Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Feb 2008 #1

Not a great scan. Left side have gone backwards in growth, and right I had 2 x 14mm, 1 x 13mm and some smallish nothingy ones. Upped dose from 150 to 200iu for 3 more days, rescan Friday. Need more to happen or EPU won't go ahead. Can;t think about it til Friday, too many what ifs. Feeling pretty flat and dejected. FS said I have "hardcore PCOS" in that my ovaries are totally unpredictable in whether they will over under or respond the same each time. Woot for me. I hate my ovaries. I feel so guilty, angry and depressed. Oh well. Worry about it Friday I suppose.

Bec thats f*$^ed up in a big way. I am so sorry

Hey Bec - what does this mean now for you? Hang in there, sweet, things have to get better....

Kell - sending positive vibes for Friday and sending super excellent vibes to your ovaries, they need all the positive zapping that we can all muster for them and you!!!

OMG Bec! That is terrible for you. As if this AC journey isn't hard enough without the clinic mucking up. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way and hoping you can find a way forward prior to May cycle.
    Kell - keep your chin up! I really hope those naughty little follies start playing the game for you. It sucks when they don't.
    Take care girls & speak soon.

Bec - No way hun that hurts you poor thing hand in there sweet
    SP - I have some done some feng shui I do belive in that GL
    Kell - I still got 6 eggs from those number at that stage last time GL

A fetitlity spell is just a spell in a charm created just for me I just needed a pick me up

Thank you everyone. Trying not to overthink it and hold off til Friday to worry. It might never happen, right?

Thanks TL, I needed to hear that, I needed the hope. Spell sounds gorgeous, just to have something to life your spirits is so valuable.

Kell - My NP advised a heat pack for 5 mins every hour it might help

TL You are a gem, will definitely do that starting right away as much as possible! Nothing to lose!

Kell absolutley no problem GL rest up lots of water too helps them grow

Have been downing 2l every day of stims and walking 20 mins to help them along, but I think the dose was just that fraction too low. Who knows?! I will keep it up and add the heatpack and hope like hell Friday brings more growth of more follies.

BecD - I can understand how cr#p you must feel. How could that kind of "miscommunication" happen?
    What do you think you will do now?

Kell -I'm joining the "hate my ovaries" club. Why is it that they respond so differently each time to exactly the same treatment. i am praying fo you that the higher dose and a few more days does the trick and you get a bucketload of good follies. My last cycle I went from 1x12mm to a 17mm,16mm,13mm,11mm and some 9mm in just 2 days so it can happen quickly.

Deni - stick little embie....stick...stick..stick!!!!

Still really concerned that this cycle is going to go pear shaped. called the clinic today and have managed to get a scan tomorrow (think my nurse must silently agree that things are not looking good). If its going to be a dud then I'd prefer to stop sooner rather than later. Strangely, I am hoping for not much action in my ovaries so that there would at least be an explanation for the low E2 and perhaps some hope for salvage with a higher dose of puregon.
    Has anyone else had a problem with oestrogen levels and know what else they can do to try and improve them?
    Aggghhh, why won't our bodies do what they are meant to!!

Meridith GL I do hope you get answers I don't have BT's just the scans and try to keep postitve. I do hope that all goes well for you

Kell hon - am sorry to hear about your scan. Am hoping that your ovaries sort themselves out asap.

I'm okay, just the shock of it all threw me off today. We have decided to go ahead with a fresh IVM cycle next month. Financially it's going to burden us a lot, but the in-laws are going to help us out. Emotionally, I know my limits, and three months will push me too far. Because only my FS can do IVM egg collection, and only the head embryologist can mature the eggs, I have to work my cycles around when they aren't taking leave/at a conference etc, and there is a chance that even if we wait until May when PHI kicks in, they might not be available. I just can't take that chance, not with my head the way it is right now.

So anyway, short story is that we will just keep going. Fingers crossed this is it.

Bec D - glad to see you are ok GL Sweet and I do hope all goes well

Shel Guest

Hi ladies,

Thank you all for your welcomes and info on pricing, I really appreciate it.

Bec D - I am sorry to hear about the miscommunication, that definitely sucks big time! Hope you are feeling a bit better.

Deni - I have my fingers crossed for you

Miss C - Thanks for all the info on the medicare safety net. I was wondering how that worked too, I think the hospital will be the biggest cost for us as NIB have confirmed they only pay $90 towards these costs, very disappointing seeing I thought we were covered!

Peta - thanks for your input, it sounds like it must be a bit dearer down here in Brisbane, I have now upgraded my health insurance but I can't afford to wait another year to start, I am 41 in April.

Tiggerlinda - Thanks for the info on City Fertility, it was just what I needed and awesome to hear that you are seeing Dr Das and are very happy with him. I have now met with him and felt very comfortable and he seemed to really know what he was talking about. I would like to PM you to find out more but I am new to all this and as silly as it sounds I don't know how to PM, can you please point me in the right directions or to some instructions.........thanks

I have now been to FS and will be booked in for op for removal of Endo soon. We were advised as self funding that it is best to wait until this is done before trying IVF, in the meantime we will try IUI on Clomid which I took for the first time last month to. So much to learn on this journey!

Best wishes and good luck to all of you. Glad I found this site to chat with people going through similar things, will be a big help.

Shel

Thanks everyone for your support at the moment. It's helping me a great deal I've had my BT, just waiting for the results atm. I'm all set to start medicated FET - if given the go ahead today then I'll start the HRT today, otherwise my body needs some more time to recover and we'll start next cycle if my beta levels haven't dropped enough.

Kell, hang in there hun :hugs: It's scary when you don't know how your body is responding, and worse when it's not responding the way it should. Sending lots of strength to you for the next few days and for Friday. The best growth of follicles will happen in the last few days, so I'm crossing my fingers that the extra dose will boot them up the bum and get them going up till Friday and beyond. Lots of hugs, hun.

Bec, I'm so sorry to hear about the clinic's "miscommunication". It's a terrible, cruel thing to happen, even though it was unintentional. I'm so happy to hear that you've found your strength and determination to move past it and move forward. GO YOU You're a courageous woman.

Deni, I'm sorry I got confused and was thinking of BT instead of ET! I'm really happy to hear that your embryo is safely inside you and I am sending you all the hope and good luck I can to you! What a wonderful point you've got to now with everything you've gone through this cycle. Hugs!

Shel - Good luck for your IUI, and I hope the lap gives a you really good kick and start into IVF... who knows? We hope you don't even need it with this IUI happening!

Meredith - I'm thinking of you, and I really hope the scan shows you better things. Your E2 levels can skyrocket in a couple of days, especially leading up to an EPU. I have hope for you, hun. Good luck :hugs:

Will update again soon when I know my BT results...

Hugs to everyone,

Miss C

Thinking of you Miss_C and wishing you well xxx

Miss c - hope all goes well today

Tish
    x

Miss C - best of luck! I really hope you get good results.
    Meredith - I don't understand oestrogen. My FS has just picked up a pattern that even when I have lots of follies my Oestrogen is on the low side of low. I asked him what I can take to help that & he told me nothing. I find this hard to believe, there are drugs for everything else! If you do find anything that is meant to help, let me know. I know this probably doesn't help you any, but it is nice to know someone else has the same sort of experience.
    Have a wonderful afternoon ladies! Keep smiling (if you can).

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast