my sister. Water, food, change of clothes and a charged Mobile phone is what you need. ( everything that has already been mentioned) I have an incredible strong bond with my nephew and am also his god mother. I was at the time TTC with my ex DP. To be honest I know I had monents where I thought to my self 'this will be me soon" but for the main part of it all I was really into the whole birth process. Just know that it will someway bring up some "thoughts" to you, but in the end I really dont think you will regrete it.

Sue- Hope you are enjoying time at home resting. I am hoping for rain too. only as our tanks really need it! But according to the weather reports no rain is due this week. Still you deserve a break so dont feel gulity at all.

Everyone else that I have not mentioned, I hope you are having a great week.

Ooh its so quiet in here this morning....
    where is everyone?

Boo!
    I've been hopping around Bi-Lo, needed some essentials then on to the chemist for a calcium supplement. This will sound so paranoid 8-[ but I do feel bad not being at work and almost felt like I had to make the limp more pronounced in case someone saw me and complained about me being able to push a shopping trolley. Actually, it was liking having a giant walker and was a big help. Never mind that it took me twice as long!
    Good luck today Tam, hope your US shows those follies continuing to thrive in readiness for a Friday pickup.
    Leis, I reckon focus on the big sleep. You're an old hand at ops now. Will this be the last one?
    Vicki, yes I really want some rain but I can't get out in the garden anyway!
    How's the research going Kar and Keen?
    Hi to Blue, Chele, Ann, Bee and everyone else, I'm sure I've forgotten someone.
    Ciao for now girls

Hi Girls,

Hope you dont mind, thought I would pop in and say hi as I wil be cycling soon starting our 4th FET cycle.
    Looking forward to getting to know you.

Shazz.
    xx

Welcome Shazz
    You should feel right at home amongst us LTAC types. Good luck for FET #4. When do you expect to have the FET? I'll be FETing again in late June.

Hi Shazz, pull up a pew - but don't get too comfy IYKWIM...
    I just read your story in your other thread - so sorry for your losses.
    The LTAC journey is such a cr*ppy one, but you'll find lots of understanding, advice and a few laughs along the way in here.
    Good luck, I hope it all works out for you this time.
    Sue

Shazz welcome on board, sorry for your loss, of Chloe Jade.... I am sure you will be onto the preggie side of the forum soon....

Suziq... LOL at the giant walker, but i know what you mean, i had to do the same thing when i fell over on my leg and twisted my ankle...yes my dear this is it.. final finale finito operation for me... they weren't going to take the endo off the bowel, but it would of still limited our natural conception rate, to 4 percent, but once it is gone our rate will increase by 40-70 percent natural conception..I told the surgeon i wanted it out no ums or ahs i want it gone!!!

The next time i want to be in hospital as a patient is only to give birth, and even then i don't plan on staying long!!!

:sleeping: the big limbo land sleep i am looking forwar to but not the post op ....

love leis xx

Time for another group tantrum girls, check out this thread for more details....

Thankyou so much for the welcome girls, was so hoping we wouldn't have to go down this road again but at least I'll have good company!!

Kar, we are waiting for my final lot of blood tests from the m/c to come back and then we'll start our FET. Af is due in about a week and a bit so hoping the tests will be back by then. I'll be doing my first natural cycle.
    Good luck.

Shazz.
    xx

Hi everyone - finally got back in here after getting bad gateway messages all morning.

Shazz - sounds like you could be a bit ahead of me - but you never know!

Tam, Chele, Marg and Ann - updates please!

Sue - LOL - walking frame picture...

Daisy - havent heard of child within - sound like I need to stay away from that one.

Leis - do you suffer from much memory loss or forgetfulness when you go for big sleeps? I am completely useless even under mild IVF sedation... I lose track of anything that happens for about 24-48 hrs post the ni-nigh drugs. I've heard a kilo of pharmacy jellybeans is supposed to minimise the impact of anaesthetic... Never had the guts to try it out though!!!

Hi everyone I've missed...

Hi girls
    Shazz, with a bit of luck, you may not have to be here for too long, here's hoping anyway.
    Kar, a kilo of jellybeans? That would probably work for me - I'd be too busy running to the amenities to feel the after affects of anaesthetic.
    Tam, do you have any US results to share? Or are you still busy celebrating Freo's win...
    Hi to everyone else out there.
    Not doing any more walking, foot is really sore today. Might have to ask bi-lo if they hire out their walkers

Kar- I managed to pick up the book yesterday. Though I really want to finish the other book first. " Child within" was on the orginal recomended reading list that I got with my Ivf info back in 2004. In fact it was the only one I was able to buy off the list. I did meet the author last year and she seemed really nice, so I thought I would give it ago. I just feel I need to read something useful, IYKWIM. I started seeing a counceller but she just told me I have to stop wanting a baby then I will be happy. ( Grrrrr) Did not understand at all. I so thank my lucky stars for you girls.

Tam- I hope everything is right on track for OPU Friday. I am going to be really busy the next 5 days, Si if I dont get a chance to pop in I just want you to know I am thinking of you and wishing you all the best

Shazz- welcome. Whishing you load of baby dust for this upcoming cycle.

Leis- How time fly's. the next op will be over before you know it. Just one step left until your wildest dreams come true!

SuziQ- I hope you are resting up on that foot. Dont feel guilty on being off. When I left my last job I left with 13 weeks of untaken sick leave. No one ever says thanks for never being off sick. Believe me! It is there to use when you need it. So sit back enjoy some time and space on the lounge!

Keen honey thinking of you!

To everyone else I hope you are all doing well.
    I hope this posts as I had the same as Kar and when I hit the submit button it went to the same error. So I am hoping I wont loose this post too!!!

Hi to everyone, just finally getting in here.

I'll start off with me, yes, my EPU is tomorrow (Friday). u/s on Wednesday showed 6 on each ovary but they hadn't grown much since Monday so I think it was originally a bit iffy for Friday. Had my trigger last night, had to keep DH up til 10pm for that. The sleeping dr told me today that I was 3rd on the list, going in about 9.30am. Feeling ok, a bit uncomfortable with a full bladder but that's about it. Will let you know details tomorrow arvo when I get home.

Shazz, welcome to you. Hope your story continues on with a good ending.

Vicki, not sure about the counsellor! aren't we all doing this so we can have a baby. :smt102 Have to admit I've never read any books. BB is my bible.

Hope the starters have started fine (IYKWIM)

Sue, I agree about the sick leave. And lol about the giant walking stick. And yes, there was a big jump & cheer from me when Freo got their deserved points.

Leis, I think the big sleeps & rest are the only good thing about ops too. The longer the op the more nausea I get. I look forward to the day I no longer need to have laps.

Take care to you all,

That's great Tam, have been waiting for your post.
    A good number and the size must be ok too. The sleeping doctor - must be late, I had to think about that one.
    Hope you'll be well enough at some point over the weekend to let us know the number on the back of your left hand. :luck:
    Good luck!
    Sue

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast