Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception #2 April 07

Good Morning Ladies!

BW - Just wanted to say that AF for me after each cycle has been exactly what you're experiencing... Mel is right, its because of the build up of the lining. Because you have been having the acupuncture on top, it would be especially heavy also... Good to see that what Leah is doing is working!
    You can check with your FS about taking anything to help it, however, from my experiance, its best to just let it go.
    I spoke to my acupuncturist last time, and she made me promise not to do anything but let it do its own course... apparently from a chinese medicinal point of view, they believe that AF is the body cleansing itself, and to let your body create its own amount of blood flow to rid itself of everything "old & stagnant"... if that makes any sense???!!!

BG - Sweetie, I admire your strength & positive attitude... Its the only way to continue this fight we all have on our hands!!!
    It usually only takes a short while to gain some clarity again, and once you speak to your FS with a new plan of attack, you will be just as enthusiastic as you were when you very first started!!!
    I also, used to look at this with the attitude of karma (and have used the chinaman thing, also!) - I once even had my cards read and asked the man reading them about this theory!!!
    He said that karma is not that cruel... sometimes it sure as hell feels that way though!

Hi to everyone else, and eagerly awaiting a post from Carrie to confirm everything tomorrow!!!!

Love Holly
    xxx

PS - BW - On our first cycle when we didn't have anything transferred, AF showed up within 10 days also.... FS said it was because the lining was built up in preperation throughout the cycle, but without the crinone, there was nothing to hold it all in place... if there's no transfer, then get it out as soon as possible I say!!!!

Holly
    xxx

Thanks, Holly and Mel... I'm really hating it! The pain has kicked in this morning - so just as I start feeling better from the OHSS, I'm now doubled over in agony with cramps - can't win. I have an acupuncture appointment this evening, so hopefully Leah will be able to do something to help... damn good thing I'm off work at the moment!

Still feeling nervous about the appointment today - my brain has grabbed hold of the 4 weeks thing as opposed to 11 days... yes, I was confused and drugged up when I was making the appointment, and I feel that I've got a lot of questions I want to ask now, and I'll probably forget them in 4 weeks (heck, I think I've forgotten some of them already!)... and I'm confused about what is to come next with going back on the pill and stuff, but I just can't shake the feeling that I've done something terribly wrong and I'm about to get in trouble - ugh!

I may not make it back until quite late tonight. Not feeling keen on the Windsor - Parramatta - Windsor - Rozelle - Windsor drive today, it gets exhausting even when I'm feeling well, so I may go hang out at a friend's place in between which should let me rest up and reduce the driving just a bit.

There really are so many of us doing it tough... in the ideal world we would all meet up for coffee and have a big rant together and walk away feeling so much better. It's just a shame we are all so spread out it's not physically possible. Sending big to everyone who needs them and praying that Carrie's blood test tomorrow is just the start of better news to come in here.

ETA: and thanks again, Holly! Although, the fact that I only got 8 days is still worrying me a bit. 10 I could have coped with, the scientists told me between 10 and 14 days, 8 is just a wee bit shorter than I would like - I guess I shall know more in a few hours.

BW

female1973 Guest

Kotare - Thankyou for your information . I have the same thoughts as you I prepared for the journey even if it has to have side affects as we so want a baby.
    By the way we are neighbours - I live in Narre Warren

Butter-warrior - Sorry to hear about OHss -I have been warned of that side effect .
    I would appreciate a list of side affects just so if they happen, I will know its all normal.
    I start the injections ,etc middle of next month so a very nervous time for me - never thought it would be this hard to get pregnant.
    Thank again

Hi Carrie - thanks for letting me know your symptoms - at least I will be half prepared if they happen to me - Good Luck to you to
    Last edited by sushee; April 12th, 2007 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly_warrior View Post
    There really are so many of us doing it tough... in the ideal world we would all meet up for coffee and have a big rant together and walk away feeling so much better. It's just a shame we are all so spread out it's not physically possible.
    I just wanted to say i agree with that so much, but i still feel like you girls have saved my sanity and made me feel soo much better over these last months. I am so grateful to you all. (as is DH, who can't believe how much better i am coping these days)

Carrie - good luck for tomorrow - we are all needing some more news.

Hi Ladies
    I'm new to the site..just wanted to say how amazing you all are! I'm sitting here waiting for EPU tomorrow...reading your 'journeys' over the past weeks has bought me to tears (don't you love these side effects!) the strength of each of you and support you give is awesome...best wishes.

Ellie - Welcome to the site and all the very best of luck for EPU tomorrow, hope it goes well. Have to agree with you BB is a great site - i truley wouldn't have made it this far if it wasn't for the lovely peeps on here helping me through

Carrie - How are you feeling? Good luck tomorrow with the BT

BG - i'm so so sorry to read your news Your attitude is great and i wish you all the luck in the world for you next cycle.

Sazz - hope all goes well with your scan

Hi to everyone else i missed.

Still nothing happening here, sniffing away on my syranel AF still hasn't shown and my BB's are killing me apart from that all is well

hi ladies

elle - welcome to BB hun, and good luck for your EPU tomorrow

BW - how'd you go with your first big day out? hoping it wasn't too tiring, and that you've managed to get answers from your FS

Sazz - good luck for tomorrow hun - looking forward to hearing how well those little follies are developing

thanks for all your kind words - i agree with so much of what has been said - if it wasn't for BB i don't think i'd have made it through the past couple of months. everyone else here seems to just "get" what i'm feeling, and being able to share what i'm feeling with people who understand has been huge. i think i've grown to know a few people on here really well, so i'm comfy in expressing what i'm feeling - even if it is the bad stuff - so i'm dealing with it so much better, and your support has helped me immensely (and DH - he loves you all to bits!!).

well, the past 24 hours has been very different to what i expected. I honestly thought that the cry i'd had when i first heard cycle was cancelled again was just the start of a massive melt down - but i'm doing surprisingly well. yeah, i'm still upset, but not that "i'm gonna bawl any second" kind of upset (thought i was almost there once today at work!). i took myself off to bed a lot earlier than normal last night, and figured i'd have a really rough night - but by the time DH had his shower, i was out like a light, and didn't stir til his alarm went off this morning - probably the first solid night sleep i've had in weeks. i still feel really flat, but not the way i expected. maybe putting my thoughts into words on here last night helped out more than i thought, cos i'm coping so much better than i expected!

DH has just walked in the door, so i think we're off to see my brother - he's flying back to WA for a month or so tomorrow, so want to say goodbye (plus DH decided we'd have Pizza for dinner since we're going into town - not particulalry good for the diet, but it sounds so damn good!!)

Hi there Mel, thanks for that info. That’s a relief! Hope you and Dh are doing well and that you find a way to go forward with the IVF really soon.
    BW- Hope the appointment has gone ok today hun! I agree, how good would it be if we could all get together for a coffee and rant?!
    Female- Yep, it is such a nerve wracking time doing IVF. I hope that it all goes well for you.
    Ellie- Hi there! Good luck for the EPU tomorrow!! It’s great to have you join us!
    BG- You are doing so well sweetie, I’m glad that although it is such a difficult time, you are finding that you are able to cope. You must have been exhausted last night, so a good sleep has probably also helped a bit. Have a nice pizza pigout, you deserve it!!
    Hi to Boo, Holly and Kotare, thanks, so much for the well wishes for the BT. I’m pretty scared about it! I’ll come on and let you all know as soon as I know! for a good result. Hope you are all going really well!

I'm back, I'm tired, I'm in LOTS of pain (that will teach me to forget my meds when I go out!), but I have survived.

Won't be able to go into full details, I need to go curl up with my heat pack and wait for the pain meds to kick in...

but... Tomorrow I start drugs for a trial run of the ovulation induction process that will be used for the FETs if possible - letrazole, if anyone has heard of it. I got another lecture about my frame of mind and changing my focus, and congratulations for having the 4 blasts in the freezer, but ultimately, I walked out pretty happy.

Back later... if I'm still awake...

BW

Hi All,
    BG... Sweety, I'm so sorry that you got cancelled again. I am cursing my work timetable that I missed your message last night and havent seen it till just now. I feel bad about rambling on yesterday about me and my ovaries! You poor thing!!! I must say though that you seem to be in such a strong way emotionally about this. I really admire you and the way you have handled it.. you are an inspiration to a lot of us here in this thread but I'm sure you dont even know it! Heres hoping your FS can figure out your cycling to get you organised really soon. Meantime, be good to yourself.. lots of treats!
    Hi Ellie!!! Welcome to the madhouse, and best wished for EPU tomorrow, I wont be far behind you with mine hopefully on monday. Are you having IVF or ICSI?
    BW, sorry AF is being such a mean cow. I have felt the same way after each cycle, (not that it's much different for me normally anyhow). Just know that the drugs did what they were supposed to do for your uterus!
    Boo, hope she turns up for you soon so your BBs get some relief! Keep on sniffing....so tasty isnt it?
    Carrie, we are all sitting here with everything crossed that your results come back quickly to give everyone here a little boost. Good luck and let us know ASAP ( we will understand if you have to tell DH first but we want to be second lol)
    Hi to everyone else. I want to add that I agree with everyone else here that you all make me: laugh, shed a tear or two, feel important, better informed, feel I'm understood and not alone, and give me strength and hope!!!! I hope I do the same for you all too!
    Me, I'm quite uncomfy now and will be heading to bed early tonight after a naughty tea of pizza. mmmmm it was good though!
    Will come on tomorrow night to let you know my progress with the scan...
    Hugs from Sazz

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW GIRLS!!
    Carrie- fingers crossed for the blood test
    Ellie- hello there and good luck for EPU. i noiced you from perth...me too....who are you going through?
    im seeing dr mazzucchelli and concept fertility clinic at King Edward Memorial Hospital.

well, seems tomorrow is a HUGE day for this thread!!

Sazz - good luck with your scan hun
    Carrie - fingers crossed for a nice high hCG level for you to confirm your pg
    Ellie - good luck for EPU
    Summer - hope you get the answers you need from your FS tomorrow.

BW - woo hoo, as tired as you sound, at least you sound content with your appointment outcome. and YAY on starting again tomorrow (albeit a trial run) - that's awesome hunny!

well, the visit to my brother ended in tears, but not cos anyone deliberately upset me - we were initially only going to visit for half hour or so, but they hadn't eaten dinner and asked us to stay (for KFC - even WORSE for the diet than pizza! there's no KFC where bro lives in WA...) anyhow, i took SIL into the shops to get dinner and was telling her what happened (told bro earlier today), and all was going really well til just after dinner. SIL's cousin turned up with her newborn - and i just HAD to leave. told SIL it wasn't cos of the baby, but i almost ran getting out of there! turned the music in the car up really loud, wound the window down (it's really cold) and drove home without talking to DH - ended up in tears when we got home. was almost afraid to come inside. he asked why, and i tried to put my thoughts into words - told him i couldn't come inside cos i was so upset, and i knew if he did even the smallest thing to get to me, i'd yell at him, and it wasn't his fault, and i just didn't want to do that to him - burst into tears, which lasted only a few seconds, and then i was ok to come inside. he's sitting on the couch beside me reading the paper - and so far so good, i haven't exploded!!!

two more weeks - i've waited longer than that - i KNOW i can make it to the next FS appointment with my sanity intact!!!

oh yeah - woo hoo - this is the last time my bro is going back to WA!!!! he got a job today at home, starting in a few weeks!! plus he might need an assistant, so DH might have a new job soon. woo hoo woo hoo woo hoo!!

Ok, I have just caught up on all the news, that will teach me next time! I will try to reply to almost everyone if possible, but will say a BIG hello just in case I miss some

Megan - Hope you have a great holiday.

BW - Glad to hear that you DH is taking care of you. Gosh, I hope some of that pain leaves you soon.

BG - Is your u/s on your lymph glands tomorrow? Hope all goes well. Glad to hear you had a solid nights sleep last night too. Have you been able to get some of the gastrolyte icy poles yet? I had some for DD, and I thought they were horriblly yuck! Hope they taste better than the drink.

Smudge - So sorry to hear about your last cycle. lots of hugs

Shannon - Hope all went well today with your lap

Lou - Hope your missing file makes an appearance soon! Sounds like you had an interesting easter!

Carrie - OMG @ your +ve HPT!! So excited and happy for you. Will you have the results tomorrow from your B/T? We have to wait a couple of days for results as they are sent away.

Holly - Good to hear that your DH's tests came back all good.

Sazz - Your sparrows fart time at 7.30 gave me a good laugh, thanks

Well, had my progesterone B/T today, wrote about it in my journal (which I started yesterday) She got 2 vials from my right arm and then the blood flow stopped just after she started on the 3rd one. Had to go to the left arm. I walked out of there into the waiting room with a little cotton ball on each arm LOL. I had a little laugh at some of the look on people's faces PMSL.

Nic

good morning everyone
    hope everything goes well for the girls having blood tests, scans and EPU.
    just a quick question, this is my first ever cycle of IVF. i have been on synarel for 3 1/2 weeks now and started on 100IU of puregon wednesday. i am finding it so hard to wake up now and was asleep in bed by 8.15 last night. is it normal to be so drained? i have been taking elevit for 2 months now so i know its not my iron levels. DH is a bit shocked coz usually i am bouncing off the walls. he thinks it might just be from being anxious and the whole experience being new to me... WDYT?

Sonya, I had the same fatigue type thing happening when I was on synarel. I thought it was because I wasn't getting to sleep in on the weekends like normal as I could never get back to sleep after taking my morning dose. Fatigue isn't in the list of usual side effects, though.

I'm racing around trying to get ready for DH's urologist appointment... big woohoo for me - I can fit back into my normal clothes and I'm back to normal weight! YAY!!!!

Keeping fingers crossed for Carrie and her blood test and Summer and her FS appointment... And I'm sure there are some other important events I'm forgetting!

BW

Hi Ladies
    Just a quick hello and wishing Carrie heaps of luck for today!! Fingers Crossed!
    Well the lap went well i am really sore and feeling quite sorry for myself.. i prefer EPU anyday! But good news they didn't find anything else wrong and found out i dont have endo so thats nice to take off our list of fertility problems! Tubes and everything else were perfect.. so just PCOS and male factors... hmm

So now i rest and wait for AF to arrive and we double the dose of drugs and try the FET again.. well back to the lounge vecause DH keeps telling me very sternly to sit down and not move!!

Good luck to everyone andi will catch up properly over the weekend, but cant wait to share in your good news Carrie!!

S

BW - YAY for being able to fit back into your normal clothes.

Shannon - Good news that they found nothing else wrong and no endo.

Nic

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast