Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception ~ March 2006

Sorry to hear your news Chele.
    Take care of your heart.
    Sue

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Keen,

just wanted to say that you were a great mod for us LTTTC girls and I missed you heaps when you left. If I do half as good a job as you, I'll be happy.

love
    sushee

Chele, I'm so sorry to hear your news I've updated your details for you, but it was sad to do

Chele, thinking of you & hope you take care.
    Take your time out, it is good for you.
    I have a bit of a problem in that now cause I'm drinking whilst not cycling, it doesn't take much anymore, lol. And DH complains I drink all his bourbon!

Take care & see you soon.

Your details have been updated too, Tam, my sweet.

love
    sushee

Chele - so sorry to hear there's no good news just yet. Take good care of yourself and I'll be sending all the positive thoughts your way that I can between now and May. xoxo

And congrats on becoming a mod sushee - great choice!

Hope everyone else is well. :flower:

Marg

Chele - honey Im so sorry that things didnt turn out for you this time. Take the time you need and know that we are all still here whenever you need.

I now have my transfer date - the 18th April. Would have actually fallen on the 15th but that is good friday (which I was actually feeling to be a good sign), and so I have to wait until the Tuesday following. So I thought I had only 16 days to go, now I have 19 - well at least may give my body a bit longer to prepare....

Hope everyone is going ok and that we soon see some graduations.

BTW Sush.... Awww shucks!

Keen - good for you. And Easter bodes well with all things eggy so they say! It's really nice to meet another super responder btw. Sorry to hear about all your cancellations - I live in dread. I have my fingers crossed for your transfer. Chocolate would have to be good for linings wouldn't it.

(Aunty) Sush - congrats.

Bec - where are you? Shez - how is the stimming going?

Hi to everyone.

I gave myself the trigger at 7.30pm last night with DH supervision. 1 whole ml - urgggh! It's still sore this morning. My OPU is at 8.30am tomorrow. By this time tomorrow I should have read the number of eggs that the embryologist writes on the back of my left hand in black texta if all goes to plan.

This is not really related but I have to share it with someone coz its so weird. Last night DH slept on a matress on the floor in the spare room so I could toss and turn in peace (my legs have been aching really badly). This morning I asked him how he slept last night he said enigmatically : "Ahhhh, it was the night of the lizard last night. "

I had no idea what he was talking about so naturally I asked. He told me he had a dream that he was sitting at a dining room table and was wearing a thick silver necklace with a pendant-like thing. In the dream, he was holding the pendant in his hand when he realised it was squirming. This woke him up. He woke up to find that he was holding something squirming. It was a small skink. It squirmed some more and he let it go and it ran off. (Its now hiding somewhere in the spare room we think.) The mind boggles at how he managed to catch a skink in his sleep! I can't help feeling it is good luck and an omen for tomorrow. I think the whole thing is bizarre and surreal - he seems completely relaxed about this. As if of course one wakes up holding reptiles in the middle of the night! That's just normal silly!
    We live in the bush capital I suppose. But really!

Wow Kar how bizarre!! Good luck for the pick up tomorrow.
    I had another BT this morning.. I asked what my levels were on tuesday.. they were 540 is this low?? I hope this goes well. I am getting more uncomfortable but not like last time so I am hoping this is a good sign.

Love to all

Kar,

that is bizarre! I reckon it's a sign too! Lol!

Shez, 540 is low-ish, but all it means is that the follies are far from ready. The levels should start to spike up shortly, but may mean a longer cycle than they had planned, is all. What CD were you?

Keen, your transfer date is on my EDD (according to my Dr)! I take that as a good sign too!

love
    sushee

Sush - that is a fantastic sign! You have made my day with that! Yaye!

Kar - that is just SO bizarre... certainly think it could be a sign - you know, you finally caught it!

ann Guest

Just wanted to share a little something with all of you, as I know some of you are on the IVF train for the same reasons as us, DH's morphology with his little swimmers.

Ages ago, when we first embarked on this ride, DH had a SA and the results were not good at all, 100% abnormal sperm, now we were told all sorts of things, a genetic problem that DH had from birth, everything to tight underwear. (?) Even though he had 2 children from his previous marriage (did make us think)

Any way DH did alot of research and spoke to alot of people, and he started on

Carnitine 500g (Musashi)
    zinc 220 mg
    Mega B
    Complete Antioxidant
    Vitamin E 500

After our last failed IVF attempt, we had a telephone consult with a IVF Dr in Sydney ($160.00) and DH told the Dr what he had been taking, the Dr said these vitamins were excellent for male sperm problems (why they never told us in the first place, I don't know).

Anyway DH went off for another SA and guess what after only taking the vitamins for 3 months DH's swimmers were good, in every 200 sperm they looked at 2 were "normal", so considering there are millions of the little buggers thats not too bad.

Also improves "performance".

These vitamins are expernisve, for this lot it costs about $140.00, but hey we are already paying a lot of money for our treatments.

Just thought I might share, and apparently thats why our cycles were failures (so the Dr said), cause DH's sperm were not of good quality, so look out for May.

Why don't they tell you things that may help in the first place

Luv to all
    Ann

Wow Ann, what incredible news! You're right, we pay so much anyway, if these vitamins are helping - and it sure sounds like they are - then they're worth every cent!

Keen, you've made my day! I can't help thinking it's meant to be, me passing on the baton, so to speak! Lol!

love
    sushee

Ann, that is very interesting! My DH has also been on some supplements ( he has low count and motility), I did much research and he is now on the following:
    Zinc
    Lysine HCL
    L-Arginine (Musashi brand)

both the last two are types of antioxidants. He has not yet had a test to see if there has been any improvement - because we have snow bubbas left, but I really believe they have helped even in just his general health. It is great to hear you have had some success - everything crossed it continues for you!

ann Guest

And Woohoo to you Keen on your transfer only 19 days to go, I am sending you heaps of cyber vibes.

I hope that you and I can finally graduate from this forum, Sushee and others have done it, but we are just waiting our turn aren't we!

And I must say a huge congrats to Sushee (no Aunty jokes here), you deserve or we deserve you being a moderator. (not long for you). I finding myself being really excited about your upcoming birth.

Ann

Wow, it's ticking along here nicely. [-o<

Ann, I agree with you re the benefits of vitamins/natural remedies. Just take my case for example .

Leis, best of luck with the lap/bowell resection. I have had it done (4 hour op) and only stayed over night - the recovery wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

ALL THE VERY BEST LADIES, STILL THINKING OF YOU AND WISHING YOUR DREAMS......

Well I'm a little more optimistic this afternoon.. My levels ( to quote the dr via the receptionist) are "good and rising nicely" I have been on edge cause it was this time 1st cycle when Dr thought we might have to cancel cause levels too low and then I went on to hyperstim... I am hopeful...

Yaye on the SA Ann that's fantastic!! Look out May indeed!!

Keen I agree yours and Ann's turn is certainly apon us!!

Love and luck

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast