Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Feb 2008 #1

Salt - My spreadsheet has the date of treatment, what it was for, the provider, how much it cost, any medicare rebate, and PHI rebate, out of pocket cost, and then also a running total of how much we are out of pocket. I have also numbered each receipt and referenced that in the spreadsheet (Yes I know I am totally anal about this stuff!)

Kell honey - I will be thinking about you tomorrow xxx

Farmgirl - OMG, I hope your DH is alright - that sounds terribly scary! Take care of yourself hon, sounds like you have gone through an awful lot recently.

As for me, the clinic called this afternoon, my BT showed that my hormones are still baseline which means Im likely to have either an anovulatory cycle or a very long one. I told them that my preference would be for me not to go on the pill if I could, so they will leave it for now, and I will go in for a Day 21 BT to see if my body is cooperating, and if not I will go on the pill so they can control when OPU will be.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

slyder Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hj1981 View Post
    Question - if your pg and your on progesterone pessaries/injections - will that help increase hcg levels? or does hcg levels increase on there own??
    HJ, pessaries won't affect your HcG, but if you're having injections, and I assume they are pregnyl injections, then yes, your HcG will artifically increase. Pregnancy increases HcG on it's own, but sometimes artificial support is required depending on your circumstances. Whilst pregnyl is sometimes used in the TWW, I'm not sure if it is often used during early pregnancy.

Kell GL today

Bec a spreadsheet for costs is excactly what I need great idea

Cycle cancelled. Start again in 2 weeks when AF arrives.

Salt - you made me laugh - I'm sorry cos I know how sensitive and frustrating this would be but ooohhh, you made my day with that one!! Wishing you and all the lovely ladies a great day, good luck where it is needed and hugs to anyone who wants one!!!
    All ok with me - just dancing beneath the radar have to wait til next cycle to TTC cos naturopathic herbs need time to kick in. But I'm lurking just to see how you're all going.... take care.

:hugs: So terribly sorry Kell...... :hugs:

Oh Kell I am so sorry
    Sending huge (((HUGS))) to you. Hope you are okay xxx

So sorry Kell. What went wrong? Not enough follies??
    At least only 2 weeks until you can try again (mind you, 2 weeks can seem like eternity)

Deni - hoping your TWW is going as quick as possible

Kell - I am so sorry your cycle has been cancelled. Hopefully this means you're one step closer to that BFP next time.
    I see lots of you keep spreadsheets for your medical expenses. I would not even be able to locate all my receipts, but I am registered with Medicare for thier online services. This has a function which allows you to get a tax statement (therefore telling you what out of pocket amount you can claim on tax) and an Account History (very scary - just looked at mine for last 12mths - total spent $22K less rebates). Just thought this might help you all.
    I am just plodding along. Its strange, the longer I have to wait till next cycle, the more I question if this is the thing for me. I am going to do some research into the adoption process (a whole different forum I am guessing) but this will be as an alternative. What do you all think? Has this crossed any of your minds?
    Take care girls & I will speak to you soon.

Kell - I'm so sorry, that is so awfully disappointing :hugs:
    Has the doctor spoken to you yet about what the might do differently next time?

Oh Kell I am so sorry hun a cancelled cycle suks I am here for you if you need me

Thank you so much everyone. I really appreciate it, makes me feel better to know I have people who understand. Going from an overstim cycle 1 to an understim has been a bit of a shock. We still only had 2 follicles.

Basically my PCOS is intense and my ovaries are unpredictable. There is no recipe or solution to get the right response. Its just lots of trying and hoping that eventually, they cooperate. So next cycle we try protocol #3 - a clomid/FSH antagonist cycle. The upside is I can start as soon as I get a period, so it is only a delay of 12-14 days. That helps a LOT.

I feel depressed and flat about it all, just hoping I feel better after a good nights sleep.

Kell, good news that the wait isn't too long and that they have a different plan of attack - it always makes me feel a bit better if things are tackled slightly differently based on information they've already gathered from previous cycles.

Peta - yes, adoption has definately crossed my mind. I asked DH last week if I should contact DCD for an information pack - but he says it's jumping the gun.. so we decided I'd find out if we haven't had success at the end of this year. I overheard two girls talking at my ultrasound place who are doing IVF, and one girl said she's been on the waiting list for assessment with Australian authorities (required even if doing an adoption for an overseas child), for 2 years now, and she's currently #9 on the list. So the wait is looooong. I'm not sure how long the wait is for the second phase (once you've been assessed), but I imagine it would be much shorter as there are so many children in need. I'm itching to find out more but I don't want to upset DH. He's open to the idea but probably won't be convinced to attend any information sessions for a while yet. His cousin adopted, as a single mum actually, baby from China. She's 6 now and was our flowergirl for our wedding 18 months ago.
    Peta there is sure to be heaps of info on the adoption thread - maybe take a look there?

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

Kell hon, am glad that you don't have to wait too long to try again.
    Hopefully your ovaries come to the party this time.
    Please don't beat yourself up okay. We are all here for you xxx

Peta - I have thought about adoption a bit, but as I am so young we can't do anything until I am 25 anyway so I haven't given it too much thought.

Hello all,
    Kell - sorry to read that your cycle was canceled - hope that the next opportunity comes around quickly and that it all goes to plan - after being both sides surely the next has to hit the middle mark! Hope that you can start on the next cycle soon.

Peta - my dh was keen to think about adoption, but I was recently reading an article (glossy mag so take with a grain of salt) that said that in Vic the ave wait for an OS adoption was 6 yrs, and cost about $40k, and I think you have to be off fertility treatment for 6months before you can even to to an info night...so we kind of shelved that option on the 'too hard' shelf for a while - thinking that if we struggle with the stress of IVF, how would we go with that. I think that there is some Aust celeb trying to run a campaign to make OS adoption easier.

saltprincess - LOL about your phone call, reminds me of the 'quick walk' I have to do from my desk to the tea room (hopefully empty) whenever I get a call. In hindsight I think less people would be suspicious if I talked at my desk vs the sprint I do to the tea room! I'm sure no one heard your call, and if they did, fingers crossed they are too polite to ever say something

Not much news here. DH is on the mend and is now getting sick of being stuck at home (he cant drive and we are 6km from town). I'm just waiting for my cycle to get back to normal after the stim cycle, but things are going slowly and I have no signs of 'o' being near even though I'm at day 18 (my normal 'o' date). I just want things to happen so AF comes and we can do a FET. Oh well.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend and finding a little time to spoil themselves.

FG

Default Shel

I recently finished a cycle in Brisbane and went through trying to work out where to go and who to see. You are welcome to contact me and I can speak to your via messanger or something.

Hi ladies - just thought I'd pop in and say hi.

Re adoption - can't say I have thought about it (yet!) and don't know many people who have and that I'm close enough to to know their adoption journey - sorry, not much help!

Re expenses - I'm reading some of ur posts and my mind is spinning at some of the outlay. Makes me think I need to be thinking of that sort of stuff if things take too long TTC.

As for me, on CD7 now and needing to wait this cycle so that the herbs can kick in. I hate waiting and doing nothing - what a waste of time. I've been trying too many months to make a mockery of yet another month by not trying. Still, I don't think I could cope with another m/c if the bods not up to it. Sigh!!! See what the gyno says on Tuesday. Don't really know what I want him to say anyway...

Pcl - Hope the herbs kick in soon have you read the book spririt babies I find this and his podcasts really helpful

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast