Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Dec 2007 #1

thanks melsta, hollybolly, bg for the response.
    i checked with the clinic. they say 9 mm on day 9 of progynova is good and not at all a matter of concern. next scan tmrw. will get a clearer picture then. they say 10 - 13 mm is ideal thickness and they are confident i wil reach there sooon.

thanks once again and good luck to all.

Hi guys
    Thankyou to eberyone that repsonded to my questions. Have been testing for ovulation(after searchingfor the kit and visiting 10 chemists and supermarkets!!) Was told I had to go to emergency to get bloods taken if i surged this morning or this afternoon......NOTHING.....i dont understand. Am i going to ovulate? What if my period comes first, is that possible. Think I will be getting AF around the 16th..so hope things start happening before then. I have read that some woman dont 'O' at all in a month...god please dont let that be me. It seems as though everytime we are ready to go again...something else stops us.

Briggsy.....Good luck for your DH's new job, thats sounds fantastic that you have the flexibility to still carry on. Thats always the hardest bit...fitting in with work. GL.

Melsta....GL sweetie with the TWW....sounds like Dh is making sure you get that rest you need.

Dusty...TY for your kind words....i hope it works out. i feel like I am doing something wrong for my body not to "o"...but I guess we ALL feel that way in our process. Thankyou so much. Just hope we havent missed the boat again this time round. Im praying for a miracle.

Brownbug - thanks hun, doing all I can to give Mini-Me the best start in life it possibly can .... and hun it is definitely not over yet, the cramps could be anything so as hard as it to second guess what is happening i think we still have limited control even when we are in the 2WW given everything our bodies have been through and continue to go through so I hope that this is all still wokring out for you hun xoxo

Hollybolly - thanks for the well wishes hun .... wow see that is why i love acupuncture as I personally think it is amazing the results it can give you in fixing set parts of your body and I find it so relaxing ... hope u are keeping well hun ....

TL - thanks hun and good luck with the next 2 months .. do you have an action plan in place or just generally keeping well and fit? Have you had a lap before? I had my first one done in Jun this year and took me a week to recover from the post op AF .....

BG – thanks for the update on BW hun, glad that things are on the up and up and she is feeling positive especially since her embies are on ice … I am with you on the twinges hun I have had a few of them and just think it is Mini Me embedding itself lolol …. But everytime I feel them I do go and sit down in case it is too much – I have really learnt to listen to my body and will continue to do so from here on in … my DH is now my biggest nagger lol – my how the tables turn lol. Congrats to your DH on his new job !!! And yay on the finance side as that is one thing you don’t have to worry about now … here is hoping it is a smooth transition ….

wannababy – good luck with your next scan hun, hope all goes well tomorrow !!

Carla – oh hun how frustrating … I know how you feel and trying to pick ovulation is a nightmare …. Hope the ovulation kit helps (and yep not too many places sell them do they !!) … I guess the biggest thing though hun even though I know how hard it is, is to try and keep calm and relaxed …. Ask as many questions as you need until you get the answers hun … ghood luck and remember everyone in here has a similar or same story so you know there is always advice and support in here whenever you need it …

Hi to everyone else, hope your weekends have been good ….. off to start dinner now ……

Melsta

xo

Hi everyone!
    Boy everytime I think I'm getting on top of what's happening on this thread, it changes! Not to worry, I think I have caught up now.
    Melsta - Congratulations & all the very best for the TWW. At least at this time of year time seems to fly by.
    BW - great to hear you are on the mend (thanks BG for keeping us all up to date).
    BG - great to hear about hubby's new job, here's hoping its an all new start for you guys (new job, Emby on board.....fingers crossed it will be a great 2008 for you)
    TL - good to hear from you. How's the fitness plan coming along? I was doing 2 group PT sessions per week earlier this year & loved it, but then FS said not to do anything strenuous or it may affect AC. Bummer - hopefully I will be able to get back into it really soon.
    Nothing much happening here. I hope everyone has had a nice relaxing weekend. The sunny coast has not been living up to its name this weekend, scattered showers most of the weekend. Well, on me, should get AF tommorrow or Tuesday, then its onto the progynova ready for scan on 17th & ET on 19th (fingers crossed!).
    Have a fabulous night girls & I will try to keep up with this thread (I'm sure I say that everytime.....).
    xo
    Last edited by Peta; December 2nd, 2007 at 05:31 PM. Reason: spelling (I really should check first!)

Melsta & Peta - Just finished 10 mins on stair climber leg magic machine arrives next week I have decide not to cut out coffee completely just 1-2 a day.

WB - GL with the lining I am sure it will be thick strong and sticky

Carla - please stop worring sweet your body will do what is required the hardest thing for me with the IVf thing is not to obesses which can be very easy. You have 3 little babies to be to be transferred focus positive energy on that (Ps you can tell me to pull my head in)

Hope all is well with everyone

Hi everyone......
    Melsta....thanks for being so positive..sometimes in amoungst all of this it is easy to lose sight of the big picture but Im sure there is a reason for everything.

Trigger....I would never tell you to pull your head in....I value every comment that is made to me with all of us going through this..thanks you for your kind words.....
    Have scan tomorrow....I wonder what will happen....i think they mentioned clomid....i wonder if i have to take that on this cycle or have to wait till the next..guess i will find out at 8.20am in the morning...thanks ladies..
    have a lovely night and will be back in the morning.....time for a cuddle with DH......maybe a bit of DB will bring on the big "O"!!
    Love to all xxxxxxxxxxx

good luck in the morning Carla - hoping your scan brings the result you're needing!

Hi ladies - just a quick message, my tww is all over, as AF has decided to visit me (*#!!^*!) so not impressed with her right now. Anyway, i've had my day of feeling sad, and now i'm into questioning mode, as i just have no idea as to why we are not falling preg - it could be any number of things, which will only be found by further testing, but it is hard to know where to start!! I'll have lots of questions when i next visit my FS!

So i have a question to ask of you all - and i hope it's not a silly one - just wondering what needs to be done to find out about egg quality? I'm thinking maybe i'm releasing duds each month?
    After reading all of the posts, i know some of you who are onto IUI and IVF etc have EPU, so you know if you have good eggs right? I've only just started taking clomid, so is there a scan or internal ultrasound that can detect what is going on with the follicles around ovulation? Or do they have to remove the egg from me completely to be able to see its quality?? Sorry if i'm completely off track with anything here! I'm starting to put more and more together with reading everyone's stories, but might need to be set straight about a few of the procedures!

Thanks for your help and warm wishes to everyone

Carla - GL today sweet
    Theresep - Not sure on Egg Quality tests I would like to know more if you find out

ThereseP - i'm not sure, though i'm speaking with a fair amount of confidence in saying i think you'd have to go to EPU to check the quality of your eggs. i can't think of anything i've heard that would allow them to check egg quality without having them removed to be checked by a scientist...

Carla - good luck for today hun ... hope it goes well for you ... !

TL - yay on the stairmaster you are doing well, what is the leg machine lol ... tis ok re the coffee 1-2 a day is all good ... I send positive power your way for keeping up your fitness regime !!

Teresep - awww hun nooo .... im so sorry to hear the news hun ... hope all things considered you are ok ... are you at work or hopefully you can be at home and just have a relax day ... I think you should keep a little notebook of all the questions you have so you dont forget any next time you see your FS ... Not sure about the egg quality hun but agree with BG that I would have thought it was only something that could be determined at EPU .. or thereabouts ...

BG - how are you feeling this morning hun?

Hi to Dusty, Mon, Slyder, BW (in spirit until she is back on here) and anyone else I may have missed ... hope Monday treats you all well !!!

i'm doing ok at the moment - thanks for asking Melsta! bit tired, but you get that! loving the rain that has just arrived - hopefully it will continue all day and keep the day cooler than yesterday - i just didn't cope with the heat at all yesterday - gotta hate that! am procrastinating a bit - DH is packing to go away to work, and as much as i want to be helpful, i know i'm useless cos he KNOWS what he has to pack, and where, so i just have to stay out of the way - so far, i have been ok with him leaving - the next few hours/days will be the telling ones! i'm at that point now where i just want him to go and be done with it! i'm a hard woman, but it's easier on both of us if it isn't dragged out!

have had a couple of messages from BW - she didn't get a great nights sleep last night, so is very tired. AF arrived today, so she's received a bit of relief just from that - last time she had OHSS, it was a turning point for her - so looking the same this time! she is off the drip at the moment, and all going well, it will be completely removed around lunch time and she'll be home tomorrow. she is drinking like a fish to make sure she stays hydrated so that they'll let her out in the morning!

oh i hear you on the tiredness it took all my effort to get out of bed this morning .... but once i was up i was ok for a bit ... will nap on the train on the way home this afternoon though

how long will DH be away for ??? Will you be right to cope with 2WW on your own when he isnt at home, you are a strong woman hun if you can ... !!!

Oh I hope they let her out and she can continue to recover at home, often being in your own surroundings etc helps just that little bit more ...,. poor thing with everything she has been through and she is still in good spirits ... she hasd a very strong disposition ... as many of us in here do !!

*Yawn* ahhh the sleepiness is here today ,.... at least i only have 3 more work weeks until 2 weeks holidays yay !!!

DH has just started a new "away" job - first permanent position he's had in a couple of years - been casual (and mostly treated like [email protected]) for past two years! he will be away for 10 days or so, then home for 4, maybe five - away for a few more days - then home for a week at christmas

after christmas, it will work into a 10 on, 4/5 off cycle.

tww will be hard - i won't lie. but seeing my hubby happier in himself is more important to me than having him here all the time - his self esteem was starting to be really affected by the way he was being treated. his boss now is someone he's known for years - and he came to him to offer him the job as "someone i know i can trust" - just the offer had hubby feeling better... no point having him here all the time if he's miserable...

plus the extra income will help a lot! he's only been working a couple of days a week lately..

aw congrats hun as it sound like everything is going really well ... and hey you have us all here for the 2WW as well !!! Just think how good it will be when he is home and you can have that quality time together and catch up ... but can understand about their self esteem etc and sounds like things are on the up and up for you both which is just divine !!!

BG - I am so gald for your postive outlook I know my DH gets really down when he is not happy at work. Enjoy your TWW as much as you can.

BG - that is so very selfless of you - you could be feeling blue about him being away but you are focussing on the positive - that is amazing and we are all with you for the TWW. Poor BW - I hope she is feeling better this morning - it really highlights how delicate we are after all this.

TL - you are making me feel oh so lazy!

BB - Honey I am so hoping those cramps are nothing to worry about - srtong sticky vibes your way.

Well - let's talk about Friday! I got 19 eggs, 16 of which were good enough to inject (ICSI Style) and we have got 5 embies in the freezer so I am feeling very proud of myself and DP. Poor old DP he gave his sample but there was none moving, then the sample we had did not survive the thaw so he had a needle in his testes under LA. FS was not really happy with the results so he then had to have a testicular biopsy under GA.

It was supposed to be all about ME on the weekend but DP had peas on his bits (they were black and blue) and I had a heatpack on my belly. He still looked after me though.

To add insult to injury, when we spoke to FS on Saturday, she said that they used the sperm from the initial injection and froze the specimen from the biopsy - poor, poor precious!

dellydoo - that sounds like a nasty weekend for both of you!!! so glad you have some embies on ice though hunny

keep an eye on yourself still - it was two or three days after EPU that BW got sick - and it's taken a week in hospital to get her kinda "right" again...

thinking of you

BG

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast