Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Feb 2007 #3

Mel the piccys look great of your wedding.
    Sammi Are you doing the injections yourself?
    Nic ARe you hanging out in here now

BW Hope you got some yummy food to settle your tummy. Keep screaming as much as you want. I know that you are finding this incrediably frustarting. Your such a determine woman, others would have given up but not you. Your are wonderful.

Have got meds for my sinsus/ throat issues- wonderful medication it is, this makes me so sleepy all day. Have been on it before. Added on to the hot flushes from Metformin. Doctor was running nearly an hour late too. number 1 whinger goes to me!

HI all

Mel - so glad you had a great day for your wedding - isn't the sofitel awesome? we stayed there for a couple of nights on our honeymoon last Feb - and we got the same upgrade as you - it was really nice - and made it even more special. only bad thing is, we now have pretty high standards about where we stay - nothing has really stacked up since then! and how bizarre - we had chocolate mud cup cakes for our wedding cake too - so much easier (and yummier) than a fruit cake. maybe i'm having a ditzy moment, but i'm not sure what the addy for your homepage is, so can't scope out your pics. sounds like everything is full steam ahead for you at the moment - good luck.

BW - sorry to hear things still aren't behaving for you. not sure why you wouldn't need a BT before starting the lucrin - unless it's something to do with the primulut triggering AF and giving pretty uniform results (although, with you, who knows! ) - hope your DH is good at taking instructions. i know mine was listening very closely to what was said about the injections in case i needed his help, and he sat with me first couple of times just to make sure i was "doing it right" - you should get instructions anyway with your injection pen, plus we're all here to help if you need it!! i have my fingers crossed that things start going they way your FS has planned very soon

Summer - sounds like you're having a rough time of it too - tonsilitis is never fun. take care of yourself. good luck with the broadband - even sluggish broadband is so much more convenient than dial up!

to everyone else - sounds like it's full steam ahead for EPU's and transfers at the moment - let's hope its the start of a mass exodus of happy pg ladies from this thread very soon!

as for me - still in a holding pattern waiting til after op next friday and the outcome of that before i can go ahead with anymore TTC efforts - very frustrating, but at least i know WHY we're on hold. was having a tough time dealing with the emotional side of everything that's going on at the moment, so made the (very difficult) decision to get some counselling - and i'm feeling a little better about life in general. still struggling to sleep properly (very weird dreams and stuff) - but i've taken a step in a positive direction (i think) and i'm looking toward the next few weeks with a clearer head.

Yeah Summer, Kind of splitting my time between here and the 6+ months forum.
    When we start the ball rolling with regards to the FS, I'll probably hang out here more often.

Nic

BG if you click on my name in my post it gives alist of options including visit my homepage.

BW - sorry to hear things aren't going as planned here's hoping you guys don't suffer any more set backs.

Summer - hope your sinuses & throat is on the mend. Put your feet up and relax!

Mel - had a quick flick through your photos, you guys look so happy. Glad to hear the day went well - congratulations once again.

BG - things are sounding like their looking up for you, that's great hope the surgery goes well - not long to go now.

Shannon - goodluck tomorrow, my fingers are crossed for you

EJE - how are you going? Monday will be here before you know it

Nic - sorry to hear AF arrived, dam witch. When is your appointment with FS?

Well i had a bit of an emotional breakdown in the middle of my acupuncture tonight - once i started crying i just couldn't stop! If felt so good to let it all out though, feel like its been bottled up for so long, DH has been great but it was nice to talk to someone else who understands what i'm feeling.
    Hi to everyone else - here's to a stack of BFP's in March

Boo - We haven't made an appointment yet. DH needs to have a wisdom tooth removed in hospital, so we have to get the referral for that. I want to do that first, then we will start on the FS stuff.

Nic

Oops - was definitely having a vague moment there Mel! pics are awesome - i love simple garden weddings and casual receptions - they're so much fun. DH gave me the choice, so we got married in his best man's back yard, and reception at the local footy club - and we had the best time. you look gorgeous - and very happy! looking through your pics has motivated me to do something more with ours - 12 months on and we still haven't worked out which ones we want enlarged....... oops!

Nic - i completely understand the idea of waiting on the dental thing for your DH to be out of the way before things progress with TTC. DH had major dental surgery late last year, and i have it next week, so TTC has kinda been pushed aside - i'm so looking forward to it all being over so we can move forward in earnest with the TTC journey!

Boo - sorry you had a bad day, but as you said, sometimes having a really good cry just makes things feel better - glad it helped a little for you

I started spotting last night... I wonder if this brings us to Plan D? I assume the primolut is to raise my progesterone and induce AF, but this seems to be something my body wants to do itself.

I bleed while on active pill tablets, I grow follicles when I'm on synarel, I don't ovulate properly after a trigger shot and now I appear to be having AF only one week after this alleged ovulation!

Three freaking periods in 6 weeks?!!! I'm just so over this!

BW

Hi BW

I too got AF shortly after trigger shot. I think it was only 9 days after ovulation. I had a BT and ultasound yesterday and it showed some very large follies. do not know what the deal is with that. I have now just started the injections again, but dought it will lead to anything as one follie is 20mm and another is 17mm this was 4 days within my new cycle. My hormones are also very low. Just wondering what your US revealed after trigger shot.....

Thanks

Sammi Jane Guest

Summer - I'm making DH do the injections so that he's involved. Also I don't like the idea of doing them myself... I hope your throat gets better soon.

BW - so sorry your body isn't doing what it's supposed to. I'm sure the doctors can sort it out though and your dream will come true! Stay positive!!

Boo - Glad you feel better after your breakdown - it's better out than in!

Hi to everyone else.

Ltl Panda, I didn't have another scan after the trigger shot.

I'm still having light spotting now... I'm just so over this! Nothing has worked the way it was supposed to, and I'm starting to feel like we're running out of options here... DH should be in to the clinic within the next hour and hopefully he will be able to get some answers. I'm almost waiting to be told to make another appointment with the FS to discuss things... Just can't pick myself up today - seem to be doing everything wrong, been lectured by my HOD and just not coping at all.

I think I'm going to end up sitting at my desk bawling soon.

BW

Oh Bw - Seems like your having a really rough time at the moment. Hope your DH get some answers..

Briggsy - Goodluck with the dental next week. I decided to get the dentist out of the way first as I didn't want to be doing both at the same time. We have to travel 2 hours for the dentist and hospital and to visit the FS as well.

Nic

Alex Guest

BW, I'm so sorry to hear about the crap time you are having.

It always makes me feel better to have a cry and let it all out. I ran a bath the other night so I could specifically sit in it and bawl my eyes out! It did help.

Try and hang on in there, hopefully your FS will ahve something meaningful to say.

Lou and Shaz, I'm so sorry about your BFN. It's a total nightmare.

As for me, life is also pretty crap at the moment. We all seem to be having a hard time of it, must be something weird going on with the planets! Although I'm leaving work, DH's job might be a bit up in the air too, so we don't know where we are, how much money we are going to have, how we going to afford another round of ivf. On top of that, I was bombarded with the news of 2 people at work announcing they are pg yesterday - then the ultrasound scans and endless talk in the office about the bubs. Of course I am happy for them, but you all know how I feel.

Take care everyone, I am so sorry for not doing many personals,

Alex Guest

Melbel - I've just looked at your wedding pictures, what a gorgeous day. You all look so happy. Congratulations! xx

Hi there guys!

Well still chugging along with this IVF cycle. I have to take Luveris now along with my puregon as my Lutinizing Hormone was low! This is all so new too me that Im just going with the flow at the momenrt. The shocking thing is that Luveris cost $160 per injection and I have to take it for a week!

I had my day 9 BT and scan and my follies are growing but still a little small- Im going in again on Monday with the hope of collection next wednesday

I was wondering for those who have done IVF- if you can remember- what was your estrogen levels like on Day 9?

Thanks Heaps guys!!!

Spoke to DH... he says they said it will all be ok, nothing to worry about "sometimes these things just happen". That's what they said when I had breakthrough bleeding and that nearly landed me in hospital! So we shall see how things go. It hasn't built up to a full on AF yet, though, so maybe this is just some random spotting. Anything else that the clinic said, DH said he wasn't in a position (at work) to be able to tell me over the phone so it would have to wait until he gets home... at 6:30! Hopefully he won't forget by then. Second minor panic... the pharmacy he went to didn't have primolut! So he needs to find another one that does... hopefully there'll still be one open because I have to start it tonight. I guess if it's not I might just have to call my gyn friend with the script details and see if there's some amount of provera I could take to get the same amount...

Still feeling slightly wobbly emotionally - Had a complete breakdown last night with DH... we were in the middle of DTD when I noticed the spotting had started and I just lost it completely... so sick of things not running to plan. I've been very naughty and stealing everyone's lollies today - SUGAR!!!! I'll feel like crap later on... waiting for that to hit. Slowly starting to get back on top of things, though.

Was posting at the same time as you, Kim - holy crap, that's expensive!!! The things we do...

BW
    Last edited by butterfly_warrior; February 28th, 2007 at 02:45 PM.

Sammi Jane Guest

Kim.b - so pleased to hear that everything is ok, it's so stressful isn't it? Sh*t that's expensive... but if it works, then well worth the money! Good luck!!!!

BW - hope everything is ok. Big hugs to you, I hope things get better for you soon!

I'm actually looking forward to my 1st needle tonight...I'm sure it won't hurt and I'll be able to visualise my eggs growing (hopefully that's what they'll do!!).

Hi Ladies

Mel - The wedding photos were gorgeous - the look on your DH's face when he saw you coming down the aisle PRICELESS!

BW - Sorry to hear you are feeling so awful at the moment..

Sorry about the lack of personals i am feeling a little tired this afternoon....

Well we had pick up at the lovely hour of 7am! arghh and to be honest i am feeling pretty great i was in a lot of pain this morning feeling like the follicles were going to burst straight of my stomach! And feeling quite well now.. So out of 11 follicles we got 10 good eggs that would have had ICSI done this afternoon.. Does this number sound about right?

Dad came with me and was great i was petrified and excited and only got about 2 hour sleep last night so it was nice to have someone there with me.. although he was mistaken as my husband several times.. hes only 48 so not beyond the scope of reality i suppose. Although when they were explaining the pessaries and all the personal info afterwards he had to be there to sign on my bahalf as i could after the anaesthetic i could have fallen through the floor!

So now we wait to find out the fertilisation rate tomorrow to decide whether we go to blastocyst or not..

Everyone else good luck and i hope everyone starts to feel better real soon!!

S

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast