Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - April 2008

NAT025 Guest

Thanks CarlaMP you are right thought I do feel like just a number. I feel they just want to give us a baby any way they can

hi Nat - i have been at concept based in king edward since jan last year. i do not have a single bad thing to say about them. my fs is dr mazzucchelli and he is fantastic (as long as you dont carry too much weight)
    i have also heard that Pivet , although expensive, is quite good.

ME - had another bt today and start my 150 puregon tomorrow and another bt next thrusday 8 may fingers crossed!

Hi nat
    I am at hollywood and have found them fantastic. I am doing OI not IVF but have found them great My FS is Dr Perkins and he is great and delivered my DS. Good luck with it all.

NAT025 Guest

Hi sonya1 = I looked into another clinic today but i am in too minds as i really do love my doctor and i think to myself they have all my history. I think i jus have to keep going and pray that I get that BFP. How exciting you get to start your drugs, Good Luck

Hi Saph204 - I am also with Dr Perkins and i find him to be the most caring and beautiful doctor, i feel very comfortable with him. I just found it a little hard when he started suggesting donor sperm with out any reason. But I they have all reviewed our case and we have come back from a meeting with the embryologist and they are going to retrieve sperm from DH testicles and I am also going to be put on some different drugs, so I am very excited. I always said if I feel pregnant that I would love for Dr Perkins to deliver it but he no longer does it, its a shame. I like going in to hospital knowing he is there as I know he is looking after me. He always waits with me and holds my shoulder while i get sedated, i think thats cute

Sonya: Good Luck hunny you are not far behind me

White Lotus thanks for the tip off to get nuts now!

Sonya: good luck:goodluck2:. you are just 1 week behind me. I am on puregon 225 and am in day 10. Another bt and scan on coming sat. my fingers crossed for you

P.S. I am a new user for this forum.After reading this thread found that you guys are amazing I am realy happy that I have so many of you to share. It is realy helping me a lot since I don't share this to my friends. I don't know how I missed it so long. Thank you ladies.

Sorry very quick question to girls doing IVF with puregon. Do you start to get EWM (egg white mucous) when getting close to trigger i am day 8 and have quite abit already (sorry TMI) just abit concerned im ovulating and missing out. Also with the puregon do you find you have much left in the vial when youve taken the specified dose. By my calculations i had a 900iu vial and should only have had 75iu left but was able to do 150iu out of it with some left, do you think ive missed a jab? (eg thought i was injecting and it wasnt working) sorry to be a worry wart (blame the high estrogen levels), but dont want to stuff this up.
    Hi everyone and hope your havin a great day!!!!

Scooby - Thats a yes sweet and a good sign! The vials often have extra but I would check with the clinic sweet. You may have had encough. Wishing you all the best

Scooby: I am also getting white mucous from day 7/8. I think it is quite normal. I didn't miss the ovulation cos I had BT yesrerday to findout my e2 levels. I think yours is similar to mine. just hang in there, you are doing good.
    And with the puregon, If you are taking 150 units, you can do only 6 injects from it. If you can see the black colored mark, don't inject from it if you see the dosage levels comes to this point.

scooby-past xperience, it might look alot, if u doing e check e reading pull e trigger, it shld be alrite. Its e wat IFs, making us worry.

white lotus- some pple jus dont understand wat we're going thr. They have to be in ur shoes to really understand. My ICSI, is jus between me, DH n the medical personnel, nobody else know abt it.
    The ladies here do lift up my spirit.
    Last edited by Marsha; May 1st, 2008 at 10:00 PM.

Scooby, I was also using puregon and had the same concerns after noticing some left in the cartridge. Clinic did say it was normal to have some left in cartridge at the end. You will still be getting the correct doses. EWCM is also normal. I asked this question at yesterdays blood test and nurse told me that it means there is a rise in the hormone levels and nothing to worry about.

Nat
    Oh my god you have just rocked my world was planning to have Dr perkins deliver this next baby as well. I have what you could say is a close connection with him and his family and it was wonderful having him deliver my son. It was a tramatic birth and he took all the worry away. Oh my god i feel sick now. I really dont know how to take this news.
    I have known him a long time and would trust him with my life. Which I did and more importantly I trusated him with the life of my son.
    How do you find Hollywood? I love it my only problem is for me living up near Joondalup having to go into the clinic in the morning becomes a three hour round trip. My son does not like this and screams the whole way. I leave it wondering why the hell am I doing this who would want two screaming kids.

NAT025 Guest

Saph204 - I am so sorry!! I know exactly what you mean by you trust your life with him. I had always said if I fall I would love to have him to deliever the baby but he doesnt. Maybe you could talk around since you know his family I do like Hollywood but I think thats only because of Dr Perkins. I find the nurses to be hot and cold. Sometimes they make me feel like a number and I should just go in there and have my bloods and don't ask questions. So I dont really ask them much I either ring Dr Perkins or I log onto this website.
    It would be a pain for you to travel from Joondalup to Hollywood. Why don't you have your bloods done at your local Pathology? I do this sometimes when I am not driving into work the day off my bloods.
    Last edited by NAT025; May 1st, 2008 at 06:17 PM. Reason: spelling

WOW, theres so much happening in here, how can so much happen so quickly?
    well i did my first injection today 225 iui's gonal f pen and it hurt, i had hot flush today and it was cold day, i've been feeling tired but only had 6 hrs sleep last night so that may be cause.
    it's all happening now and it was a bit scary but not as bad as i thought.
    Pcl1805: we will miss you hope all goes well and this one sticks!!
    Delly doo: yes this is real, it feels a bit surreal at times though. hope your epu goes well on fri, count down to tranfer.
    Scooby: thanks for your good luck vibes, whats all the gatorade for?
    White lotus: hope this is the bfp cycle for you!, welcome

we've all been talking about vitamins etc, i'm taking pregnancy vitamin , omega 3, calcium and magnesium and vitamin e and c. yes i do rattle.
    but i'd like to give this the best chance i can and i've also got dh on all above except pregnancy vitamin so when they have to extract his friends hope they be extra healthy too.
    i havn't even really started yet and i'm already not fitting into clothes, i just have not been good due to stress, need to try harder.

i'm so glad to have you guys as i've only told my sister and one friend but they really can't relate to what i'm going thru for this baby.

janet

Well Good evening,
    I have started spotting this evening so I am sure AF will arrive tomorrow and It will start all over again. Dam it. Will be doing a full cycle this time all the bloods and scans and the dreaded three hour trips. They are starting me on a higher does this time so hopefully it will only be the normal 10-14 days to trigger not 25 like last time. Best of luck to everyone who is having epu in the next few days. You really are an inspiration to all here. Off to watch the biggest loser final.

JBM- Gatorade help reduce the amt of fluid due to OHS. Ive been drinking dat fm monday.

:goodluck2: dellydoo, whitelotus, sonya n all u ladies

Im still feelin' bloated, a good sign

NAT025 Guest

I really hope that its not AF arriving Saph204, Good Luck

Saph so sorry babe
    JBM: we are ratteling too (My AP treats me for the heat issue with stims if you know of one go it really works!)

Day 5 of stims today 4 sleeps to eggie scan!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast