Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Melbourne IVF - my first cycle

suby Guest

Default Adenomyosis and IVF

Quote Originally Posted by runnermum View Post
    Hi lisa,

no luck this first time for us...AF came the day before BT.. it was hard emotionally as I was on my own, it was late at night etc... However, I feel fine now and will take a month off before having another transfer in July. I think all those drugs/hormones and then surgery to collect eggs is all a bit too much to then allow my body to concieve. I know it happens for some women, but I did not expect it for me....

I am thinking positive thoughts for the cycle no. 2. In the meantime, my hubby and I can have some fun on our own!

hope you are well and thanks for your kind words.. (and info on storage fees!)
    Hi Runnermum

I have just had a lap and my gyno has diagnosed me with moderate endo and adenomyosis....I have been on IVF for 6 months mostly bc my husband has cancer and may be sterile. I felt that the IVF wasn't working bc of the abnominal pains I have been having.....anyway, have now had the lap and the gyno thinks my chances are better now. Will embark on my next stim cycle early July....please ask me any questions or if you would like to chat.

thanks heaps for your post suby - much appreciated. I am currently having a month off IVF after my first stimulated cycle and transfer. I think it was a good idea too.

So sorry to hear about your situation - I really, really hope you have some luck coming your way soon. How did your gyno explain adenomyosisi? and did he/she explain how it may of happenned to you? in my case, my gyno thinks it may have been caused by my first birth, which was VERY long and painful (27 hours!!). But really, he does not seem to have any real clear answers.............did you get any??

Runnermum how you doing??

Shazz.
    xx

Shazz,
    I know that this forum is strictly for Long Termers, but i saw your name and i thought i'd pop in and say hi!
    Hope things are going OK with you. Have you any idea when you are doing your next FET? I thought your ticker said July, but it's not there anymore!
    I'm still desperatley hoping that things go to plan this time, and we might even be doing OPU in the first few days of July.
    Jo

suby Guest

Hi Runnermum, thanks so much for responding...this was my second time on the forum and my first reply. I had also sent a message for blackbird who has adenomyosis but have not heard back. My gyno isn't sure what caused the adenomyosis but said it could have been trauma.....my first childbirth was very short (4 hours) but very painful and intense and with no drugs because I couldn't think b/w the contractions which had been induced. The worst bit was my placenta got stuck and had to be scraped out. If I had known all this was going to give me probs for a second birth I would have had a c section but how could one know? Anyway, have had a lap just over a wek ago and I am still quite sore. I feel that if this pain dpesn't go away the IVF isn't going to work....so I am feeling quite down but will still keep trying IVF. I start the next IVF cycle early July.....I have to try for my little girl so that she can have a baby sis or brother. If it doesn't work that at least I can say I tried my best. I just wish the pain in my tummy would go away and I could feel normal again. By the way, I LOVE running too but gave it away when I got pregnant with my little girl....I used to run about 8km a day. I miss it and have tried to get back into it b/w post natal depression, a miscarriage, my husband getting cancer and now the IVF. Yes, I did have a miscarriage when my daughter was 7 months old so this gives me hope maybe I can get pregant but not sure if I can hold it...Anyway, it will be lovely to hear from you again. Good luck with the IVF next month...I expect I will be having a transfer mid August. Maybe we can meet up one day?

what a lovely reply suby - it breaks my heart to hear stories like yours, and in other ways, it makes me realise I am not alone on this journey to have another baby. Some say 'well at least you have one' - and yes, true. But it is just as heartbreaking not to be able to concieve the second time, because like you, I really want this for my son who is already 4 and half and just LOVES babies.

that is very interesting that you mention trauma possible cause of adenomyosis...I just wish it could be fixed by a magic wand for both of us!!

You are going through so much - and I understand why your running got sidetracked with pregnancy, then p/n depression, miscarriage and cancer....... oh, how much more can happen to someone? Please know that I am here on this forum if you ever need to talk.
    I hope you take some time out for yourself to do other forms of excercise, yoga or hobbies daily........I think this is so important.

thank you for your good wishes. we are going on a little holiday for a week so I will check back next week.
    Huge hugs to you. Keep close to those who love you....how old is your little girl?

Hey Jo,

I'm doing ok, house is up for Auction on Sat so have been a bit pre occupied lol. Yep we were going to go in July but I am noit holding onto much hope as fee's are about to rise. So I thought instead of getting all excited and then hubby saying can't afford it I thought I might holf off until settlement for the house (if we sell it) comes through. Hey maybe hubby might surprise me lmao!!

I have my fingers and everything else crossed that July is the go for you!!

Hugs
    Shazz.
    xx

hi again everyone,
    well, it is not offical, but I really think this month IS THE ONE. I cannot bear it any more and say something to someone, so I decided to post here again. I have my blood test tommorrow, and it is day 30 of my cylce so I am at least 2 days late AND i am very, very lightheaded, dizzy, vague and sleepy. I remember these feelings from having my first child! No, I have not done a home pregnancy test......maybe I am too scared.............if I am not pregnant, then these are truly strange feelings to get (for me) before a period. But I have been fooled before..............but I really, really hope THIS IS OUR MONTH......or else bad news will be very hard to take.

slyder Guest

All the very best RunnerMum. It certainly sounds promising!

*las* Guest

Good luck Runnermum!

Hope this is your month too!

thanks ladies, but sadly it was not. I feel I cannot trust what i feel anymore....I was 3 days late (which is so rare for me) and I was dizzy, vague.....blah, blah like I said. I made it within 2 hours of the blood test before IT came.......just a little bit at first so the nurse said, well, you never know.........but I did as we left the clinic I had THOSE cramps......so I knew it was all over this month.

well, I have 4 embryos left which is something - this takes us up to almost december, after which I will take a break for 2 months - hopefully I will not get that far.

It is frustating to think that my first child was concieved so easily, pregnancy so wonderful.......so now why this? Sorry everyone.........have to rave sometimes don't we? We really just want our child to have a sibling, a friend........

i have to believe it WILL happen one day. I do believe it. Good luck to you Lisa and Rols - if we can survive IVF (emotionally, mentally and finanically!)- other challenges in life seem less dramatic and painful.

*las* Guest

Oh I'm so sorry this cycle wasn't the one

It's so frustrating when our bodies trick us into believing that it's doing something it's not.

I hope we all have much more luck on our next cycles.....we well and truly deserve it!

thanks Lisa - the best of luck to you too........

slyder Guest

RunnerMum, just focus on your 4 remaining embies. I can only speak for myself, but knowing that there is that buffer would be of huge comfort to me. Keep at it, you'll get there without a doubt.

Every time I see your username, I get the guilts about having let me training slip so badly this year. I was running 10km, 5 days a week last running season. Now I am just pathetic.

Oh, Rols - don't feel like that! Slowly start up your running again if you want to........it will no doubt make you feel a million dollars! I know that going for a good hard run (that is, NOT in the 2WW period) makes me feel much, much better, and then I go for slower runs after transfer (and well as swim training and cycling - I am a triathlete).

But mostly, THANK YOU for such a lovely note and being so positive for me. I needed to hear that from someone other than myself. I really do what to believe that there will be a baby brother or sister for my first born........one day.

How is your first cycle going? How many embies did you get? I wish you ALL the luck I have.... You are so much younger than me, so you have a much better chance too.

slyder Guest

I'm happy my little note helped you. I know the thought of having two frozen gives us more opportunity of success before having to do another stim cycle.

Well we're in the TWW. DW got 26 eggs but about half were too mature or immature due to the over-stimulation of her ovaries. Anyway, we had 10 fertilised through straight IVF, 8 normally. Of those 8, we had two hatching blasties and one extended blastie. Would've liked maybe one more to be frozen to be honest, but there's no point being selfish. I was so relieved that we were able to achieve fertilisation in the first place so I shouldn't forget that.

My only gripe at the moment is that we can't tell whether all the symptoms DW is having is a preg. or side effects of the crinone. They seem to both elicit the same physical signs!

As for running, I've done a few 6-8km runs lately which isn't so bad now that the weather is warming up.

Anyway, I will continue to follow your progress with interest. Don't forget about the LTTTC/AC thread - there's quite a few people active on there.

bel4 Guest

hi suby & everyone,
    whoever began this is a genius - yesterday I couldn't stop crying & today I am not alone. Thank you all for sharing your stories. Suby I have been told I may have adeno as well, & when my son was born the doctor had terrible trouble removing the placenta - i wonder if there is a link.
    I so hope things improve for you.

Default My first cycle too

Hi
    I started my first IVF cycle - the "flare cycle". Today (Tues, 19 Aug) I had my first scan and the FS said that she saw 2 follicles. I don't know if this is good, bad or average (I'm 41 - will be 42 in Dec). She also upped my gonal F dosage from 375 to 450 and had me schedule a scan on Friday. I'm wondering what to expect for the remainder of the cycle assuming they can complete the entire cycle. I've read all literature, but it still doesn't give me an idea of what to expect ...only when to make my next appointment & who to call...nor do I have a clue as to whether seeing 2 follicles is OK. I know my dr wants to implant 2 embryos if we have the option of doing so.

Also, I asked the FS whether there would be any flexibility in terms of the date of the follicle extraction, and the FS said "yes, that there are a few days where it would be fine" but after reading the forums it seems that the answer is "no, there is a specific time that is best - and we won't know when that is until the next scan...or the one after that". This has left me confused. I'm a planner (always have been) and I find very hard to manage all this uncertainty.

Also, should one stop having any wine while in the follicle growth phase - should this be treated the same as being pregnant or possibly being pregnant (meaning - no wine, alcohol etc.) or is it ok to have 1 or 2 glasses with lunch once a week? (I don't plan on drinking anything while pregnant - or while possibly pregnant). Also, someone mentioned that I should give up coffee (I have 1 a day) now and not wait to give it up. This was news to me...

I know this is rambling...but replies would be greatly appreciated.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast