Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Dec 2007 #2

slyder Guest

Default Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Dec 2007 #2

Your Moderating/Admin team for this forum are as follows:

Sarah_H - [email protected]
    Cailin - [email protected]
    sushee - [email protected]
    slyder - [email protected]

If you have any issues/problems with this forum feel free to email any of the above moderators who will be happy to assist you. All emails will be treated confidentially.

Just a reminder to all: all LTers love seeing a fellow LTer achieve that longed-for BFP, and we all find hope in one of our own having success in this difficult journey. But please remember that there are those who cycled with you who may not have received good news at the end of their cycle. Please do not post baby/child/pg tickers or pg related signatures (eg blinking BFP icons) etc in this forum out of respect for them.

As it's easy to forget to remove your ticker, please be advised that we will remove it for you if it's posted in here. Just easier, is all.

The old thread is here

Hi there, just popping in to say thank you to everyone who posted commiserations on my cancelled cycle - your kind words are much appreciated. (Special thanks to BlackDuckies who sent me a couple of wonderful PMs - you're a gem!).

Carla - I'm so sorry mate about your cancelled cycle - seems we are in the same boat, sadly. Hopefully our FSs will get it right next time. Hang in there....

TL - so sorry to hear things haven't gone to plan hun Sending you some positive vibes...

Well, not much to report from me. It feels odd not to be totally focussed on the whole baby-making IVF thing. Oh well, I'm sure Xmas hassles will keep me occupied for the next few weeks lol.

Vicki
    x

kellrobryan Guest

Default AF is here

Well guess who come to see me last night yes thats right AF i was so happy to see them after been 2 weeks late and knowing im not preg it is a great sign to see
    seen the gyno the other day and he has sent me off for the round of test so fingers crossed all goes well
    I start my round 5 on clomid this month so fingers are crossed , my gyno still wants me to have a ultra sound on friday ( tomorrow ) just to check if i have any cycts again
    Good luck every one and when are we all due to test again
    kell

DD - going ok feeling shabby this morning but I am not getting too excited as it could be the side effects of the crinone ... only 6 days to go .....

BW
    - hope that the healing starts to increase for you so you can get about and do things .... though do you really want to fight that xmas rush at the shops lolol !!!! Stay home and rest up !! Seriously though hope you start to feel much much better soon ...

Peta - Good luck with the cycle hun ... I dont think just cause you gave yourself that time frame you need to stick exactly to it esp with some in the freezer - if you are ok with pushing it out a bit to utilise one of them why not, otherwise you may always wonder what if - if you dont give one of them a shot and you head off in a different direction in life ... ultimately though hun it is up to you but you are supported in here no matter what choice you make sweet ...

DD - you make me laugh!

Morning and to all

Good Morning

TL - Only 2 days left at work!!

Melsta - Over halfway there hun! Good luck

PG - It is always hard to refocus after doing IVF, you dont seem to realise how much it consumes you until it is over Christmas should be a good distraction.

Big Hi to everyone i missed

6th injection down here ovaries are fairly sore and we see FS tomorrow so should know more then

Shan

Shannon - yep halfway there man o man though this time next week we will know ... good luck for your appointment tomorrow with the FS ... poor ovaries - lots and lots of water hun !!!

Shannon GL sweet

Brownbug! I am sorry you were feeling down last night - I hope that has turned around for you today - just keep chanting - "Just say No, No to Flo" And stop putting ideas in her head by giving her times to come!
    Peta - What is with this whole selfish thing? It is not selfish to have expectations and to feel annoyed when they are not met.
    BW - Angel, it is natural you are going to feel mopey and down - your poor body has been through so much - not least having to get used to swallowing again after being on a drip. You are such a wonderful human being and, as a wonam, you probably think that now you are out of hospital you should be up and taking charge. Your body is telling you to hold steady honey - don't let that get you down too much (easy for me I know in rude health and dripless state!)
    Melsta - 6 days - you need to do chant as per Brownbug!
    TL - How is the ovarian revolution comrade? Any further information or do we have to speak in code in case the Fallopian Secret Service are listening...
    Vicki - Darling! Great to hear you have perked up honey - bring on 2008
    Shannon - Fingers crossed for you honey.

Well - I am at work and, as you can see, giving it my all. 15th is great for me - I am going to see Teegan and Sara that night but nothing planned during the day. ooh - Hi Slyder!!

Hugs to all and hoping we are on track for wonderful days!

Post cant belive I'm back on the pill!

Hello,
    Well it has started. Back on the pill yesterday to kick off our first attempt at IVF...now just waiting for the details to come in the mail for the nasty injections...cant believe that I feel excited about the pill and injections .

Trying to 'keep a lid' on the excitement as I know there is a long journey ahead and not sure how I am going to juggle xmas food and meds in the fridge (esp so family dont get suss) but anyway thats only a small problem!

Not sure how to keep my mind off the next few weeks and the single desire for this to work first go (even though my brain tells me it wont)...and then how to deal with the challenges that are going to be between now and hopefully a sucessful outcome somewhere down the track my MIL and SIL know we are starting, and although they are supportive they dont get how we are feeling and that makes it even more isolating, i think...

anyway thats just my rant. good vibes for everyone and keep

It's all a bit confusing when your FS turns around and says "want to have a baby? take the pill!"... But it happens to pretty much all of us.

Good luck juggling all the meds with christmas and stuff... I'm really not able to even face the thought of Christmas right now - it's just too damned hard at the moment!

BW

Ahh DD you have such a comic and uplifting spirit in your posts lolol ..... I love that chant and think I will do that for the next 6 days lolol ... as for ...
    How is the ovarian revolution comrade? Any further information or do we have to speak in code in case the Fallopian Secret Service are listening...
    that is just pure gold hun lololol oh you have the biggest giggle happening for me now .... fallopian secret service indeed lol where do you come up with these sayings lolol

DD well done sweet no code yet waiting on my FS and Ap to send me some info

TL - Honey - I hope the info gives you hope - I found this on Pub Med:
    Safety considerations favour recombinant products, while overall outcome and cost considerations favour urinary gonadotrophins. Outcome, however, appears to differ, based on age and ovarian function, with younger patients benefiting from the FSH/LH combination offered by urinary products, while older women and young women with ovarian resistance, apparently benefiting from pure FSH stimulation. Young women with poor ovarian reserve may be best stimulated with a pure FSH/antagonist protocol.

I think it speaks of the benefit of straight FSH without combining other drups for people with ovarian resistance - I think!

Melsta - It is a consequence of having an overactive imagination and a determination to do nothing that even closely resembles work!

DD - I am amazed at my ability to avoid all work and am addicted to finding answers today lolol .. go that overactive imagination - never ever lose that lol !

So that makes 3 of us avoiding work

DD - thanks for your search and info sweet

Oh well i have enough to share, TL & DD you can just come across to West End and i will keep you busy!

Hi Gals,

Been reading up in the past couple of days but havent had a chance to post! Crazy time of year!
    Esp. with Xmas and your cycle having to be in sync with clinic's timetable (so Carla) know how you feel.
    So AF did show (cause I wanted her to, and well she also shows when I dont but anyway) and just scraped in! However had to go in for extra BT on Monday to confirm levels were suppressed! So am now D4 (tonight) on injections and forgot how off with the fairies and tired you feel! Its middle of day and my mind cant focus on work anymore!!!! Or anything for that matter!
    Shan you seem to be a couple of days ahead of me ... how are you feeling? Do you know when you will be going in for your EPU? I am going in 2morrow (on Day 5, but should be going in on Day 6) to see if my ovaries have woken up (fingers crossed!) last cycle they didnt wake up enough and they had to up my dose and as a result ended up with immature quality eggs, as they couldnt stim me for any longer as could have resulted in OHSS! But reason for going in tomorrow is cause wont be in town on Sat as we are going away to Kulnara for work Xmas party (Our big boss has property there) so that should be fun (but probably no alcolohol sadly - well maybe just 1 glass of champers!) So anyway am hoping that my blood levels are good and I am responding to the 225iu I am on at the moment!
    Anyway hope you are all well!
    TL - I hope you get some info from FS and AP soon! BW - hope you are taking it easy, if you have whole week at home and are going batty would be more than happy to send you some mags (have heaps here at work - although will need to send today as wont be in tomorrow)! Melsta - GL with the 2WW. DD, Peta, BB wishing you all the best and sending you all lots of baby vibes! Be nice if we can all transition across to the PG threads very soon!
    To my other BB buds, Rara, Dusty, Smithy, Hollybolly etc., thinking of u!
    Looking forward to 2008!!!
    Mon
    Last edited by Mon; December 6th, 2007 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Off with the Fairies

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast