Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Feb 2007 #3

Shannon, I hope you get really great news with that fertilisation rate tomorrow.

Well... for my spotting to be nothing to worry about... WRONG!

I guess I'm supposed to be taking primolut to induce AF. AF is here with a vengeance. One week post trigger shot and I get AF - how can this be a good sign? The one time I ovulated last year, I had a 7 day LP as well... this is not good.

I guess I get to call the clinic tomorrow and try to find out what the heck happens from here. Is there really a point to continuing the primolut if I've got AF? Is it too late for this cycle if I've got AF and haven't already been on lucrin? How the heck can my body sustain a pregnancy if I'm going to continue to have this whopping great LPD and get AF one week after ovulating?

Why does my body do these things out of office hours?

BW

Bw - I don't know what to say to make you feel better, I know there have been many times in my life where I feel like everything is going wrong & just when is it my turn for something to be right but you will get there.
    Unfortunately not everyone reacts to drugs the same way so you just don't know until you do these things,this probably isn't helping you but I am thinking of you & sending lots of hugs your way.

Shannon - Well done on the ten eggs, I'm no expert but that sounds pretty good.
    Fingers crossed that they all fertilize.

Mel - your photos are beautiful, so happy for you that you had a wonderful day.

Sammie Jane - good luck with your needle.

Alex - big hugs to you!

Well we go in for our second IUI tomorrow, feeling fairly relaxed (hoping that is a good sign).

Jo - 27 (treated endo)
    Dh - 33
    TTC #1 since June 2005
    First chlomid / IUI Jan/Feb 2007 - BFN
    this will be the year!

Hi everyone
    I know i am a long way behind most of you, but i'll tell you all where i'm at anyway.

I am starting my very first down regulation cycle as soon as AF arrives (today is CD14). As a chronic migraine sufferer i am in mortal fear of the hormones that i'll be putting in my body, as everyone is predicting that the headaches are going to get worse over this time. I'm going on the lowest dose pill and the lowest dose synarel etc, but all their side-effects include headaches.
    Thankfully, as the nurse pointed out, i can take all the drugs i want in the first part of the cycle, as they won't affect the cycle at all. I am also concerned that seeing as i am on low doses of hormones, maybe my body won't react enough and then the doses will need to be increased and therefore the cycle will take even longer.
    I haven't taken the pill for over 10 years, so poor DH is in for a shock. He is so very good to me when i am unwell, but i hate to be such a worry for him.

DH and I have made the decision to tell no-one about what we are about to undertake - but as a female i just have to tell someone !!

Thanks for listening !!
    Jo

Jo...I just noticed you are just down the road from me...we are in Langwarrin. Are you at Monash or Melbourne. I am with Melbourne and I asked to do the lucrin instead and the side effects were almost non existant. I had a small headache at the end of the second week of the lucrin but I really think it was more due to wedding stress and a the fact the my back needed an adjustment than the lucrin itself so maybe that is worth a thought.

Well I had my tirgger shot last night at 7:40 precisely and have to present at the Freemasons tomorrow for a 7:40am pickup so here's hoping those 20 follicles are all healthy and ready to be harvested by then.

Hi Ladies

kotare - welcome and as women i think chatting is an essential skill!

Well we got fabulous news this morning from the 10 eggs we had 8 that fertilised really well, and 1 other that is having a chemical reaction still and may catch up! YAY Yipee

And the even great news that has DH sticking his chect out and pounding on it, is that i asked about his sample as previously we ended up with a end mark of 2 or three million on both times testing.. and the embryologist said it was a final rating of about 20 million and his count and motility were normal only a few morphology issues but nothing major.. whereas previously all three areas were really bad and dropping rapidly!! So we are both very excited about this! The Herbalist has had him on all sorts of concoctions and we can only hope this is the reasoning!!

So we are a little on cloud 9 and feel like we have a little more hope! Now we just see how many divid overnight and then wait the long wait until Monday and hope one makes it to blastocyst!

S

Ohhh BW, you are really giving it to yourself, just need to stay positive. I have realised that achieving conception is really difficult, as we are all so different yet doctors use the same methods for each and every single one of us, and only pay more attention to individual needs when **** hits the roof. I guess we need to stay strong and positive.

I guess there is something funky with the planets, not much good news is going around.

Have a good one girls.

Hi Mel, thanks for the advice about Lucrin. I am with Melbourne - the theory behind this was that the FS i was referred to had a clinic in Mornington sometimes. Well, that never worked! All our appts with him have been at Freemasons. I don't mind, he's lovely anyway, and i'd travel further to see him if i had to.

Did you ask for Lucrin after a bad time with Synarel? Or just because you had done your own research?

I'm pleased your wedding was wonderful. I had mine in my parents garden, and it was lovely and very special.

Good luck for the pick-up tomorrow.

Jo

Sammi Jane Guest

DJ - good luck with the IUI - I hope this is it for you!!!

Hi Kotare - welcome. Hopefully your headaches won't be too bad...

Mel - good luck with the EPU - I hope all 20 are ripe and ready!!

Shannon - congratulations on your great news! You must be over the moon. I hope they make it to blastocyst stage for you. At least it's almost the weekend - the time should go quickly for you.

I had my 1st needle last night which was fine - didn't hurt at all. I've got a headache again today, I can't wait till the drug taking is over - it's really not very nice.... I've had headaches every day.

Hey girl's

Sorry i havent been on for a few days my dp is home for 7 days so i hardly get on the computer when he is here, just wanted to see how you are all going, hoping you are all well.

Hey does anyone know how twomums went?? hopefully they got a

BW - how are you going? Did you manage to get to speak to the clinic?

KimB - wow $160 per injection is alot of money! Hope those little follies are responding well

Sammi - is there anything you can take for you headaches at all?

Shannon - thats great news about DH's results. Probably a stupid question but do they test the sperm at every IVF cycle? Hope you get some good news on Monday

Jo - hope the IUI went well today - goodluck

Kotare - migraines are the worst, hopefully they leave you alone. We've decided not to tell anyone about our about IVF either - i just find it easier that way.

Mel - fingers crossed all goes well tomorrow for you

Alex & Ltl Panda - you might be onto something with the planets. Hope they correct themselves quick smart - we need some good news!!

Hi to Nic, mummy2chloe and anyone else i missed

Well I got a letter from the clinic this afternoon with a bit of info on costs etc for our cycle, they have asked me to call when i next get AF to book on for treatment - not sure if this means they might start me on the meds earlier, will have to wait and see.

Ok, AF is here making me feel cruddy!!! Its been my first break of bingey naughty high GI food and now I feel so ill. Serves myself right I know.

Howdy Girls,
    BW. Im so sorry you are having a crappy time at the moment. Try not to give yourself a hard time about it; t's not like you are doing it on purpose!!! I hope AF means that your body is catching up and now everything will work according to plan (plan o,p,or q???) Hope things get better for you really soon!
    BG. Sorry to hear you are having a tough time emotionally too. As they say, better out than in, trouble shared is trouble halved and all that..... hope letting it out has helped somewhat.
    Mel and Jo, hope everything has gone excellently and looking forward to hearing results.. Mel. lovely pics!! So nice to have a relaxed reception.. you needed it for sure.
    Hi to everyone especially those on meds and waiting...hope I havent missed anything important with you girls... not intentional anyhow.
    Me.. AF nearly gone home now and we are booked on (yay, finally). Have my 21day blood on 19th which is my birthday so I hope that is a good sign. I'm getting really excited that things are finally about to happen and I have a good feeling about this time round. Have just watched the DVD they send out ( was meant to get it ages ago but got it today) and while a little poxy, it is good to reinforce what they told me in nurses interview over the phone yesterday. I was thinking it might be good to show my folks or friends who might not know what it involves...? Do you think it is too much to show my dad?? dont want to freak him out!
    Paid out all our money on Tuesday so all systems go (sort of) I am much happier now that I know which meds they will be giving me (a little different from previously). Will be having pen injections which I think will be heaps easier as I used to stress about getting everything right and it takes some of the complication out of things. I am hugely relieved that I wont have to take pessaries 3 times a day like a lot of you because that was going to be impossible to arrange with all my shift work. Very happy about that. All in all, feeling very good, but that may change when the drugs start making me a bit crazy (from what I remember I tend to be a bit touchy!!)
    Hope things turn for the better in here soon, it's getting crowded!
    Hugs from Sazz

Shannon - so happy for you that you have some really good news!!!

Hi to everyone else!

Had our IUI this morning which went ok.
    Dh produced 36 million swimmers (very chuffed about that) so we only need one so hopefully one decided to find the egg unless of course they are all male which means they wont ask for directions, lol.

Very crampy this arvo though which I think is due to nurse having to insert (sorry if tmi) speculum 3 times pushing & turning & then saying maybe I should have used the smaller one!!!
    Anyway I will forgive her if it works, she was really nice so I shouldn't complain.

So I am officailly in the tww & I am having two weeks holiday after Sat. so I'll have to keep myself busy so I don't think about it constantly.

Jo - 27 (treated endo)
    Dh - 33
    TTC #1 since June 2005
    First chlomid / IUI Jan/Feb 2007 - BFN
    Second chlomid / IUI March 2007 - fingers crossed!
    this will be the year!

Hello Lovely Ladies!!!

So sorry I haven't been around - still reading up on you guys everyday, but not much to report here I'm afraid!!!
    Af arrived last month (damn it!) so we are on to our 2nd month of TTC naturally after the lap in Jan.
    Have been doing the usual - herbs, acupuncture, etc so we'll just carry on!!!
    We are thinking about doing our next cycle with Westmead IVF - still uncertain here as both DH & I just love our clinic we have, so you never know, we may just go back to them again for cycle no 5!!!

Sorry I'm a little slack with personals, but I do want to send every best wish out to Jo, Mel & Shannon..... think, feel, dream & imagine babies for the next 2 weeks!!!!!!!!
    Remember how much a positive mind helps throughout this horrible process!!!
    I wish you guys the very very best & hope the next two weeks fly!!!!!

I also wanted to send hugs out to you BW - You just sound so much like me... if anything can go wrong, than it just will!!!
    I know theres nothing I can say to make you feel even the tiniest bit calmer, but remember how sensitive your body is throughout this process..... you have to look after yourself!!!
    Throughout my first 2 cycles I had so many hiccups as well, and I have to say that they (the clinic & Doctors) got it right in the end... well as far as the meds go anyway!!!!
    I know that doesn't help now, but make sure your stress level doesn't hurt you sweetie xxxxx
    There is a book that you may want to buy that talks about not letting things get on top of you.... after reading your post where you said you were starting to think that IVF may not be what the world wants for you - maybe this book will help you - It helped me a lot through my last 2 cycles.
    Its called Fertility & Conception by Zita West.... about $40 but well worth it.
    It covers all of the medical issues, things that can go wrong or things that may stop you temporarily, but most importantly there are little tips throughout the book to help you handle stress, negative thoughts, and looking after your mind as well as your body.
    Definately worth the purchase, and even my acupuncturist took it home for a read to help me when I wasn't dealing with the energy of everything very well.
    I hope I'm not coming across too heavy or lecture - like, but I was at the stage you seem to be at now!!!!

Hoping that everyone else is doing great at whatever stages you are at.... I'm frustrated at being in limbo, but patience is a virtue!!!!!!!!

Talk soon guys,
    Holly xxx

dream bub Guest

HI Girls

Not much to report here. AF all finished and sititng waiting for something to happen. Looking forward to Dr Sacks appt in Sydney although I wish it was sooner as its still almost 3 weeks away and I'm supposed to have my remaining snowbub in about 15 days or so...... Body is getting back to normal after last cycle which is good and have finally ost all the extra fluid and looking less bloated.

Jo,Mel & Shannon - to you all. Stay positive and visualise embies burrowing in for a long stay!

Twomums -
    hows it going???

Kotare - I too suffer migraines and Ive found that even though I do get more headaches whilst pumping myself full of hormones they aren't migraines. So hopefully thats the case with you. I think mine are caused by the fact that I hardly get any sleep whilst going through a cycle and possibly they are casued by exhaustion - especially just before EPU. Also I use Lucrin not Synarel. Have always had Lucrin, because I get bad hayfever and Synarel would just runstraight out again!!

KimB - $160! holy **** . Did you know if you can get a pharmacy to fill a script you may be able to get a rebate on your private heath cover. Depends on the drug. I found this out the hard way as the clinics tend not to share that with you. So if you check with your health cover and the pharmacist you may save yourself a few $. Worth a try anway.......Good Luck.

Just a quick hello from me before I log off for the next few days. Egg pickup on Monday- can't wait- felling very bloated and blah right now, so will be happy once all my little eggies are taken out and out in put their temporary petrie dish home. Then fingers crossed that all goes well and we have ET on Friday.

Keeping everything crossed for you Mel Bel.

Well got up at the crack of dawn and trundled into the city for my EPU...we got 17 eggs!!! Woohoo I am so relieved. Am feeling just a tad sore down there but haven't needed any painkillers or anything so that is good. So now we have to wit until latw on Monday to hear if and when a trnsfer will be...apparently with the pgd the notice will be very short sorta like get in the car the eggs are ready sort of thing......I sooo hate waiting.

KOtare.....I asked for the lucrin as I have the dodgiest stomach out and I hate having bad tastes etc. tend to dry retch.

Huge hugs to you BW.... It really sucks what you are having to go through at the moment.

Thanks for the info about your headaches Shaz. I told the nurse that i'll expect the absolute worst and then all the good days will seem like a bonus. And i'm sure that it'll all be worth it in the end.
    We have decided to give the Synarel a try, knowing that there is the option of trying Lucrin if the Synarel is a shocker.

Melbel & EJE - fingers crossed and wishing you loads of good luck.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast