Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception ~ December 2006

Tam- the Probe is the test that they had to do specifically for us. DH has a translocation which meas that his 18 chromosone is stuck to his 21. When we TTC naturally this means that potentially any baby will have either too much genetic information, or not enough- hence my recurrent miscarriages. They have to build a probe/test that relates exacattly to DH's chromosones. When any of our eggs that fertilise sucessfully reach 8 cell stage, they take one of the cells out and test it to see if it has the translocation or not. Any that don't have the translocation will be an EtT or become asnowbub. We are told though each cycle we are going to be very lucky to get even one that will pass the test. So fingers crossed. I hope this makes sense.

Started Syneral yesterday- hope I am doing it right!!

Alex Guest

Hi,

Back again. I've been trying to stay away from my laptop, otherwise i'll just end up doing work and the reason I'm at home for 2 weeks is so I can relax. I have no idea if this will help my chances or not, but I have to try.

I got a huge questionnaire from SIRM in Las Vegas, I haven't filled it in yet as it is pretty complicated and I'm going to have to ask the nurses at the IVF clinic to help me. So, until I get my result at the end of this nightmare TWW, I'll wait. Friday is the day, I am feeling so nervous at the moment. Just waiting for AF to arrive at any time and scupper our chances. We all know what this feels like - total nightmare!

Why is it so unfair? I was out for lunch yesterday and a mother, with a small child, plus one on the way, sat near me, left her child on it's own outside a cafe on a busy road, whilst she went inside to order. Now, I know I am being judgmental, but I don't care! The child could have run into the road, he could have been swiped by a passing lunatic. Honestly! People are so selfish and unthoughtful!

Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now!

So, is anyone in the TWW? If so, when do you get the results?

dream bub Guest

Hey girls.

Hope everyome is tracking well.

Tam - Cant belive we still had 5 embies left today (day 5). Thanks for thinking of us.

Alex - Ive just joined you today in the 2ww, although not for long I gues as you only have a few days to go. Think positive and I am sending sticky vibes your way to inhale deeply. Please dont even let AF cross your mind, you might attract it!! Think more of your embie burrowing in to stay.

My TF went well today with 2 blasts transferred and at least 2 to freeze, a breakthourhg for us. Now I am on Clexane and Prednisone daily as well Prog pessaries morning and night. I'm particularly intersted to hear from anyone using same treatments about what they experience in terms of side effects.

Alex Guest

Thanks Shaz, what you said makes sense. I've just called the clinic and asked them to bring my BT forward to tomorrow morning. I've got awful cramps and I don't know if they are pre-AF cramps, or I've also heard that you feel like that when you are pg. So, I am still hoping like mad that it will be a BFP. I have acupuncture on Friday afternoon and definately won't be able to cope if I get a BFN on friday morning, so another reason for moving the test forward.

It's so hard! Why is it so hard????? I am fed up of hearing everyone tell me that ivf never works the first time and takes 5 or 6 times - this is from friends and family, incidently who all are eithe pg or have kids. How can they possibly understand? and more importantly, where are they getting their stats from?

There I go again, babbling away! Sorry.

Alex Guest

Here I am again. Right, I cannot believe it, AF has arrived. I know this is probably TMI, but heavy does not describe it. I feel like my insides are collapsing. I also feel like my heart is collapsing too.

I have the BT tomorrow morning, I am still going to go as I really want to ask the nurses to help me fill in the paper work for the clinic in Las Vegas. I just want to know the cost. According to the research the new technology that they use for embryo testing over there has almost triple the success rates of IVF without the testing.

I cannot face calling my friends to let them know, I'm sure I'll get the same reaction as before, that these things take time. But that's just it, they don't take time for everyone!

I really don't understand this, I really had what I thought were symptoms of early pg this time, which I've never had before.

When I find out the cost of the treatment in the States I'll let you all know, apparently you only need to be there for 2 weeks - not sure how that works????

Good luck Shaz with your TWW and to the others - I'm sitting here in tears so sorry, I can't remember who else is waiting too.

I really hope that at least one of you guys gets to join the pg thread this month!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Alex,

biggest biggest , mate.

dream bub Guest

Big Hugs Alex - I dont know what to say. So many well meant words are often condescending and frustrating, so just know that people care and mean the best.

Maybe we can go to Vegas together ! What a blast ... anyone else up for it?

Alex - it really isn't fair and some days it is all just too much. Take care of yourself and remember we're all thinking of you. xoxo

Hey, I'll be in on the Las Vegas adventure as well!

Marg

Alex Guest

Hi,

Thanks everyone for your support. I spoke to the clinic in Las Vegas this morning and will hopefully have a phone consult next week. One of the nurses at my clinic here is helping me fill out the lengthy and confusing questionnaire! I'm just curious to find out the costs of this new treatment, then my DH and I can decide what to do next.

Good luck to everyone still waiting in the TWW, and for anyone in the midst of their cycle.

I'm at home watching "Pride and Prejudice", I'm not sure if it's supposed to cheer me up or not! They're all searching for husbands!

Alex, big, big hug for you. And will be waiting on the Vegas details.

Shazz, thinking of you on the start of your TWW, good luck

EJE, so the probe is what they use to do the PGD? Hope I've got that right.
    I think you never stop learning in this AC game.

Marg, hope you're going well.

Take care all.

Hello ladies,

Just wanting to drop in and say hello and tell you all what amazing and wonderful women you are. Your courage and strength astounds me and I read all of your stories with the anticipation that one day soon your hearts will fill with joy when you see those special two little lines.

I am sending all the baby dust in the world to you all, and hope that each and every one of you 'graduates' very quickly.

Hugs to you all,
    Lisa

Alex Guest

Hi Everyone,

I'm feeling a bit spaced out! I've posted the same message in another thread and as I've just read EJE's message again with a bit more understanding, I wanted to post my message here too.

We went to see our FS today, and I must admit that I was expecting more of the same, "it's a numbers game, at your age after 3 attempts you should get a BFP", but actually, he didn't say that at all. He said that my overall egg quality has not been good, and as none of our embies have stayed, it is likely due to chromosone problems, so he wants us to test for genetic problems. We ahd the blood tests today and it will take 6 weeks to find out if there's a problem or not.

If there is they're going to use the Polscope to get past the spindle and avoid causing any problems with ICSI. It all sounds very confusing! If there is a problem we'll also have to do PGD.

So, this means a delay in the next cycle, hopefully we'll start in early April, on a different protocol called "Antagonist", which is 2 weeks shorter. If we get enough embryos the FS also wants to take them to blastocyst.

I am feeling drained and totally information overload. I was really expecting him to put us straight back onto another cycle. I am so worried about the test and if it brings up anything untoward and scary. 6 weeks seems like forever!

EJE - what's happening with you? Good luck for the Feb start!

dream bub Guest

Alex - I cant see back far enough to check if you are doing some acupuncture & herbal medicine? You are probably already doing it and know that it heps to improve egg quality. For me it was interesting this cycle becuase this is the first time that all of my fertilised eggs made it through to day 5, usually I have a big drop off on day 3-4..... i put this down to all the acupuncture and herbal remedies I was on. Just a thought ....

As for me I am 6 days in to the 2ww & all the extra medication is mucking my body about. Getting cramping and nausea as well as the biggest bloated belly. I wake two or three times each night for the toilet and avergae only about 5 hours of sleep a night. Also I dont have much of an appetite, which is the opposite to the side effect I have read about Prednisone which apparently increases the appetite.
    I have however dropped 3 kg since coming off the horrible Microgynin pill I took prioir to my cycle starting.

Alex Guest

Hi Shaz,

I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling great. The emotional strain of the TWW are bad enough without the physical symptoms too.:hugs:

I haven't tried herbal medicine but both DH and I are going for acupuncture. I think I'll ask my acupuncturist about the herbs too. I'll try anything. We're also going to do the antagonist protocol next time, but we can't start for 8 weeks. Gruelling!

After seeing our FS we've decided to put the Las Vegas thing on hold. We really gained a lot more faith in our FS after yesterday, he does seem to be trying all the different angles for us to have our own baby.

Hope everyone else is OK

So had my appt with my new and ever so competent RE this afternoon and...

DH's results came in and they are absolutely astoundingly fantastic!! It is just incredible and we are looking at doing a cycle next cycle so probably starting lucrin injections around 19 March (assuming a normal cycle for me this time around).... very excited

Plus RE has decided for me to go on the Clexane Injections as well as the pessaries and also wants to put 2 emby's back straight away - so its all very exciting and my hope is back at a level it hasnt been in years! YAYE! Go Team!

Hope I get to join the mass exodus (with the rest of you lovely ladies) that will continue over the next few months....
    Last edited by Keen; February 14th, 2007 at 06:35 PM.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Keen I posted in LTTTC to you, but wanted to say here too YAYAYAYAY!

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

thats wonderful news Keen - I love the excitement in your voice - go team

Tam- Yes the Probe is the PGD test. Veru complicated and expensive test at that!!

Alex- I have my fingers crossed that all is ok with your Genetic testing. They do seem to take a long time to do them. If it turns out you do need to use PGD, let me know, as DH and I are now experts on all the ins and outs of PGD!

Me, well have been on Syneral for 12 days now, and off the pill for 6. Have my Scan tomorrow, and if all goes well start injections. So fingers crossed we pass stage one. Cant wait to stop the Syneral too- nasty stuff. Decided it should come in chocolate flavour

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast