Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception ~ April 2006

Excellent Sue - unplanned, spontaneous and fabulous! And not too long to go either!

Hi everyone
    DH and I have been away for Easter which was just what was needed as it got my mind off everything. Hope everyone has had a nice Easter.

Keen - good luck for this morning hun. Got my fingers crossed.
    Shez - :bluestick: inkstick: I had a wobble like you described too, only mine was before the OPU. Just felt really faint. Quite Jane Austen.
    Sue - hope that things work out wonderfully spontaneously for you O/S.
    Ann - ouch!!! my DH had one go feral on Christmas morning - he had no idea what hit him - fortunately I'd watched my dad have one and new he needed to go to hospital. Hope you are feeling much better now.
    Daisy & Leis - am sending you resilience vibes through the ether. It's natural to get low sometimes its being able to climb back out that's the important thing.

As for me - AF has been and gone and now I'm trying not to think too much although I do want to do bit of research on a few things.

Good morning & big hugs to all you lovely ladies, I too have had a busy Easter, jammed packed full of exciting events.

Kar, hope the research goes well

Keen, hoping things go well this morning, though you're probably there now!

Shez, stickies from me too, hope it's going well

Ann, ouch, never had them but can imagine the pain, hope the last one doesn't cause much hassle

Sue, the time is counting down, I know it's going fast for everyone I know so hope yours is flying along too (til you're flying, lol)

Blue, Vicki, Leis, Bee, hugs for you & hoping you are going well.

I had my last BCP last night, so it was first sniff of my short down reg til AF should show in a couple of days, then onto my IVF with PGD.
    I kinda feel a bit scared of starting again & what will come out of this cycle. And it feels so long since a stim. I did so many with my back to back IUI & then IVF but had a long break with my FETs & m/c breaks that it feels like ages. I guess I'll just be back on that bike again in a couple of days & will feel like I never fell off, lol!!

Take care all (Mmm, guess I'll start looking for a new ticker for when AF does come! I never realised it was such fun, only took me a year to work it out (can you tell I'm blonde) lol)

Hi to everyone - hope you've all had a lovely Easter. I haven't been online much over the 'chocoloate' holiday so just catching up on messages now! (Whoever decided Easter and chocolate should go together should be shot! LOL!).

Keen - thinking of you and keeping everything crossed. xo

Shez - hope you are going well. xo

Ann - hope you're back to 100% soon. Take care. xo

SuziQ - your holiday is sounding sooooo exciting!

Tam - wishing you lots and lots of luck for this cycle. Sounds like we are only a few weeks apart. I have another 3 weeks on the BCP (yuk!) and then start my sniffing! (sounds good doesn't it! LOL!).

Leis & Daisy - thinking of you both. I've been a bit down the last week - it still amazes me just how emotional this rollercoaster can be. And for some reason we do think we need to stay strong all the time - but I'm discovering that I need my down time sometimes, even if it's just to let all the sadness and anger out. I'm a shocker for letting things build up too much!

Kar - good luck with the research.

I have my trip to Sydney this coming weekend and the week after it's back into the synarel and then stimming. I'm excited and scared all at the same time - you'd think I hadn't been through it before! LOL!

Take care,
    Marg

kirsty Guest

Just popping in to say hi to all, hope that you are all well.

Really popping in to send Keen loads of sticky vibes for today ~ I've got everything crossed for you that all goes well today.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

I am also popping in to say HI

Keen
    congratulations on two on board - :bluestick: inkstick: for you sweet

Shez - fingers and everything crossed for you

Goodluck to all your lovely ladies sniffing, jabbing or waiting ..

Leis - you are in my thoughts too with your upcoming op.

hoping you can all come across very soon

with hope
    Trish
    "~♥~ DD Charlotte Rose 1/9/04 26wks born still ~♥~"
    IVF Twins due July 2006

YAYE!! I have two little cubs on board! They thawed really well and only had to thaw two to get the two - meaning we still have two frozen ones left. One was 90% cells (which is FANTASTIC) and the other 80% - also awesome.

Am feeling hopeful and excited!

And now Tam and Marg are starting new cycles and I plan to take you both with me to the other side! (when I get there).... Beta is on 29 April.... that is going to take FOREVER to get here!

Love to you all ....

Yay Keen! :bluestick: inkstick: I hvae eevryhtnig cosresd fro yuo gril.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Keen we have room for twenty of you - there are only a handful of us left after 4 graduates in last 2 weeks

That's wonderful Keen. Sending as many positive vibes your way as I can muster! And hopefully the luck will spread around to us all.

Take good care and try and stay sane during the crazy TWW! :bluestick: inkstick:

Marg

Congratulations Keen - that's fantastic news! Sounds like they're good quality and at a good stage + you have two left for down the track when you want to expand your family. Hmmmm, lots of twins in the air...
    Tam - it seems like only the other day you were saying what a wait you had till you would be starting the big sniff. Now it's here. [-o< for a smooth run for you this time.
    Hey Marg, what's on in Sydney? It's good you and Tam can be cycle buddies. Are you doing a long or flare protocol?
    Kar - you can never do enough research. Just keep on asking questions. Is there anything in particular you're concentrating on?
    Hope you're staying sane Shez - not long til your beta now.
    Leis and Vicki, hope things are looking up for you both. Leis :gossip: single and independent = :whistle:
    Hi Blue, Bee (have you two fallen off the edge of the planet?), Ann and anyone reading this.
    Me, me, me. Hmmm, I've posted in the 'when did you start to feel your age' thread in the General Chatter forum, that on the whole at almost 44 I'm still waiting to feel like a grown up. Well, I just got back from the doctor. I've had a sore foot for a week and thought I had a stone bruise on the bottom of it. But, no, it's arthritis in the joints of the third and fourth toes. WTF???? :fuming: Nuh-uh-aahhh, no way, not on your life... think I'll do the denial thing and continue to consider it a stone bruise.
    Anyway, off to cook some pasta.
    Ciao for now.
    Sue

Blue Sky Guest

Hi All,

Sorry have been MIA - just a quick post before hitting the books again..
    Keen - Have my fingers crossed for you and your cubs!! Hope the TWW treats you kindly!
    Marg & Tam - hoping your cycles go well!!
    Everyone else sorry about the lack of personals.
    Take care!
    H

SuziQ - I had to laugh at your arthritis comments! LOL! I thought I might have had arthritis in my elbow last year because I hadn't injured it but it kept aching! But arthritis at 37 was more than a bit scary! Turns out the Doc thinks it is just wear and tear. Then again isn't that another term for arthritis!!! LOL!

Mind you, I'm still wondering when I'm going to grow up too! When I'm around kids I have this bad habit of turning into one! My friends end up telling ME and their kids off for being too noisy! LOL! But then I think that's a good thing!

I must admit that even though I've been through 2 IVF cycles I'm still not up with all the correct terminology etc! I'm determined to ask more questions this time around and hopefully the info will actually sink in! So I'm not really sure what type of cycle this is.

My routine this time around is BCP from 10Apr to 5May - Synarel is from 2May, a scan should be on 17May with injections starting then also - and then another scan on 26May to see how close I am to being 'ready'! So OPU and ET should be sometime around that last week of May if all goes well. Actually my birthday is mid May so there's only one pressie I really want..............

And hi Blue - good to see you - hope you're well.

I'm just off to Sydney from Fri to Mon to catch up with friends I haven't seen in a while and to also see David Campbell performing at the Opera House. I am a HUGE fan of his and have seen him in a few theatre shows - but it will be nice to just see him performing on his own. He not only has an amazing voice but is a lovely guy. I'd better stop now or I'll just keep raving on about him! LOL!

Marg

Sue I'm trying to research whether there are any known prostaglandin malfunctions that cause pgs not to stick in women without endo. So far not much luck. Also trying to see if something dietary can keep the levels under control.

Guess this is just me trying to get over yet another BFN by rationalisation. My brain has started generating all sorts of new theories to explain why it hasn't worked yet again. (I'm completely ignoring the obvious statistical probabilities of course!) My latest theory being that my prostaglandin hormone kicks in every month no matter what and makes the lining shed, baby or no baby. This would explain why I feel like I may have been losing very early pgs for a very long time. I've also got at least another two other theories tucked away and its really starting to get me down that I can't seem to trust my own body.

Could I ask an expert in the advisory forum about this do others think? And if so which expert?

Hi everyone else - will do personals next time.

Hi Kar
    I know what you mean when you say feel you can't trust your own body.
    Have you seen a Reproductive Immunologist/Endocronologist? I'm a member of AED and they have a thread talking about this sort of stuff ie the body killing not only bacteria but anything it considers as foreign like an embryo. PM if you want more info. It's very very interesting.
    Sounds like we're in the same headspace. Even though I hopped off the IVF train I guess I'll still always wonder why nothing ever worked. I was never tested for autoimmune problems and while researching arthritis yesterday found an article linking it with endo, infertility, diabetes, lupus, ms and other diseases where the body turns on itself. So, of course, I'm in a bit of a spin atm too that it was never picked up.
    I'm not sure which expert in the advice forum you'd ask, maybe one of the mods does?
    Edited to add
    It may be worth looking/posting in the Medical Conditions Thread, there are some stories in there talking about similar issues.
    Take care
    Sue

yah for Keen sticky vibes.. these sound like such good figures.. i am sure you will get the desired outcome soon...
    love leis xx

A big hello and hugs to all you lovely ladies!!

Kar- I hope you find what you are looking for. I find when I search and shearch I get totally confused with it all!

Keen - Excellent news! sending you many sticky vibes!!!!

Shez- How are you going?

Tam- Wishing you much sucess for the upcoming cycle

Marg- Hope you have a great weekend in Sydney

Leis- thinking you you

Sue- What is AED ?

And everyone else I hope you are all having a great week.

ann Guest

Hi Girls,

Keen Take it easy, and did you use a tube of super glue? Hee Hee

Margoz, we are doing cycles at the same time, I hope we both get positive results!

Ann

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast