Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception #2 April 07

Wowee what an afternoon in here....

Carrie - Congratulations what wonderful news.. exactly what i needed to remind me why im sitting at home in a lot of pain on a Friday night!! Hope you have a safe and healthy pregnancy!

BW - Just one thing i would mention when our clinic quoted us on out of pockets costs they didn't mention that that is only ig you have already hit the medicare safety net otherwise it is more. Just thought that migght help...

Sazza - Congrats on the results of the scan sounds like you are in luck for EPU on Tuesday !

Ellie - Congrats on great numbers from EPU fingers crossed for your call tomorrow!

Boo & Kotare - Fingers crossed for AF i am now on the same wait day 30 and nothing in sight! Good luck with the waiting game!

Well still sore (and whingy) but DH is being fantastic.. and would you believe this we put our car in for a service on Thursday was meant to be ready at 4.. and then they call yesterday arvo and say they need it for today as well so DH has the day off (he is an IT nerd and needs the car to drive to clients) and the we get a call to say it wont be ready until Monday arvo!! Furious!! With all the time off work for IVF DH can't afford much more so we are paying an extra $180 to hire a car for the day as well as the $1000 the car service is costing us.. thank goodness they throw in the free vacuum makes everything alright (sarcasm!!)!! Ahh just needed to vent very frustrated unfortunately as you would all know the IVF money well runs out eventually!! Oh well... thanks for listening.

S

Hi Ladies a quick one from me. youve all been very busy and im still finding it so hard to keep up plus my bloody hand still is giving me jip.

BW - i always love doing triles. i hope you get a great result and a very positive outcome. i was on a trial for metformin for PCOS when i was 13!!!!gosh nearly 15 years ago!! Lol at DH and im sorry i cant help with the medicare stuff im hopeless at all that.

Carrie - wowee you really have had great sucess, first time for both i hope it rubs off on some of the other newbees. Congrats hun i will be following your journey in the pg thread.xx

Ellie welcome and great news on EPU. fingers crosse for you.

Sazza - they can never find my overies!!but great news on the scan

Shannon good to hear that your feeling a little better and that you are heading forward with you TTC journey, ill be stalking.lol

Boo - she always keeps you waiting when you want a visit. hope af arrives soon for you

Kotar - not long now. GL

BG - sorry to hear about you canviled appointment, let us know how you get on

Hi to all

Well my file turned up and the nurse was really great, (i thought i might not be liking her, as she was a little [email protected]$ty with me for calling all the time but i wanted them to find my file) so still good to go for scan on Monday.wooohoo. i hate scans im always so uncomfortable and they always find something wrong!!like a wooping cyst or more fluid on my tube!

Still im in a bit of bother. WARNING TMI TMI TMI WARNING. i dint go to the toilet for about 3/4 days and when i finally went yesterday i bled a lot, now its nothing for me to bleed alittle even when iam reg but this was heaps (like af from my ass!!) but DH told me not to worry, well i went again tonight and the same happened. i have been very slak with my diet so will fix that up at the weekend. (i only eat stone fruit so this time of the year is YUCK!) but will be back on the seeds for breakfast for sure! Do you think it could be the new meds?

Sorry for the TMI but if i cant ask here then whats the point

GL ladies

Lou, you're doing great for having a bunged up hand and all! The bleeding sounds just nasty... If I've been badly constipated then I'll usually have some bleeding, I can even get some bleeding if I've had diarrheoa (damn that metformin! will be so relieved to start back on the slow release stuff!)... after constipation I guess it's that I've split slightly, after diarrheoa I'm guessing it's just irritated, sensitive skin. I've never really had a LOT though. It might well be worth having it checked out. Just a few crazy questions... did it appear to be coming from the anus, or from inside? did it stop when you were done or keep bleeding for a while afterwards? If it was internal or didn't stop quickly, then I'd be taking that as a sign to get checked... and of course if it keeps on happening.

Shannon, that's unbeliavable about the car - I've never heard of a service taking more than a couple of hours, let alone days! Makes me wonder if they botched something and are trying to hide the fact... I do hope your wait comes to an end soon.

BG, I'm a bit the same - having to wait a long time always does my head in! I'm still hoping and praying that they won't find anything serious when they do the scan.

When DH got home and I talked to him about the medicare rebate thing he pointed out the fine print that assumes we've reached the safety net limit... well, it was that payment which hit it for us, so I'm guessing that other cycles we do we'll get the full listed rebate. This just goes to show that I should not be trying to work out financial stuff while in this brain fog! Can't wait to have my head back in functional order again.

One more weird question... I know you can't do back to back stim cycles, and I know they make you wait a cycle between the stim cycle and the FET cycle, but is it possible to do back to back FET cycles? I'm suspecting yes as my FS is letting me use the letrozole as a test run this cycle, then I'll be on it again for the FET next cycle, but I just want to be sure! I'm just thinking that if we need to do another stim cycle, I'd like to get it in this calendar year to take advantage of the safety net threshold... I guess the better approach would be to believe I'm going to get pregnant with one of our current snowbubs so I won't even need to know the answer to that question, really.

BW

Hey bw thanks for you reply

This year i have done back to back FET without a cycle in between, can i ask what does the letrozole doe for your cycle? also ive been told that some clinics dont like you to do a stim until all frozen have been used, i dont like this as we are all to awear that they may not servive esp when you may only have two left.

I dont know y you wouldnt be able to do back to back stims thought?

Dont forget that medicare safety net is calendar year so youve got till end of Dec and youve got to count all the ob's fee's into that!

My FS has just uped my dose of metformin from 5oomg twice a day to 850 twice a day can this constipate you? on the bleeding its really only when i wipe but the water is RED bight, not sore, and it does stop after two/three wipes

IVF really doesnt keep anything secret.lol

Lou It sounds suspiciously like a haemerrhoid to me and the constipation and straining has popped it...you might need to get it checked out at some stage. if it just when you wipe and is really fresh blood is probably nothing sinister, it indicates that it is very low don in the bowel so either a fissure/cracked bum or a rhoid....take your pick.

WOOHOOO way to go Carrie...can you let us in on what the secret is?!!!

As far as I am aware BW back to back FETs are fine as long as you keep paying they will happily take the money...hehehe.

Hehe at taking the mula Mel

And thanks for the info re my bowel.lol might just get it checked along with the hand sometime nect week, still for now one finger typing it will be.lol need to find out how to stop the bleeding if its a roied, dont want it to get worse if i get pg this cycle.lol

Lou, letrozole is some funky drug that my FS is going to try to use to get me to ovulate. He seems to prefer it to clomid these days (he used clomid for a friend of mine a couple of years back), and it's only PBS approved for the treatment of post-menopausal breast cancer. From the information I've found it's relatively new, and the doctors seem to either love it or hate it. It effectively does the same thing as clomid - you take it for 5 days at the start of the cycle, and then sit back and wait, but it works on a completely different mechanism in the body so we're hopeful it's not going to cause the same anxiety problems as clomid did for me. It's basically the only way I can do a natural cycle, and he says he gets better pregnancy rates with natural cycles, so we're giving it a shot. Although, this cycle is just the test to see if it will work for the FET. Praying real hard that it does!

BW

Shannon- What a bummer with the car! I hate spending money on car’s, which reminds me, mine is sooo overdue for a service!
    Lou- That’s good that your file finally turned up. Hmm, I don’t think the nurse has much right to get [email protected]%&y, I would have been calling up all the time too! I hope the scan goes well on Monday. As for the bleeding..Ouch!!! You poor thing! I think a trip to the Dr is in order.
    BW- Yeah, DH and I try to schedule everything for the same year for Private Health stuff and the safety net. Once you hit the safety net it is soooo good!!!
    Mel- Thanks. I’m still trying to be a bit cautious about it all as it’s early days. Don’t know if I have a secret, but if I did it would be: Praying and Praying EVERY night and when I wake up throughout the night (that’s why I’ve been so stressed and tired!), Nanna and Sister praying over me, and fantastic FS!

carrie - i think the worry never ends. if it helps im praying for you too.xx

BW - so when you say natural cycle you dont mean IVF?

As natural as it can be - no progynova and stuff. I think they called it a hormone preparation cycle? He wants my body to produce all the right hormones without being forced into it. I guess this is as natural as it can get for me - tricking my body into ovulating, rather than using the brute force approach of the puregon. If it's not making a lot of sense, it's probably because I don't really understand a lot of how it works at all. What he's doing with me isn't published in the information from the clinic, so I don't have a lot to read to work it all out myself - just my friend google!

ETA: sorry, Lou! I'm a bit slow tonight! This cycle will be non-IVF, just checking to see if the letrozole will work. The next cycle will be a FET cycle, using the letrozole to make my body ovulate so it's possible. I just realised what you were asking! (I think!)

BW
    Last edited by butterfly_warrior; April 13th, 2007 at 11:17 PM.

Well GOOOOOOOOdmorning,

Yes even DH wouldnt believe that im up this early on the weekend but he's not here he's out fishing with hi Brother. and im so excited im off for a massage to try to fix this hand as the physio didnt make any difference and get this the massage is $30 for an hour!!!

Thabks BW and yes it was IVF or not.lol

xx

Morning girls,
    Just a quick post, i'm on my way out the door. I've just done an update in my journal - i did a HPT this morning and there was a second line. It's not dark, maybe half as dark as the control but its deffinately there. Have rang the clinic to find out what to do an am waiting on a call back - in the meantime i have still taken my syranel this morning. Not getting excited just yet as last time it turned out to be a chemical pregnancy.
    Will come back later when we get home and catch up on everyone's news.

Boo, just saw your journal and came straight in here! What timing hey? lol
    You must be doing your stim cyle differently to the way I had to do mine, as you couldn't be pg before starting..had to wait for AF before starting any drugs.
    I hope you can get in for a BT today, as I would imagine you would have to stop synarel straight away. Are you far from the clinic? I would just turn up and tell them in case they don't get to check messages until after the morning BT rush. How exciting!

BW, thanks for your PM earlier this week. I haven't had much computer time this week so I plan to have a good read of that site and look for a few others tomorrow hopefully.

Have been flat out this week at work (due to the short week) and our house is open for inspection today so I've got a busy couple of hours. I'm too much of a perfectionist and will probably be cleaning and scrubbing until DH drags me out the door 5 minutes before the open! lol Then we are off to the city tonight for the Melbourne COmedy Festival. Could do with a good laugh!! Other than that, nothing much going on. I am on CD20 and still don't think I have O'd this month, so looks like a long cycle again. Then we'll go to Darwin in a few weeks and be ready start our next stim about a week after we get back.
    Hope everyone is well. I'll be back in here tomorrow to catch up properly.

Megan - hope the open home goes well. I hate them - i am a clean freak too, and everything has to be just perfect. Once, after an open home, we came back to find our bed had been sat on (the cover was really crumpled) and worse - the toilet seat in the ensuite was up - someone had obviously used it!!!

BW - yeah, we have been told we can do back to back FETs until any frosties are all used up. But definitely have to wait a cycle after a stim.

Boo - I'll be watching you with interest. I can't be pg, as i have to get AF then go on BCP, then start the syneral etc. Yours must be done differently. This is the latest AF has ever been, and it is the one time in my life that i know i can't be pg.

Can anyone help me - I am doing a Pill Down reg cycle and I have to have a u/sound on tuesday to see if my ovaries are sleeping and the lining of my uterus should be thin - then, all being well, i start the FSH injections. BUT - AF is not here yet. Surely that is going to affect the way it all looks? I guess i'll ring the nurse on Monday, but i was wondering if anyone could tell me if AF hasn't arrived by then, do i have to put the ultrasound off??
    I hate waiting

It's a gorgeous day i should go out and enjoy...

Morning Girls

Boo - A line is a line! With both my natural pregs the line was really light...so much so that the first time I phoned the chemist and asked them how dark the line needed to be??? They thought I was crazy I'm sure...but I was SOOO shocked..I only did the test coz I'd left the iron on the day before (and gone to work for the day!) and DH suggested I was forgetting everything...like my crazy preg sister in law...hence the test! Took me two hours to phone the clinic and then I took the stick with me to show them as they didn't believe me..my HcG that day was 30...even with faint line...ended up being the ectopic...my HcG was over 20000 when it ruptured!...thinking of you!!!!

Kotare - When I did my pill cross over cycle they scanned me just before AF...they do seem to be keen to scan any chance they get so that may just be my clinic?! I too hate waiting so much so I sent my FS a text message prior to this cycle... the clinic said I had to see him again before starting cycle when I new we'd signed all the paperwork..I was pretty annoyed and said I either wanted a 'spotters fee' for all my friends that I've referred to him who have babies already OR I get the next one!!!! Lucky for me he has a good sense of humor and is still happy to treat me!!!! I started synarel the next day!!! Squeeky wheel hey!?!

Meg - I don't envy you...home inspections suk...Comedy Festival should be great...enjoy!

Lou - I can't believe they lost your file...my clinic lost one sheet hence the text message to FS (above) ...good they've found it...hope it's all good from here!

Oh...nearly forgot...10 fertilized! Very happy with that...and embryologist said the eggs and sperm looked great...different from what the last one said...anyway...clinic will phone again Monday to let us know how they are going...if they are slowing down will transfer Monday afternoon..otherwise they'll have another look on Tuesday. I'm still feeling pretty yuk so I guess each day gives me a bit more recovery time?

Look forward to hearing what happens next for everyone...so much happens in a day around here! Best wishes x

yay ellie - 10 fertilised - that's awesome hun!! hoping you get some more good news on Monday - take care of yourself hun!

well done ellie!!! 10 snowbubs.... hope to hear more good news on Monday.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast