Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Dec 2007 #1

My FS reckons the big danger time is between now and Wednesday night so my team have been given instructions to take me to Emergency if I faint, throw up etc - regardless of my protestations (and, knowing me there will be many!)

GOOD!!!!

keep an eye out for shortness of breath or increasing pain levels/bloatedness etc too!

Ohhh your poor Dh hope he is resting up and you are feeling better too

We are both feeling a bit sore and sorry - I nearly died when I saw the results of his procedure and had an extremely amusing situation on Sunday morning when he tried to convince me that his doctor told him to get his partner to "kiss it better" as part of his recovery - MEN.

way too cute!

lol Dellydoo that is such a MEN comment lolol ... wow what a day though hope you are both feeling alot better soon though and that you can take some time to rest ... glad that you have told your team that you need to go asap if anything arises and good luck that you stay fit and healthy !!!

Thanks, BG and Melsta, i thought as much about the EPU as the method of checking egg quality.... just wishing someone clever had thought of a less invasive technique!
    Thanks for your support Melsta - i'm actually home at the moment, which is nice..... i'm officially 'looking for part time work', but in reality, i'm busy painting our study! I love painting, as you get instant results, and i have a whole house that needs painting, so i'm in my element and it feels good to be doing something constructive!! Best wishes

Hi Ladies
    Delly....I missed yo ur posting but sounds as yhough your DH had to have a sperm retireival....is that right???? My DH had to aswell..he had 2!!!! They are such sookie la las when they are sick arent they???
    I remember him having his and me having my ET....he had an ice pack on his little boys and I had a hot water bottle on my little girls..very funny!!!

Well went from my scan again.....not getting better and definetly not "o"ing....looks like they are cancelling again. Will find out for sure this after noon. They said even if my follies grow to where they want them to be..it will be too late for FET anyway. Very upset but I think these things happen for a reason.....I just have to believe that.

slyder Guest

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by dellydoo View Post
    We are both feeling a bit sore and sorry - I nearly died when I saw the results of his procedure and had an extremely amusing situation on Sunday morning when he tried to convince me that his doctor told him to get his partner to "kiss it better" as part of his recovery - MEN.

Hahahahaha Slyder.............well he probably has earned some TLC but I think that one is a little too deserving!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Carly - Oh honey these things do happen for a reason. I am so sorry that they are cancelling but they are only going to go through with FET at the right time for you - you don't want to waste those embies. DP actually had a testicular biopsy which is where they actually slice off a bit of the testicle itself. They had to shave it down and put him under. He is a trooper and is still speaking to me even though I gave them a little pat while we were in the car when aiming for his thigh - talk about making a grown man cry!

Slyder - I agree this may be a perfectly reasonable request - my response may not have been so reasonable though!

Ooh - And this is a plug for my FS - she phoned me while I was in recovery and said that there was a problem with the sperm - she then pulled favours and got the top surgeon to do the op on DP that day so that my eggs wouldn't be wasted - there was a mad dash between 2 hospitals and the IVF lab and we got a result. She also let DP use HER parking spot at the hospital so we could leave the car overnight without any charge as he couldn't drive. It might be the hormones - but I love that woman.

DD - What a great FS are you with City IVF???
    Slyder - Lol I am sure my DH would agree after ICSI

TL - I am with Monash honey - they are wonderful

Thats great for you we are with City their team was fantasic.

I was think would should arrange a Brissie TCC Christmas Catch UP?

theresep - there is definitely nothing more therapeutic than painting .. i love it for keeping occupied and cleansing the soul ... i painted on of my friends bedrooms years back while she just kept supplying the wine cause i need some soul searching lol !!! Hope that you can enjoy the day painting and feel lifted from the fresh outlook of the rooms hun xo

Carla - oh hun .... sorry for the bad news but I am the biggest believer in that everything happens for a reason and at the time it sucks big time cause we never know what it is, but then when we realise it all makes sense ... right now that is prob limited consolation but they are keeping them for the perfect time ... sending you right now and hope that you can take some time out for yourself hun ......

DD - OMG that is just top level service there hun .... thank goodness for ppl like that in this industry when you need them the most hey !!! about the pat, the poor guy ....

Slyder - classic answer although I am sure most DH would think the same way !

TL - how is your day going there hun ??? Wow a catch up for you Brissie girls sounds grand ... tis the season to be festive and merry !!!

slyder Guest

Well apparently our FS is having a baby! Very amusingly ironic

Anyway DW rang our clinic today to follow up on this offer of a natural FET cycle in Jan/Feb. I'm a bit peeved because it turns out their idea of natural is just chopping out the oestrogen tablets, whilst leaving the pill (albeit for two weeks instead of four) and leaving the bloody pessaries. The pessaries are the whole reason we wanted to go natural - ie. the real natural not the mickey mouse natural.

Hi to everyone.

Ooh - TL that sounds marvellous - we can meet somewhere fabulous. What side of town are you on??

Melsta - I know what you mean - I am so lucky - my DP calls it the Dellyverse instead of the Universe.

Slyder - so sorry to hear it is not going to plan for you - I guess that is the reason we are all in here! I have to go for FET Jan/Feb and have to confess to having no idea what to expect but figured it would not be as simple as transfer and cross fingers. I am sure your FS is making decisions on what will have the most successful outcome for you and DW - Hang in there!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast