Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - April 2007

Thinking of you this morning BW with your EPU. GoodLuck

I'm a bit late but wanted to add my goodlucks and fingers crosseds for BW and Mel.

I HURT!!!

I feel sorry for the others in recovery at the same time as me - I basically woke up screaming and crying with the pain. The problem was that every single sob shook my body and made it hurt *worse*... as if I thought it was even possible! I'd had dental surgery (extraction of 4 impacted wisdom teeth) and knee surgery (slicing the muscle away from my kneecap to allow it to go back to the right place), and that pain was *nothing* on this at all!

I'm dosed up happily on panadeine forte at the moment, and also need to take three other medications for the OHSS - anti-inflammatories, anti-estrogen (I think, they tell me it's to help get my levels down ASAP) and an anti-fungal... WTF?! Definitely no transfer this time round.

Hoping like hell we'll get a decent fertilisation rate and we'll never have to do this again... 26 eggs, so even if the fertilisation rate isn't that great, we should have quite a few snow bubs from this!

And the wind! OMG! I'm so bloated and sore! Shoulder tip pain and all, burping constantly, it's BAD!

BW

take it easy BW. hope you have plently of snow bubs occur!! i really feel for you.......

still no sign of AF now 6 days overdue. made my appointment with FS for tuesday next week so that if AF doesnt arrive by friday at least i wont have to wait too long to find out whats going to happen next. i seem to be getting a LOT of hot flushes and headaches lately and dont kn9ow if its because i have been on synarel for two weeks now. hopefully it means my progesterone levels are finally coming down.

good luck mel for today, though by now its probably all over and done with.

Sonya, synarel (and lucrin) gave me LOADS of headaches. Nothing much seemed to work for them, either. It seems fairly normal to get headaches, hot flushes are also on the list of side effects, but I missed them.

Completely forgot about Mel's transfer today (can I blame the drugs?), I know you won't be home until late, Mel, but I'm wishing and praying and hoping for a really positive outcome here!

BW

BW - Hope the pain subsides super quick for you.

Mel - Hope all goes well today.

Big hello to everyone else. hope you are all well.
    Went to see the new GP today. She was really nice and easy to talk to, even DH liked her (and he doesn't take to any Dr's at all LOL)
    Anyway, she has got me to book in for another ultrasound to check things over again, plus all the other usual stuff, blood test, pap (no didn't have it done today..naughty Nic) and even gave DH paperwork for his SA!! The last Dr I saw just did a b/t, didn't even ask what CD I was on and sent me for an u/s. So it was nice to see she was thorough.

Poor DH, the closest path. lab is 45 mins away, and he freaked out when she said it had to be there within an hour! He's freaking out about either speeding or doing the sample on the side of the road LOL! Can't book in for a motel, as they are always booked out. It's all good, we'll work it out!

Catch up with you all later

Nic

BW that is great that you got such a good haul...now you rest up and get those levels down nice and quick you hear

Sorry guys...no transfer for me today. Our precious last frostie didnt survive the thaw.

We got a phone call just as we got to the city so had to turn around and drive all the way home again.

Feeling a bit miserable and to tell you truth a bit lost. Dh doesn't know if he can go through this again so I dunno what we are going to do......plus we can't afford any more cycles...we have absolutely maxxed our credit cards out now...I'mm off to feel sorry for myself for a bit.

I'm so sorry, Mel. :hugs:

BW

Ohhh Mel. I am so very, very sorry that your little frostie didn't make it.

Give yourself a few days to get your head together and then I'm sure you'll come up with a new plan.

Massive

so sorry mel. hopefully another plan will come up some time in the future.

I'm starting to stress here... I was in at 7:30 for EPU, I've got no idea when I came out, that time was lost in a haze of agony.

But it's now approaching 4pm and I haven't heard from the scientists regarding fertilisation rates yet... How long does it take to ICSI 26 eggs? I'm starting to think that the fact I haven't heard yet is a bad, bad sign.

Help me stop stressing!

BW

Mel - so sorry to hear your news. Thinking of you.

BW - work on the theory that no news is good news. Fingers crossed for you.

Mel - So sorry to hear that things didn't go according to plan. Hope you give yourself some time to heal before moving forward.

BW - Great numbers there, can't wait to hear the fertilisation rate.

Mel - i'm so sorry that you didn't have your transfer today - give yoursel a couple of days to feel miserable and then look at what your options are

Nic - glad you found your new GP to be nice (and thorough) - it's always nice when you're comfy with the people that might hold the answers for you!

BW - take it easy, keep drinking - and take taffy's advice - i always work on the theory that no news is good news.

Mel - so sorry that you didn't have your transfer today. lots of hugs..

BW - Hope that no news is good news.

Nic

I finally got sick of waiting and called the clinic... apparently they will call tomorrow. This seems weird to me, and I'm sure the scientist this morning said that they would call today. But whatever has happened, the scientists had finished and gone home for the day. I guess I just need to wait patiently until tomorrow. And hope that I still have some fingernails left by then! Heck, even if we only get a 50% fertilisation rate, I've still got 13 embies! I'm not sure why I'm worried when I'm starting with 26 eggs! There's room for things to go badly here!

I just wish DH would hurry up with the new microwave! What a day for ours to explode - when I'm desperate for heat packs and soup! I've had to console myself with a hot cross bun while I'm waiting... It's because I needed food to take the anti-inflammatory drug! Honest!

I'm doing ok, really. I'm sitting here smiling and giggling to myself, despite the pain. Either I've somehow managed to keep my sense of humour through this, or I've had too much codeine!

BW

Mel, i'm really sorry about your embie. I hope the next few days days brings a bit of clarity for you.

BW, wow - 26 eggs - you guys are going to get loads of snow bubs.

Nic - does the lab have a 'little boys room'?? We have used two different labs before and both offered a room for DH to produce in. We needed it at the first lab as it was 4 hrs away. The second lab we used we drove 45 mins to get there, and he just kept it warm in his pocket. And the lab tech said that was fine.

Jo,
    Not sure on the rooms? The Dr said we have to call them first to make sure it's alright to take the sample in. She said she got in trouble because someone fronted up and hadn't called through beforehand.
    We are just trying to work out the best days for booking in tests, trying to work it in with DH's days off work and school holidays etc.. Will have to see how DH feels about asking if there is a room for him!

Nic

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast