Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Dec 2007 #2

Shannon, I'm sorry that it's not great news for you today :hugs:
    I hope you recover quickly - you know BW's advice is to go straight to hospital if you feel any worse at all.
    I know it's not 95%, but 4 snowbubs is great, and we'll be crossing our fingers that they're doing well and safe and ready for you when you're healthy in 2008

Wannababy, I don't have any answers for you as I've never been through it - could it be that because the meds were stopped part way through the FET cycle that they never had control of this cycle properly and now your body is trying to get back to normal?
    Have you rung your FS as well hun? I would call FS and ask him/her to talk you through it as it's always a panic when your body does something unusual that it's not meant to....
    Hang in there, and I hope you get some answers soon

Miss C's update:

FS has started me on down-reg again today. She's very happy with my response to the IVF overall - we made good grade 1 embryos and I'm feeling completely fine now that AF has finished - and she believes that we just have to wait for the roll of the dice to come up with a 6 (or the proverbial 3, for the 1 in 3 chance). She is adjusting my Gonal F dose up 37.5 to 262.5IU and wants to monitor my response closely again, as my eggs didn't seem to mature properly this time round, and I responded rather slowly to the Gonal F initially. She wants me to fit in another fresh stim cycle now, and hold on to the 1 embryo we have for a possible artificial FET in February straight after this stim cycle in January if needed, before we leave. That way we will have a few embies for a possible FET instead of just the one we have now. She's really keen and trying to work things so that we take advantage of the time before we leave (which is flexible at this stage up to the start of March, especially now that I'm going straight into another stim cycle).

I'm excited to be moving forward already - I have recovered from the wedding really well, I'm feeling refreshed and looking forward to everything again! Here we go.... next round on the rollercoaster.....

Hugs,

Miss C

Last edited by Acacia; December 13th, 2007 at 03:09 PM.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

wannababy, if you were on FSH, stopping the meds will bring AF on. HTH.

thanx sushee,
    i was on estrogen tablets and lupride shots..
    does stopping that bring AF ?? sorry if i sound too confused ... but actually, I am.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I think lupride is like Lucrin/synarel and is a suppressant med, but the tablets form a HRT regime for your FET? Then I suppose that yes, when you withdraw HRT you'd get a bleed. Someone with more experience with HRT protocols, please correct me if I'm wrong though.

barney Guest

good luk to all of you i will be starting january as well so lets go get them BFP girls

Shannon so sorry hun

If I don't get back here before Xmas have a good one everyone

mrs_c, glad things went well at the FS today. it sounds like a really sensible approach to maximising your odds as long as you are happy with doing another stim (i have done them back-to-back ok). now i hope you can sit back and enjoy your honeymoon ........ it is well deserved and almost overdue! wave to Mt Gower for me and if you have a chance go down to Neds Beach at sunset to see the suicide style landings of the shearwaters (mutton birds) it is a crack up and watch out so you don't get hit!

TL this new job really sounds busy! happy xmas sweetie.
    xx

Default Hi

Hi Everyone,

I've just been working out how this site works today...
    My name is Rachel and I'm 26 my husband and I have been ttc naturally for 4 years - no luck. We have a male factor so we are due to start our down reg cycle in Jan and hopefully first ICSI in Feb 08.

I am feeling excited but nervous about it realise I just need to take it as it comes but its really hard not to get your hopes up, isn't it?

I wish you all the best of luck for your cycles,

Thanks for having me on board...
    Rach

welcome rach and good luck in early 2008. i think it is good to be hopeful as we wouldn't all be doing IVF/ICSI if we didn't think it will work

TL Merry Christmas Tiggerlinda! I hope you're job is going well - I haven't quite caught up with everyone, but it's sounds like you're very busy and I hope you get a chance to rest over Christmas and that the job continues to be fulfilling for you in the new year, as well as the next step in AC for you and DH. May 2008 start off as a wonderful year for you.

Rach welcome over here! I hope the wait goes smoothly and quickly for you over Christmas

dusty thanks heaps, hun I'll wave to Mt Gower (DH plans on climbing it lol) for you and thanks for all the lovely suggestions and the support you've been giving me in the last couple of days. It's been so helpful It's a bit early, but may 2008 bring all that you dream for, for us all.

We're off on the honeymoon first thing tomorrow morning - We'll be back just before Christmas, so in case there are people who are not in here today or just before Christmas when it gets busy, I wish you all a safe and relaxing Christmas with your families and partners in particular. May 2008 bring all of us our hearts' desires.

Miss C

Hi ALL

Welcome Rachel! All of the girls on here are lovely and we are here to support you on your journey. Just ask any questions you like & someone should know the answer.
    Shannon - Sorry to hear about your fertilisation results. On the positive side, there are 4 embies to be frozen, so that is good! I know we all say it, but it only takes one special embie to stick so here's hoping this will be the case for you in 2008.
    Mrs C - good news about moving forward. Great that your FS is supporting you in getting as many cycles in before you head OS. Have a wonderful honeymoon on Lord Howe Island. I have never been there but it sure signs like somewhere mobile phones don't work, which always indicates a good break for me!
    Well me, getting nervous ready for scan on Monday. That will say if we proceed to transfer on Wednesday or cancel out this cycle. It must be nearly holiday's - I am feeling so tired & not like working.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! I hope to catch up before that, but things tend to be a blur this time of year.
    xo

HELP!

Hi BBs,

Sorry for lack of personals, am just at work, freaking out! Got a call from clinic and my E2 has jumped from 8000 2 days ago to 23,000!!! Today was meant to be my last BT and U/S. My FS has said I need to go back in for BT 2morrow morning and hopefully they will have dropped (so no Gonal F tonight), however if my E2 doesn’t drop they wont be able to trigger! I am pretty gutted, can’t believe have come this far and it might be cancelled or worse develop OHSS! Even if they do collect I am guessing there will be no way they will transfer! Has this happened to anyone? Have you ever had to cancel as well before EPU? And if so what does that mean! I can’t believe how bloated I am … have around 25 follies just on my LH ovary and at least 10 or the right and they were all a pretty nice size!
    I just can’t believe it!
    I’ll be back when I can.

Mon

Mon - Hun sorry my FS does not do blood tests so I can't help but
    Miss C - Have a great Honeymoon
    Rach - Welcome

to everyone

Thanks for making me feel so welcome girls... It's awesome to have other people who are going through the same thing as you.

Miss C - I hope you have a brilliant honeymoon

Shannon - I'll be sending lots of happy vibes for your frozen little ones

TL, Peta and Dusty - Have a loveley Christmas and chat soon

I'll keep you updated and look foward to following your journey's too!

Rach xx

Mon, when it comes to OHSS... been there, done that. It has taken me about three weeks to recover each time - even with a week in hospital with this round.

You are right in that transfer is more than likely not going to happen - but freeze all cycles really aren't that bad. Personally, I'd prefer to get to collection and get some embryos in the freezer rather than cancel, start fresh and run the risk of it happening again.

I can understand the fear - I was petrified this time because I knew what it was like the first time. I hope those levels drop off a bit and you can at least get to collection. Hang in there, Mon!

BW

slyder Guest

Just a real quick one from me - I just wanted to welcome Rach to the forum. Rach, our situation is MF too (ie. it's me) and we're doing our second FET in January or February. Feel free to ask me anything which may be useful to yourself and your DH (husband).

Mon, good luck with the levels!

Mrs C - wow Lord Howe Island! I'm so envious. Have a ripper of a time.

Peta, GL with the scan.

Hi to all you other groovers.

slyder Guest

New thread time, funky people.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678