Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Dec 2007 #1

DD - your DH sounds like an absolute sweetheart and doesnt it make this journey all the more easy - well to a point ...

Slyder - awww sorry to hear the news there for you and your DW ... i hear you on the ironic side of it but when we started at SIVF, the receptionist was pg so everytime we went in there she was the first person you saw ... would be hard for most ppl I am sure ... Fingers crossed that it all works out for you though ... as hard as it is wondering about why things are happening a certain way there must be method in their madness ....

Sylder - sorry to here they are changing things

Melsta and Dellydoo - I live on the north and work in the city how about you?

TL - Im in Sydney hun I was just in the festive mood and thinking xmas catch ups might be the plan !! You Brisbane girls are on the ball though ... and it is starting to feel very festive too - that time of year !!!

Wow what a blonde moment

Anyother brisse gals interested??

Oh Melsta - we woudl have you in Brissy anytime - I live in West End and work in the Valley (lucky me)

I was just stalking and reading.. count me in the catch up Linda

Ok so that makes 3 any dates in mind or to exclude?

Hi everyone, you are a chatty bunch.
    Delly doo, I have had a good laugh, mind you me and other peoples pain don't go well together, sometimes I have to hurt myself so I don't laugh. Never a good thing when someone is really hurt!!! Wishful thinking from DP but well worth the try. Kiss it better. Ha Ha, funny man. Congrats on your numbers and I am thinking very nice that your man can relate to the pain.
    Carla, I hope they get this sorted out for you soon. Fingers crossed.
    BG, nice for DH to have fulltime work, tough on you but I am sure it will be great when he is home. Thanks for the BW update, great she is getting out.
    Good luck!!! everyone in the TWW anyone feeling anything??
    Hi to everyone else, hope everything is going well.

Hi Everyone
    Blackduckies..thanks for your thoughts
    Well after saying its all over till next time, the clinic just called Me and said they want me back for ANOTHER scan on Wednesday even though my follies arent really big enough for a transfer....THey are still very small and arent going to get to where they want them to be by then. I said this to my nurse and she said that the doctor wouldnt want you to come in if there wasnt something he could do. maybe they are just triple checking what we already know. Im not getting my hopes up at all btu it must say it put a little smile on my face for the first time in a few weeks!!!! i will keep you all posted.

Sorry for no personals this post....just flying out the door to get DH to work......
    Love to allxxx

slyder Guest

It's no big drama about the so called "natural" cycle, it's just annoying because we thought natural meant natural, as it does with other clinics. They love the drugs at our clinic

As for our FS being UTD, it's no problem at all, I could see the funny side. She's a lovely lady and we are genuinely happy for her. That certainly isn't going to be bother me too much given that a colleague of DW's is pregnant (and still smoking and drinking and complaining about it interfering with her life) and another person we know is very young and has an unwanted pregnancy and is contemplating adoption! Irony eh...

Hey Girls & Boy
    TL, DD & Shannon - a catch up sounds fun. I'd be able to meet you guys on a weekend between now & xmas or after 21st on a weekday (as that's when our office shuts for 2 weeks!). It would be really great to put faces to names (though I am very shy around new people).
    Slyder, sorry things aren't working how you hoped. Geez, people who whinge about having kids & being pregnant hey? If only they knew.......
    Well, will catch up with you all later. Take care & have a lovely night.

Hi everyone,

DD - I love your cheeky sense of humour. I've enjoyed reading your posts.

Slyder - sorry to hear you and DW are getting mucked about a bit with the "natural" cycle. Doesn't it give you the irrits the way some people take for granted their ability to procreate??? It really bugs me at times.

Carla - it ain't over till it's over. I know it's hard to stay positive, but you have to try. Your FS wouldn't keep sending you for scans if he didn't think it was worthwhile. Sounds like you and I are in the same boat.

Sorry if I've forgotten anyone - hope everyone is doing well.

I've had a hellish day. Had another BT and ultrasound this morning and got the call from my FS this afternoon that I only have two good-sized follicles. He offered to do the EPU this Wednesday, but if there's only going to be a max of two eggs, and even that is not certain, and it's even bigger odds that both would fertilise, it seemed pointless to go ahead, so we cancelled. I'm absolutely shattered and have spent most of the afternoon crying, and had to leave work early.

So, it's over for me till January. I was really hoping for a BFP for Xmas, and we didn't even get to EPU. I feel like the past 6 weeks has been a complete waste of time.

Oh well, back to square one

Vicki

vickie - i'm so sorry you've had to cancel hun! sending you the biggest hugs you can imagine. i so wish i could do something more to make it easier for you

Thanks BG - you don't know how much I needed that *hug* the tears have started again.

How's Emmett snuggling in?? I can't wait to hear you've had a BFP!

Vicki

had a bit of aching in the early hours of this morning (poor DH woke up and rubbed my tummy cos i was whinging about it!) - and one really nasty cramp today - but i'm not reading anything into it. i have hope in my heart - and that's what i'm hanging on to - i soooo don't want to over analyse every little twinge or pain.... my poor DH couldn't cope with the neurotic phone calls if i became obsessive...

well, i'm PLANNING on not being obsessive about it anyway...

BG the wait must be excrutiating - I'm sure all those things are nothing to worry about

It must be so exciting....

Vicki

Pookiegirlba....Oh hun..It happened to me too. My first stimulated cycle was a diaster and nothing was getting bigger....so they cancelled us..we didnt even make to EPU either. It is so devasting but you have to get back on that horse. It all does seem like a waste of time that you have gone through all of that, the pain the anxiety ...everything but you have to keep thinking to yourself that this time, it has happened for a reason. (im still searching for that reason too) but that is what kept me going. Our second time round....we only ended up with 4 angels and have 3 on ice as we speak...the first one after our transfer didnt stick. Its horrible especially when the stakes are so high and emotionally it just pulls you down. I dont have much hope for Wednesday either but we will get back up again and keep on going. Thats all you can do. We too were also hoping for the greatest Xmas present but I just dont think it is our time just yet...not yet anyway...but IT WILL BE SOON. Let your body recover from all the drugs and let your mind and soul rest also. Alot of TLC and treats to pep you up. These words may not make the situation better but I hope you dont feel so alone as i felt when this happened to us. I have good vibes that once both of our bodies take a little break from being so stressed...we will be ok. Thinking of you and hope I havent upset you...always here to chat with.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

slyder Guest

Vicki, sorry things didn't pan out this time. They'll get it right next time.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast