Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception ~ December 2006

Alex Guest

Hi minniemouse,

8 eggs this time. Hopefully they'll be good ones. I was feeling so drowsy that I can't remember if they'll call me today or tomorrow to let me know how they go??? Tomorrow I think. 7 days to go for you! good luck, I hope you are managing to keep busy and to not think about it too much. Which centre do you go to? I go to IVF Australia in Maroubra, I've found all the staff to be lovely.

Hi Alex,

8 is great..
    they will call you tomorrow...
    yes - i am at maroubra as well and they are great. I am working and trying sooo hard to keep my mind occupied - not easy. Am terrified AF will arrive anytime.
    So we wait...

Lulu

Hi to the newer additions to our little collective!

I am also going through IVF Australia but at Kogarah clinic - however OPU and transfer will be at Maroubra - so pleased to hear they are nice.

Good luck to you guys and hope that we can have you 'graduating' in no time...

BB has been a godsend at many times on this ride for me - I hope we can be support for you guys too.

Just a quick update MIVF called and we get to start finally!! VERY EXCITED!
    Start Synerel on 3/2 and have scan on 16/2, so fingers crossed all goes to plan! If anyone has any advice to prepare me for the rollercoster that would be great.

Yah for the start EJE. Hope all goes well for you.
    I just did a PGD IVF also, so would be good to see your outcome.

Take care all.

dream bub Guest

HI Girls - Its been a while since i posted. Ive been too tired and a bit emotional too. 26th January was the due date for my baby if I hadnt of miscarried last year, it all seems a little surreal to think that I may have had a 2-3 day bub by now. But all the same I am excited that I did get prgnt and it will happen again. Such a coincidence as my Mum was due to have me on the 26th but I came late on the 1st Feb (39 long years ago). Thats where the siilarities stop btwn Mum & I as she was able to give birth to 5 kids - all happy & healthy.

On the subject of the pregnancy epidemic .... My 2 best friends, 2 work friends, Sister IL and just about everyone i pass on the street is PG at the moment!! But - it can only be good right? Just rub up against them as often as you can I say!!!

EJE - Enjoy the ride and try to relax as much as you can. Think of it as a positive step to starting your family. Affirmative action. I think acupuncture definately helps with the tension and the anxiety. Good Luck.

Miinie Mouse, Tam & Alex - Good LUuk girls. Sticky Vibes all the way. I am will be a couple of weeks behind you.

As for me I've been on Lucrin for 3 weeks (I use Lucrin by injection instead of Synarel as I have bad allergies/hayfever and it all runs staright out!). Started on FSH injections one week ago and went to the Doc this morning, was surprised to hear that I already have 14-16 follies around 14 mm! Very pleased with myself, I had a feeling that there were a few as my abdomen is definately more swollen than usual and my jeans dont fit! Anyway so I am set for my next EPU on Friday and looking forward to a big haul of qulaity eggs.

I have a question Has anyone every been put on steroids and Aspirin as part of their protocol???????????. My doc recommended them, however with the fuzzy brain I have at the moment I cant remember why. I am not back to see him till Wednesday so I will check then but I would love to hear if anyone else has had any experience with Steroids. Apparenlty there are some side effects, but if they help I dont mind.........
    SO there it is......... Lucrin injections, Puregon injections, Fishoil capsules, Multivitamins, Premular, Elevit, Steriods, Aspirin, Xtra folate, Pilates, Acupuncture, Physio, High protein diet and the most god awful potion ever from the Naturoath! My personal baby recipe....

This will be full Stim cycle #9 - my lucky number and EPU one day after my birthday - hopefully all good omens.

Sorry for the long post girls - just keeps pouring out of me..

Wow Shazz, that's a lot to remember to take (but I know you will)
    Haven't tried steroids or asprin but am on Clexane this time, which I think is meant to do the same thing as asprin.

Good luck.
    Take care all

i have a feeling that Hayseed may have been on a similar combination to that Shazz...

Dreambub- I was on half dose apsrin before they realised our problem was more than my PCOS and that DH had a translocation (double whammy I know) But when they said we would need IVF they said that they don't really want people on IVF to be using asprin, so I stopped.

Tam- nice to FINALLy find someone else out there on PGD. If you don't mind me asking, how has it all gone for you so far? We have been told that with PGD, or tricked up IVF as they nickname it, the odds are even lower than regular IVF, which is not exactally inspirational.

EJE, I have had two IVF with PGD. I don't know why they'd say lower odds because the embryos are tested to see if they are normal. Perhaps they are talking about the drop in numbers goes quick because of the extra testing and time.
    I found the numbers do go quick because of looking at fertilisation rate firstly, then how many can be biopsied at Day 2, then looking at how many embryos are normal, then it's finding a normal embryo that goes to blast. Numbers can drop fast.
    So really, it has to be a tough embryo that makes it that far!

Saying that though, I have had 3 transfers (2fresh, 1 frozen) and haven't had success yet, but I have another 3 normal snow bubs yet.

On my last one the embryologist said they usually expect 20% normal. I actually had 50% so am happy with that result.

And it costs a lot too, mine is $2,100 with no Medicare coverage. Ouch!

I hope you get some good results on your PGD cycle. As I said, I'll be interested to see your numbers also.
    Take care

dream bub Guest

Tam - $2100 Out of pocket - WOW that hurts! Praying it works soon for you. I will taking Clexane injections too as well as Predicone apparently. Intersted to know - do you start the Clexane AFTER transfer - there seems to be varying protocols? Any side effects youve noticed & do you have Predisone as well.

EJE- Good luck with the PGD. On the asprinin, I thought it was a common treatment on IVF, my FS has given me Cardipran after each TF, but i guess that's after IVF technically.

This tine 2moro I will be ready for EPU. Triggered last night which is always exciting. Can you belive I amost forgot??? What a disaster that would be! Hopefully lots of little eggs waiting to come out for a 5 day visit.

Tam- Yes they do mean lower odds with relation to getting some fertilised, then them making the 8 cell stage, then them making it through being tested, then any of them actually making the grade. They did seem to indicate though that if we actually get any that make the cut IYKWIM then we have pretty good odds after that as they will be tough little embies. If you don't mind me asking, are you doing PGD because of translocation issues, or something else?

The costs here in Melbourne are horrific. Our probe cost us $1,300 to build, non refundable, non medicare covered. Then a full stim cycle will cost us $1700 out of pocket, and $3,000 for the PGD stuff. They are hoping we won't need a new probe for each cycle. Without the probe it will cost us the better part of $5,000 out of pocket per cycle. Mind you I haven't even included in that cost ultra sounds, doctors fees, any hopsital fees not covered by our private health insurance ( we have top hospital cover with Australian Unity, so I am hoping there won't be anything to pay there) It is really scary if this first cycle doesn't work that we will have to come up with $5K to try again. I am not saying the money isn't worth it, I would pay a million dollars to have a child, its just the stress of coming up with it each time, and knowing if a cycle fails, its not just the emotional stress but the financial stress as well.

Dream Bub- best of luck for your EPU

Yes, $2,100 just for PGD hurts enough, I'm waiting for my Medicare refund for the IVF though.
    We did PGD because of recurrent miscarriages & just nothing working.
    That was also the reason for trying the Clexane. I started that 24 hours after EPU. It also worked in good that I was taking Clexane because I got mild OHSS.

EJE, can I ask what the probe is? And why you had to have one built. Not sure if I've missed it along the track somewhere.
    And yes, I'd probably pay a million for a bub too.

Shaz, thinking of you on your EPU, you are having a blast transfer?
    Good luck.

Keen have your snowbubs got to their new home, & are you transferring soon.
    Take care all.

not transferring those snowbubs too soon. We will be doing another fresh cycle first. The snowbubbas were conceived when DH had prostate issues, so we are hoping that might be an explanation for the number of angels we have. Hoping to start afresh and see how we go.... but we wont be leaving those snowbubbas behind!

So sorry to hear your news sweetheart... :hugs: thinking of you...
    Last edited by Keen; February 2nd, 2007 at 09:14 AM.

Alex Guest

Currently half way through the TWW. In the end only 1 embryo was good enough to transfer, day 2, 5 cells. Unfortunately the other 3 only got to 3 cells and then stopped. so if this one doesn't work we're back to square one, very quickly!

I've been in contact with the clinic in Las Vegas about their new technology of embryo selection before transfer. I have lots of forms to fill in, complete medical history, heaps of it I don't understand so I'm going to have to ask the nurses at my clinic for help. I hope they don't mind that I'm looking into another clinic????? But I really want to know the cost of the new treatment, if the success rate is higher, and it's not too out of our reach financially, then we're going to seriously consider it.

How is everyone?

Hey Alex - lets hope you have success this time and dont need to head to Las Vegas... but I am curious about the technology you're talking about - what kind of success rates are they saying?

We are looking into all options right now...

dream bub Guest

Hi Girls,

EPU yesterday went well with 15 eggs but disappointed this morning to hear only 5 fertilised. APparenlty that can improve in the next 24 hours in half of the cases.

Really sore so I am just checking in quickly. Thanks for your thoughts girls.

Back soon.....

Shaz, take care, I feel for you as my last one dropped off from 20 eggs to 11 fertilised, it's a bad feeling when first numbers come up like that. Hope it stays at five now as the days go along for you. wishing you the best.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast