Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception #2 April 07

Female1973, I just want to wish you luck with your IVF journey. I won't go into my side effects as I just about had the worst time imaginable, including getting OHSS! The information the clinic gives you should go into the side effects, but I can type up a list for you if you are eager to know what they are before hand.

I think I'm really on the way up with this OHSS thing! I actually felt up to leaving the house for a bit today so talked DH into taking me out for lunch - just the food court at shopping centre so nothing too fantastic. From there it was off to the bookshop and then a little bit of fruit and veg shopping, which has got me damned tired now! I think it ended up being just a little bit too much for me... but it was GOOD to get out of the house, even if only for a little while!

BW

BW - i so know what you mean about the getting out of the house thing - and the shopping being tiring thing!! just got home from doing the shopping - we tend to do one big shop per month, and a couple of smaller "fruit and veg" shops in between - today was big shop day - and we took my nephew with us - have never been so glad to say goodbye to him!!! he was very demanding today - manners (which are normally really good) were non-existent, and he wanted everything!! needless to say, he got nothing more than lunch - and a stern talking to! i know kids can be a bit obnoxious during holidays, and i'm ok with that, but there still have to be limits and he was well and truly overstepping them (think he'd been doing the same at home, cos my brother was very keen for a break for a couple of hours!). all came out ok though - was just very ready for a bit of a break by the time i got home! am kicking back now or a little while before i go and take the clothes of the line - and hating the very pesky, and equally dopey, little black flies that are hanging around at the moment!

Female1973 - everyone reacts really differently to the meds - thankfully i've had minimal side effects so far - no headaches from the synarel (i have a sore nose now though cos i can only use it in one nostril!), some AF type cramping - and when AF did try to show, it was very nasty this time around. you might feel some bloating and things like that.

well, am now four injections down, and putting it frankly, i don't feel anything - and am really concerned. last time around, on the smaller dosage, i at least had some twinges that made me think i was responding to the puregon - but nothing so far - well, not nothing, but nothing unusual - it still feels ustlike a i did a few days after starting on the synarel. i don't know if i can deal with another cancelled cycle - has anyone else had a good response to puregon for IUI - and yet felt nothing? i'm starting to get a little stressed about the whole thing now!

HI there,
    BG- It may only be early days yet, I was on mine for 12 days and only really started to feel tenderness nearer the end. Last time I was on the injections for ages - they just kept upping the dose, I wouldn't have thought they would cancel a cycle - just up the dose. When is your scan?
    Sounds like you had fun today with your nephew! Taking kids shopping is usually a nightmare, how old is he?
    BW- Ohh, I'm glad what I said made sense! Great to hear that you are feeling better. It must have been nice to get out of the house for a bit, just to stop you going stir crazy. Just rest up tonight!....Not long til your next appointment now!
    Kotare- Hi there, how long til you start injections? Are you doing gonalF or puregon? Yep, probably is best to hold out til the BT, but it is just so agonising!!!! I feel a little better atm as I was looking at TwoMums old posts and they HPTed on 10DPO and got a neg and then a positive at 12dpo - so there is still hope, it aint over til the fat lady sings, or in this case til AF shows her ugly face!
    Female73- goodluck in your IVF journey! Symptoms I had were nausia from the pill, shocking headaches from syneral (first time around had hot flushes),from the GF abdominal tenderness near the ovaries, nausia and thirst and thrush from the crinone (i'm prone to it!). Everyone is different though! And it's all worth it if you get that BFP!

HI Carrie - glad to see you're holding out hope - it's always hard to stay positive after a BFN hun, but you're still early in the TWW - Friday will be the tell! i've got my fingers and toes crossed for you!!
    i have my next BT on Wednesday - depending on how my estrogen levels are, i may have scan thursday or friday. last time around i had my cycle cancelled due to no significant response after 10 days of injections - 6 days of 75IU and 4 days of 100IU - FS said i was having no response so they'd rather stop it, give my body a break and then start again. even after that, AF didn't show, so my body is well and truly screwy!! this time around i've had 3 days 150IU, and one of 100IU (last night) - i just really want to know that my body is doing what it's supposed to! i was such a wreck last time when nothing happened and it started a nasty spiral into an almost-breakdown - don't want to put myself (or DH) through that again!
    Sazz - how you doing hun? haven't heard much from my cycle buddy this weekend!

Thanks for the good vibes BG!
    I can't believe you were cancelled last time! That must have been awful, no wonder you are stressing now. I though they just kept upping it, as last time for me I had no response so was kept on injections of higher doses for around 3 weeks. So I will now send you follie growing vibes: grow grow!!!!!! and keep my fingers and toes crossed for you too and throw in a for goodluck (hope I dont get into trouble for too many smilies hehe!

thanks Carrie!

i went back to FS after last time, and he told me that, in some circumstances, they will keep increasing the dosage until they get the required response, but didn't want to do that with me until they'd tried another way first. i guess it may be different with IUI compared to IVF? i don't know! i was a mess on the day - ended up so upset, and poor DH is like "what can i do?" - i still don't think he gets how much something like that makes you feel like such a failure as a woman - it's bad enough that you can't get pg naturally, but to have no response to 3 different strengths of clomid, be told you're a pretty good candidte for IUI, and then have your body refuse to cooperate - it just didn't do much for me at all! i'm trying so hard to be positive at the moment, but i'm relly struggling atm!!

Ikwym - sometimes it all gets a bit too much. Not knowing what is happening inside your body is a killer and being unable to exert any influence as to the outcome is even worse. I suppose all we can do is hope, pray, do positive visualisations and support each other as much as possible. You are such a fanstastic support to everyone else, just make sure that you let us know when you are struggling so we can lend some back. :hugs: sweety, I really hope that you get a good result this time, although I do understand how as much as you try to stay positive sometimes it's really hard to keep that doubt away. Just know that I and many others here understand how difficult it is and are here for you.

thanks carrie

wouldn't you know it - posted that i was stressing about not feeling anything - and hey presto, i start getting nice, very uncomfy, pains on myleft ovary!! isn't it always the way?? still stressing, and will probably be stressing until i get my results Wednesday afternoon, but hey, at least i've felt something now - if only for a few minutes (went away again while i was typing this!!)

BG It is always the way, you mention something and then it starts.
    Carrie Hope your doing well
    BW Glad that you got our of the house even if only for a little while

My appointment is this week, it kinda scary now that its so close but im actually worried about my blaze attitude towards, maybe its just my mechanism to cope with it all.

Summer - i will be honest and say i didn't get nervous or excited about the appointment right up until i arrived - in fact, i really just took at as another step and i didn't feel emotional in any way - kinda like a visit to the accountant!! i think the biggest thing i felt was guilt that i wasn't feeling anything else - and the thought of "if i'm not feeling anything, does that mean i'm not ready/don't really want this?" - i know that's not what it was, just my way of dealing with it - second appointment was worse - had to get all of the pre-screening test results and pick up meds/get taught how to do the injections/broach the subject that me and metformin just didn't agree... that was the appointment where they decided to go with IUI.

my last appointment, which i thought i'd be really nervous about, wasn't a drama - i'd had my cycle cancelled the week before, and needed to find out what was going to happen next - and yet i felt really calm about it - weird! i think a lot of it just comes down to us learning how to cope emotionally - and one thing this TTC journey has taught me is how to try and deal with my emotions...

good luck with your appointment this week - here's hoping the next couple of days at work are busy enough to keep you distracted (and if not, go home and indulge in your TV addiction on that nice new telly!!)

BG - YAY!! That's great!
    Summer- Yep, it wasn't until after my appointment when I knew we were starting the process straight away that I got excited. I hope your appointment goes well and that the days go quickly for you.
    Oh, I said in another thread, but I'll say it again, I LOVE your new AV, the hair is Fab!!

Thanks BG. I guess I felt that the DR thought because I knew so much about things that i was ready to have all the forms signed and ready to go, esp after his questions about our health insurance and giving us all these other forms, we wouldnt have to wait long to start etc. The one thing that I have to ask and if I dont there will be a lot fo angry people is the extended metformin other than that, he just needs to tell us where to next.

The TV is getting its own workout from DH....

Thanks Carrie! The new hair is more like what i have at the moment, I had long hair but being in an angry mood hating myself need to change I chopped it all off VERY VERY short and its been growing back ever since. Its only at my shoulders but the streaks arethere too but are in major need to be redone
    Last edited by Violet Star; April 9th, 2007 at 10:35 PM. Reason: more info

yeah, that's exactly how i felt by the time we got to visit our FS - we've been through all this other stuff, we know where we're at, tell me what to do and i'm there. i had a delay from my FS appointment to starting the synarel of nearly 6 weeks because of christmas - that was really hard to deal with!! the visit after i'd started the synarel was the only one so far that i've felt anxious - i'm guessing the next one with the clinic will be a bit different as i'm concerned about not responding, so i just want to get the scan out of the way!!

twinges from before have gone again! but at least i've felt SOMETHING!!! maybe my body has just become so used to feeling pain that it's decided to block the pain messages reaching my brain (either that, or i've felt such nasty things lately, that i'm feeling it and managing to ignore it completely!!)

HI Guys, Hope you all had a great Easter.....I am sitting here laboriously printing off our thank you cards from the wedding......just a tad late!! The Boy has gone to bed....figures!!!
    I am trying to do a mail merge with a digiscrapped photo on one side and a thank you note on the other...I am beginning to think it would have been quicker to do them one by one...now I can't go to bed till it has finished cos I have to flip them to print the other side...grrr.
    On the baby front we are still not sure what we are going to do...we have racked our brains and short of selling the house we can't squeeze any money out of the stone especially since we are on one income. So I am going to make an appointment with the FS tomorrow and see what he can recommend re natural methods to improve our chances fo getting a succesful pregnancy naturally. Geoff even signed up for all the game shows this week hoping we might actually win some money!!

BW thats great that you got 4 snowbubs. I know how disappointed you feel losing the rest but really 4 is good. I have a friend who only got 2 and we went from 17 eggs 12 fertilized to 2 embies so to me 4 is a nice number...has good numerolgy and feng shui attached to it too!! I am also praying AF shows up soon for you so that the damned OHSS can bugger off for good and you can get on with getting preggas!!

BG try not to stress over not feeling anything..I think I only felt a bit twingy down there towards the last few days before pickup...before then I was sure it wasnt doing anything. I am sure the first scan will show a nice bunch of 12-14mm eggies waiting for you.

Welcome to madhouse Female1973. With reagrd to side effects I got none....well maybe a small headahce towrds the end of the synarel/lucrin but I stil think that was because my neck needed cracking not from the drugs. I tell you what though the oral medications they give you if you do an assisted thaw cycle are nasty...nausea central headachy moody b*&&h from hell I was and am just starting to clear them from my system now a week later. I have been bleeding ever since we stopped taking the meds when junior didnt thaw and I suppose it will continue until real AF shows up whenever that is...great..NOT!!

G and I are nnot coping too well at the moment...just sorta going through the motions and trying to process it all...we drowned our sorrows with easter eggs hot cross buns and cointreau jaffa white choc cheesecake (homemade of course with 5 shots of cointeau instead of 1!) over the weekend. I realised just before I had just eaten 120 carbohydrates of easter egg since tea time.....so gonna go straight to my hips!!
    And that was after 3 slices of pizza for tea......hmmm...

bugger bugger pooh bum...gotta go just ran out of ink...arrrghhhhh!!!!

I feel like I've just had my first night of normal sleep since before the EPU! Lately, I've been waking up in pain, and completely unable to spend any more time laying down around 5 or 6 am... I still kept waking up (to use the bathroom - I think my body is ejecting some of that fluid at last!), but I also kept going back to sleep... My latest wake up was just before 9am, and I thought I'd best get up then, but I could happily have gone back to sleep, too.

Mel, I hope the FS has some ideas for you to go natural for a while. I was sitting here quite happily knowing that we had the money to jump in to another cycle this year if we needed to, but then we had to pay the hospital, fix DH's car... and it's just not there any more! Hopefully our little snowbubs are nice and sticky, so it's just not an issue, but it is a really sick feeling. I'm a little worried about the FET transfers to come, with my PCOS I just don't ovulate on my own so natural cycles are out. It's pretty much an unknown quantity for me... I'm sure we'll get in trouble for having our appointment so close to EPU (one piece of paper said 4 weeks afterwards, another 5, I asked the clinic and they put me in for an appointment 10 days later), but it will be good to know what is ahead, even though it will be a while before we get started.

BG, I hope your body is doing what it's supposed to be doing. Just remember, with IUI you only want a couple of follies so feeling a lot from your ovaries would be a sign that they are swinging to the other extreme... and I'm sure you don't want to go from one cycle cancelled due to no response to the next cycle cancelled because of an over response! (Although, it would be just the thing that would happen to me if we were trying it!). I can't believe your blood test is tomorrow! Time is flying way too fast at the moment... which then means my appointment is the day after that, and Summer's the day after that... it's coming through thick and fast at the moment!

Summer, I do hope all the test results aren't too overwhelming and that there'll be some good news generously sprinkled in with the rest. I'll be hitting up my FS for slow release metformin too - The wrath of metformin and sore, swollen ovaries does not mix well!

Carrie, any thoughts on how the TWW is going to pan out?

As eager as I am to have AF arrive so we can start on the next stage, I'm pretty excited to have got to a week after EPU and still not have AF. Last time I had a trigger shot, AF was here a week afterwards, so the fact that it's now been 10 days since my trigger is very encouraging. I guess it just goes to show that the thing on my ovary wasn't a follie, but was a cyst after all, and that perhaps my LP isn't as shocking as first thought. I've been looking at the FET protocols this morning - There's one that uses progynova and progesterone pessaries... seeings I still have crinone in my fridge I suspect that may be what they go with - how bad is progynova? There doesn't seem to be any list of side effects for it.

BW

Hi everyone - well it is over and out for our first cycle AF decided to turn up in the middle of the night Sunday night.. 4 whole days before my BT.

Won't do the whole personals thing but just thought I would pop in with the update.

Take Care

I'm sorry to hear that, Smudge. :hugs:

BW

Sorry Smudge.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast