Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any other late starters?

Kate, sorry to hear about AF arriving uninvited.
    Sounds as though you're in the perfect place to be distracted though - eat, drink and shop til you drop - best therapy I reckon.
    Good luck with your appointment tomorrow, hope all goes well.
    Sue

Kate, what a shame, take care.
    And enjoy your time in the city. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

which clinic?

And again, enjoy yourself!!

What a great distraction! Our favourite was hitting the Indian restaurants - complete withdrawel symptoms while we were in the north. Oh, and really dressing up! Heaven.
    Have a great time.
    Debbie

Hi Kate
    Just wondering how you went with the doc yesterday?
    Hoping you will be sober enough to respond...
    Sue

KBaby06 Guest

Hi there Debbie, Tam & Sue
    Enjoying Perth... not really drinking that much now...after the first night thought I had better slow down a bit... 1 or 2 is usually my limit these days... and that is usually only once a month!! Although there has been no lack of encouragement my 3 sisters are all big drinkers! It is nice to be with them. The retail therapy has been fabulous.
    Dr visit went well... showed him my charts, he seems to think all is well there, so that's good new. He wants to do a more thorough check so will find out today if I am on the surgery list for next Wednesday (5th April) will be having a Hysteroscopy & Laparoscopy & D&C to give everything a good check out. He will also will do a Lletz Cone biopsy to remove a couple of troublesome cells from my cervix.... was going to leave it as it is not a major thing but given I will be under anyway thought he may as well get it done....
    Will let you know what happens today.... calling into see if I am on the list.
    Ciao for now ... and thank you all for your well wishes.
    Kate

PS hope all is going well with you guys....

I agree Kate, get all the 'research' done in one go. Hopefully, they can get you in on Wednesday so you don't have to make another trip to Perth. But, then again..... :-k
    Do your sisters know of your situation? Hopefully, if they do, they're supportive. My sister falls at the drop of a hat and has absolutely no idea or concept of what I used to go through.
    Chin up girl, sounds like you're happy with your doctor, that's important. When you get to our age, it's comforting to know your charts are normal!
    Take care.
    Love
    Sue

Kate, looks as if you are in the right place just now. I remember the old cyclone watches! Hope your husband is fine up there.
    Take care
    Debbie

KBaby06 Guest

Hi there Debbie & Sue
    Yes the Cyclone gave me a sleepless night worrying about things at home... TC Glenda went right over our place... (we are 35k's East from Onslow and 80ks South of Mardie) the whole house was shaking literally and I had to sit down while hubby was telling me about it all over the phone, it is much easier to be there... the noise was just horrendous and that was only what I could hear over the phone... house held together although the rain was horizontal and came in through the windows ... hubby and dog are both fine, thank god! We've lost most of the trees so the yards are a real mess some of the sheds have damage but nothing that cant be repaired. All over now just worreid about flooding as roads are out to town, but pantry and freezers fully stocked so not a real prob... hubby has a freezer full of prepared dinners that I did before heading to the city so he will be fine.
    Got in for Surgery on Wednesday ...will get results back Mon 10th so all on track... my sisters are pretty good, as are the few friends I have told so that's a good thing... I'm pretty lucky really on the whole.
    I'm heading off for a nanna nap as have a dinner out tonight with a couple of pals... ciao for now
    Kate

Kate, glad you got on the list ok & good that you're getting it all done at once & whilst asleep!

Cyclone was pretty bad so lucky DH & dog are ok, & lucky he's got all those dinners you prepared.

Take care

Hi Kate
    Just wanted to wish you luck for your search and destroy mission tomorrow.
    Enjoy your big sleep :sleeping:
    Sue

Hi Kate, wishing you all the best for your surgery today.

Thank goodness we're back on the air, for a little while anyway. :smt102
    So, Kate, how was the op? Wanted to ask before we were all thrown into BB darkness again...
    Hope you have some answers.
    Sue

KBaby06 Guest

Hi there... back home again, but very bad connection as have phone problems here... so may not be able to check in too often for the next week or so.. that's life in the bush!
    All went well in Perth with OP etc more on next installment....
    Thanks everone for your well wishes and concern.
    Ciao for now
    Kate

Hi Kate
    Wondering if cyber things are behaving now and wondering how you are?
    Sue

KBaby06 Guest

Back again... cyber things seem to be behaving again at last.
    Update on post surgery Dr visit...
    The peak inside showed that I have a right rudimentary horm (non-communicating) left fallopian tube is fine but right doesn't connect to the main uterus. Both ovaries are healthy and uterus is 7/8 of normal size so would support pregnancy no probs... He noted some minimal old inactive endo which he tidied up but all else appears "normal"

Gave me a couple of options to think about...
    1. continue on clomid
    2. pursue follicle tracking when next in Perth with Hubby

have decided to go with option 1 until December and then reveiw everything then depending on results and how we both feel then.

I guess this effectively halves the chances of preg as the right tube is not delivering the egg/s to the uterus... but at least we know what is happening inside and can adjust things accordingly... not sure if this is a common thing... as per usual had a hundred more questions after I stepped out of the surgery. Might give Dr a call later this week.

Would be interested to know if anyone else has had same diagnosis?

Still I guess we just stay positive and see what fate has in store for us!
    :-k
    Thanks again for your concern and sorry for the lack of communication on my part....
    Ciao Kate

Hi Kate
    It's good that you now know what's going on down there. Also glad to hear the endo is old and inactive.
    It's amazing what the body can do isn't it - the right fallopian tube I mean. I haven't had that happen but my naturopath told me a story. I know I've mentioned it in here before - a lot of people don't believe it but I was with my naturopath for many years and know she wouldn't have been fibbing. She had a client who had tried for years and years - no luck. Only had a left ovary and a right tube (might have those around the wrong way...). Anyway, she ended up pg, obviously her right tube was determined to get that egg!!!
    December isn't that far away, hoping Clomid does the trick for you.
    Cheers
    Sue

KBaby06 Guest

Hi Sue
    Thanks for quick response... I've really missed bb and our chats!
    The Dr explained it all pretty well, it appears that that is how the uterus developed when I was being put together... 7/8ths is normal and the other 1/8 formed this right rudimentary horn that the right fallopian tube connects too.... From my reading the body alternates ovulation ie right side one month and left the next. I asked if he could tell what ovary had ovulated as according to my charts I had ovulated the day before surgery (which was very handy) he said it was very clearly the left side.

I feel more empowered now that I know what is going on in there it was reassuring to know that he does not think the rudimentary horn is sufficient reason for delayed fertility.. so things can still happen.

Bye the way, have you heard from your Italian and booked your detour???

Ciao for now
    Kate

Well, you certainly sound positive and confident - that's such a huge part of it!
    What an amazing thing to happen to your ute. The human body never ceases to amaze me.
    No need to comment on the quick response.
    Actually, told myself this morning I'd only come in here once today - heaps of jobs to do. So, I went outside and saw that my seaside daisies have been poisoned :-k I have a feeling a know who did it. Apart from it being done, now I have to get in and pull them out cause they're brown and had formed a lovely groundcover, it's in an area that is very slopey and my foot's b*ggered atm. :fuming: Then, I decided to change focus and do something productive inside as weeding is out of the question due to foot. One of my kitchen corner cupboards hasn't been closing exactly right and bumping the drawers and I decided I could fix that..... So armed with screwdriver and Van Morrison blaring (to annoy aforementioned poisoner) I went to work. Long story short, after a while I ended up with the whole door in my left hand trying to hold it in place without bending my toes to avoid more foot pain. Needless to say that was impossible. Somehow, I got it back on :boggle: and of course, it closes in exactly the same way as it did before I operated.
    Obviously, I needed a mood alterer really badly, so I'm back here.
    Sorry for that little outburst....
    Heard from Risotto this week. He is in Prague for a few days then Budapest. He's now doing tours all around Europe, not just Italy so I'm not sure how I'm going to squeeze him in - so to speak
    Take care
    Sue

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast