Thread: Bleeding during TWW: when is it too much

Default Bleeding during TWW: when is it too much

i am so worried, it's driving me crazy. i am currently in the TWW and i am supposed to test on fri 30th may 5 days to go. anyway on thur night i had a slight brown spotting and all day fri had brown spotting. last night it turned to red and it's a bit slimy. i am using crinone gel which is irritating the crap out of me and i may even have slight thrush.
    well this morn i did a preg test and got a faint 2nd line but still had red blood all day. no cramping but my bb are not as sore and bloating doesn't seem to be as bad.
    anyway i phoned fs and he said i didn't have to take last 4 crinone if it is irritating me so much and thats one pos but they said this might be threatened mc or start of one.
    it's just a waiting game and i've never had this before although i have had 3 mc in the past and i don't think they were like this. it was a long time ago.
    i just don't know , but i guess it's a waiting game hoping the bleeding stops. sorry to ramble on but i am at home all day today and it's become a bit obsessive for me.
    janet

Hi JBM,

Firstly I just want to give you a big hug I really know how you feel with the bleeding thing - I completely freaked out, but I had a really good nurse at the clinic I go to who said that some women bleed all the way through and not to panick. I had brown spoting for 2 days (about 3 days after Tfr) then blood (red blood). My FS said that as long at the blood is red or brown and not clotted it is OK. I haven't been on the crinone gel I have had progesterone pesseries combined with progynova and estogene patches (which sound like a dream compaired to what you have gone through) 2 pesseries in the morning and 2 at night, the only draw back with the pesseries is that you have to lay down for 1 hour after insertion morning and night, they also give you a little cramping for the first few days after the Tfr.

Anyway I really hope you get a BFP with your test on the 30th, I will be thinking of you 6 sleeps to go! Hang in there

Hi Janet .. I just posted in your blog! Am hoping with all my might that AF has subsided! Hang in there OK!
    Mon

not stopped yet getting heavier, still no cramps or clots but feels like af is here. not the month for me i guess. lets just focus on next time. i have had 3 mc in past 2 before 1st child and one before last. the thing is i know i can fall preg i just need to keep them .
    thanks for your support

DaniW Guest

Default Same Situation

Hi! I am in the same exact situation.

Had FET on 5/19; then on 5/23 had little bit of pink spotting (when I wiped-sorry for TMI); then on 5/24 had more of a red spotting and today 5/25 have brown spotting. I am soo scared-same thing happened last month and it was BFN. It's a little more then "spotting" but not enough for a tampon or even a pantyliner. Also, no cramping or clotting. I am currently taking estrace 2x a day and PIO shots.

I had a fresh IVF cycle last November and got pregnant but miscarried in January. I had 9 frozen embies did FET last month and now this month-none left since not all made it to thawing.

My test date isnt until 5/28!

This has become a complete nightmare! This is our 6th attempt (3 IUI's, 1 IVF, 2 FET)...I just want a little baby...I will NEVER give up!

to dani thanks for your reply, well just did another test today just in case and a very very faint line not as strong as before so it is really over for me this round. getting anormal period now, no cramping but some small clotting. bit sad but i am just moving onto the next one i figure if i lose this one then the chances of keeping the next one is higher . best wishes for you, they said at the clinic unless the blood gets heavy and you get clots theres still a chance of BFP.
    janet

Hi JBM

I bled for 3 weeks - lightly both brown and light blood from 6DPO. (2wk + 6days)
    I thought it was AF - then got a +ve blood test.
    Had scan at 6 weeks... showed it was a large implantation bleed... and the dr said it does happen sometimes.

I am now 19 weeks so i hope it settles and you get your BFP soon

pink palace. i pray that this could be the case but it just keeps getting heavier and did another test and second line is barely visable where as 1st time it was easily visable. thanks for your positive words. but i'm focussing on the next round.

Hi ladies

I had my ET last Friday 23rd and havent had any spotting or discoloured Crinone discharge since but last night when i took the Crinone applicator out, there was some red blood on the end of it where the gel comes out. I havent had any blood when i have wiped this morning so i dont know what that was all about? Anyone experienced anything similar or should i be ringing the clinic to let them know?

Sorry im a first timer so not sure what to expect.

paula, apparently you can have some blood around cervix they told me that was norm, try not to worry, heres me talking, i worried myself sick . but i have learnt from this experience and next time i will not be testing until date, that is uless i get heavy bleeding like this time. lots of prayers for you
    janet