Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Feb 2007 #2

Im very sorry Megan. i dont have any words that will comfort xx

Thanks Willow. I'll be ok. Since about Wednesday this week I have had a strong feeling that was going to be the result. All my symptoms suddenly seemed to stop, and then driving home from the clinic this morning I started getting AF pains so knew it wasn't going to be good news.
    I honestly don't know how people do this for years on end though, it's so emotionally draining, and I guess the best way for me to get through it is to plan ahead and get on with it!

Summer, how did your appt go today?

Jo, was your BT today?? How did you go?

Wow - a single day out, and so much has happened!

Megan - so sorry about your test results. you sound amazingly positive about the whole thing, and knowing what your plan of attack will be is always helpful. take care sweetie!

would love to do more personals, but am feeling pretty ordinary tonight. survived surgeon appointment today - just - felt like i was starting to have a bit of a panic attack but, thankfully, DH and i had taken my two year old neice along for a day out, and she chose that moment to start talking about nothing in particular and distracted me (gotta love how kidlets manage to fix things so innocently!!) - surgery is more complex than we initially thought, but at least we know kinda where it's going - and it's all scheduled for 9th of march. will be discussing with FS about putting off any treatment til late March or April - to give me a chance to recover properly...

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Megan,

I'm so sorry my sweet. This is a horrible, unfair journey and it always seems to happen to people who deserve so much more than this sort of hardship.

I too found that I could bear it all better if I had a plan for the next cycle. I'm glad that you have an idea of what you're going to do next.

Thank you for all your good wishes, they made is easier as well. I went and met DH at the clinic and we were really early but it was nice to be in the air conditioning anyway, until we got there. Had to sit with so many pregnant woman and all pregnant women magazines. I was honestly ready to leave right then and there. Thank goodness for some wonderful friends reply to my messages which helped me stay.
    I donít think the appointment before us turned up or were late. They tried to contact them but didnít so we were able to start early.
    The FS was wonderful, a wonderful guy who we were very happy with. It turns out he wasnít too fussed by any of my results. Said if this level was 3 times the normal amount I would be, yours is only slightly over and relaxed me quite a bit about ďmeĒ. For PCOS of course he said weight loss, easier said than done (his words too). Although I got weighed and have lost 3kg or my scales at home are wrong. He had written up a script for metformin, which I got on the way home and just popped my first table.
    He then talked to DH about his results and what they meant although he wants to redo semen analysis as the GP did them too close together. He wants all these other blood tests done (DH went after the appointment so they are done) as one apparently nearly takes a month to come back which is something about chromosomes. He also wants DH to have an ultrasound too.
    The FS has said, with how things look at the moment with DH, then it wouldnít matter at all if I was 100% fine, ICIS/ IVF is the path we will probably have to follow. He gave us loads of information. A DVD to watch etc. As DH commented that by the wake he spoke then this is where we will be headed.
    Iím not sure how I feel right now. Just hoping I donít get the runs really with Metformin to be honest. I was even more determined to buy healthy food at the shops too.

Megan Im really sorry that things have turned out like this for you. I agree that you sound so positive and such a strong woman, we are here for you whenever you need.
    BG Kidlets can say the darnest things and glad that it could help calm you in that stressful situation
    Alex Thanks for your post, it was fantastic to read
    DreamBub Lots of positive thoughts for you hun
    Boo The air con has defaintly been working overtime here too

Megan.... I am so sorry things didn't work out for you this time. Words never seem enoght at this time.
    No personal from me cos I only just realised a new thread had started.......was wondering why I hadn't been getting notifications (her I am thinking gee it's quiets in long term TTC...yeah right!!)

A question re lucrin for those that might know.....I was told by the pharmacist that after it had been opened to keep it in the firdge....I just went to have tonight's dose and realised that it has been out on the bench since last night. Now that house has had the cooler on constantly since yesterday and hasn't got above 24 degrees but will it still be alright do you think? A potentially very expensive oopsie!

Oh and for the past five days I have the worst sinus type headache.....I think the lucrin finally gotme....knew it was too good to be true!! :eek:

congrats summer im very happy for you xx

sorry to put this in the same post but i need to vent

Just picked up takeaway pizza: i ordered cheese and tom (boring i know but itsmy fav) and when i get it home it os cheese and tom but with olive and anchovies!!!!!where could they go wrong with cheese and tom!!

Are anchovies Ok 'if' pg?

sorry calmed down a little now after phoning them back and ordering another one!!

summer just a tip with the metformin make sure you take it with food and has your FS started you on a low does ie: 1/2 tablet for a week then 1 tab ect..........?

Megan - hun I don't know what to say except life sux sometimes!
    I must say I was feeling sorry for myself but after reading your post you are such an inspiration to us all with how well you are coping.
    Like you said the numbers are better this time & I am so glad that you don't have to wait for you next fet because it WILL be third time lucky for you.

Shaz - hope these next few days go quick for you, I think it is too early for + result.

Bg - glad to hear your surgery is not too far away, the sooner you have that done the quicker you can get back to ttc.

Summer - I guess that was a bit of a mixed result for you but it will take awhile to digest what your f/s told you.
    Usually I feel better if I find out as much info as possible on things, it makes me feel like I have a little control back into my life so hopefully you will feel better about things soon.

Hi Alex, Lou, Sushee, Willow & everyone else.

Does anyone know how Nic or Zap are going? haven't heard from them on here for ages.

Well I am a let down for everyone today, surprise suprise I'm not pg but I did know this last night as I got at the most 2 hours sleep because I had major af cramping.
    I feel like such a fool but I just had so many symptoms but maybe I was pg & it just didn't stick or maybe the symptoms were side affects from the chlomid that I started this month.
    Who knows it doesn't really matter either way, I was feeling really down but after hearing of Megan who had much worse news than me I just need to suck it up & move on.
    So I started my chlomid again this morning in preperation for this coming IUI.

Thanks for all your support ladies, I honestly wouldn't know what to do without you all.

Jo -27 (treated endo)
    Dh - 33
    TTC #1 since June 2005
    this will be the year!

Alex Guest

Hi everyone,

Megan, I am so sorry to hear your result. There's nothing I can say to comfort you. Lots of :hugs: to you. I am glad that you are so positive. I agree that it always helps to have a plan, it really makes me feel like I am doing something to have a plan.

Summer, I know exactly how you feel about the FS waiting room, I'm sure we can all relate. A few times ago when my DH was overseas for work, I had to go on my own, just after I had a BFN. I was surrounded by pg women and I honestly felt that they were all checking out my tummy and thinking "what's she doing here, she's in the wrong place", it was horrendous. I felt so awful that when I was paying the bill I ended up in tears and the receptionist took me into the filing room to console me! It sounds like you're having the same tests that we're having for the chromosones, we get the results on 26th March. Depending on the results we'll know whether or not we have to have PGD. I have found BB to be a godsend, I only discovered this site mid last year, but honestly couldn't have survived emotionally without the support.

Jo, bigs hugs honey, it's a nightmare. I also felt so strongly that I had pg symptoms on my last TWW. I don't know what they were, but I never had them before and I really thought I was pg. It must be the drug side effects. As if we need any more mind games!

BG - It's good that you've got some more info on your surgery, although it sounds complicated, at least it's moving forward and you are getting it sorted out. Kids are funny aren't they? They really seem to know exactly how to diffuse a situation! I'm sure you'll be fine, and once it's out of the way, you can get back into the 'project' as my DH and I call it (TTC).

Melbel - please check with your clinic or pharmacist about the lucrin, you are supposed to keep it in the fridge, but I'm not sure below what temperature???? It might be OK, but better to be safe than sorry. Let us know what they say.

Loula - there's no overreacting when the wrong pizza is delivered if you ask me! Especially if you're anything like me and know full well that you're not really supposed to eat it, but are treating yourself, because you can! Cheese and tomato is my favourite too, I always regret it when I order a different one! I hope when it finally arrived that it was yummy! How are the pups? Are you getting 2 or 1?

I hope everyone has a relaxing weekend planned. Take care

Megan, I'm so sorry to hear of your bad news. I really don't know what to say - I was so sure this would all work out. :hugs:

DJ, sorry to hear AF arrived. I hope the next clomid round is more successful.

Summer, I was very relieved to get your second text message. I was worried for you after the first. I guess that's one advantage of a dedicated IVF clinic - no pregnant bellies! What's the reason for checking your DH's chromosome things? I'm starting to get a little worried that nobody has suggested doing that for my DH, but then I guess we do know the cause of his sperm problems (flipping great big varicocele cooking things!). I do always worry about these things, though. I hope the metformin isn't too hard on you - always take it with food, and definitely start on low doses and build up. If you have XR (extended release) metformin it can be a bit easier to tolerate, too.

Sorry for not doing any more personals - I've had a lovely day out and an incredible dinner with work colleagues (and my DH!) and I'm ready to go to sleep!

BW

Alex Guest

Nighty, night BW. I don't know why some doctors do the testing and some don't, and some like ours leave it for a while and then spring it on you??

Enjoy your weekend.

Typical of me! Dead tired, but just won't get off BB and go to bed!

Alex, I see that you are also in Sydney, which clinic do you use? I guess I should stop worrying about it - I'm worried enough about random other things that may or may not cause problems (like my arthritis, particularly as nobody can tell me what the hell it actually *is*).

BW
    Last edited by butterfly_warrior; February 16th, 2007 at 09:56 PM. Reason: gah! spelling! really going to bed now

Megan, honey, Im sorry. I wish there were perfect words of comfort, but I know there arent. Like you, I always find myself feeling better if I can readjust my focus onto what will be next... in the meantime, take care of you

dream bub Guest

Megan - Really osrry to hear your news. But in some ways good to know that you were on the way - just a different way of looking at it.

I am still flat after doing the HPT this morning and getting BFN - hoping and praying that its just too early. I am feeling rather fed up with the wait and a bit stroppy with the clinic because they do the BT so late (14 days post transfer even with a blastocyst)....I always think once a BFN in inevitable I just want to know so I can stop taking the steriods which are making a walking zombie and irritable because my adomen is constantly sore. Turns out I have mild hyperstim - and its 2 weeks today since EPU....
    Sushee - I called them and they will do a BT on MOnday but only if I insist - they think its too early (at 17 DPO!). Apparently if its a negative they would still ask me back for another BT on Wednesday to be absolutley sure.....
    DJ - Sorry to hear about AF. Thanks for thinking of me - I so hope you are right and its just too early. Take care
    Summer - Good Luck on the Metformin, I am going to insist on it If I have to go in to another cycle. Its about the only thing I havent tried....

Hi to everyone else - hope u r all well....

Alex Guest

DB, I'm glad you're going for a BT on Monday. I know they'll still call you back, but at least in your mind you're not waiting around. The wait is awful, especially with all of the drugs. I hope the nurses at your clinic are understanding, 17 dpo seems like ages!!!

BW - I go to IVF Australia in Maroubra. The nurses are really caring, and I feel that they really take an interest in my case.

Jo - my my heart is with you, im sorry that af has shown, im thinking positive thoughts for your next cycle of IUI, sorry i have done one myself to give you any advice.

Shaz - Im so sorry hunny that your feeling so flat but this is certanly the hardest part of it all the wait. Gosh what are you going to do. two BT or the one on Wednesday? thats a hard one, i know i would want the one on Monday but you bild up so emotion with BT and i know what its like to go for repeat BT. Please rest with the Hstim.

BW - I bet you were one of thoese special ladies that helped summer through with the waiting room, what a good friend to have and a very special person. sometimes i wish bb was on my mobile too,lol Ive never heard of extended release metform, ive been on it since i was 13 (on and off) but my Gynie at the time had no idea how it was to be used with pcos! so at times i was very sick at 13 i was on 500mg x3 a day boy did that drop the weight off.! i forgot to take it few times lately so im only taking 1/2 x2 day as i dont want to shock my body at the mo. IYKWIM.

Alex - good to hear that someone else likes plain Jane pizza.lol i dont see what all the fuss is about with 10000000000 toppings, have you been to italy? they do the best as it should be. oh the only time i add anything is when ive got goats cheese but thats not an option in my fridge at the mo.lol

Keen - im still so happy for your news. well done

Summer - once again im please that you geot some answers, did you write down some things?

Well im not holding out much hope again, i put so much energy into being so so positive but these bloody drugs get me so depressed. was ment to be going to a GF for lunch today and a really wonderful Gf was going to come over (i think i was ment to invite her, on behalf of my other friend) well i completly forgot both the lunch and the wonderful GF and i got a txt from her late last night saying she got one from the host saying it was a shame that she couldnt make it. my GF had txt me to say why didnt she even know. i feel so crap. i had told the host that i couldnt make it. but i thought she could have called my wonderful friend herself it her party, now i know she's not happy with me. im just not in social mood at the mo. can anyone relate to that?

I also feel so crap that i keep forgetting everything. i hate it when that happens, cause i hate when it upsets someone

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast