Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Jan/Feb 2007

BW, hope your appt goes well tomorrow and you have a way forward at the end of it. It's difficult when you don't know what's going to happen and just want to get on with it so you can have a bub!

Best of luck for tomorrow BW although I am sure it will be fine.
    Good luck to everyone else sniffing injecting or waiting.

I am now into day 5 of lucrin...I must remember to stop taking the pill on Saturday....Someone remind me cos I might forget, I seem to be popping so many pills and potions at the moment what with my diabetes, IVF and the naturopath.

Oh and why is it when you have an EPU rough date, everyone keeps sending invites to things for th same time. I swear I havent been out in twelve months and all of the sudden everyone loves me and wants me to go to their function, which is great but could they love me a week later!!!!!

i know what you mean about the invites Mel - we've had a month of nothing on the weekends, and now that we know that we'll probably have the u/s and IUI this weekend, every man and his dog has asked us to something or other - it's just so full on!! Will do my bestest to remind you to stop taking the pill on Saturday

BW - i really hope your FS appointment today went well

Appointment went really well.

I'm going to have to race out for acupuncture shortly, but I'm starting synarel tonight, stopping the pill on Sunday and back on the 19th (at some ungodly hour of the morning!) for injection lessons and blood tests. Feeling happy, and surprisingly calm (I think lunch with BB girls helped immensely there), even though I know I've got information leaking out of my brain at a vast rate of knots!

BW

there's a few of us on the synarel and injections at the moment - i'm sure we'll give you extra tips if you need them!! so glad to hear your appointment went so well BW. Enjoy your accupuncture session!

Sammi Jane Guest

Hi,

I've been lurking but not posting...and I've finally decided to post. I've got my 1st appt to start IVF next Friday. It will be Day 22 of my cycle and I'll be starting the drugs then. I've been trying not to think about it, but haven't been very successful. I'm still holding some hope that we'll fall pg naturally this month and won't need to go through with it.

BW - so glad to hear that you're starting.

Briggsy's girl - GL with your IUI this weekend.

melbel - you're not too far in front of me... GL with it.

GL to everyone on here. I'm sure I'll get to know you all better soon.

SJ

We meet again, Sammi Jane! I'm glad you finally decided to join us. Good luck with everything. We're off to see Leah now...

BW

Hi there Sammi Jane and BW. Well Im off and running with my syranel. I dont really notice the taste, my problem is that for 1/2 hour after I take it I want to sneeze, its really irritating my nose- I think it could be part psychological!

I know that some of you are have accupuncture etc, but I feel that im in denial about actually doing IVF. Now Im not really a drinker, Ive stopped smoking but I cant seem to quit the caffeine! Do you guys have any vices that you have quit or about to quit and do you indulge yourself with anything every now and again?

Kim, I had the same feeling with the synarel. I didn't get the taste for a while (it came on about 10 minutes later), but I straight away had the feeling of wanting to sneeze or desperately needing to blow my nose! That eased up after a while and I feel fine now. I think I'm getting a headache, but that could be from only having 4-5 hours sleep last night and not necessarily the synarel! I'm really excited and happy to be starting IVF, but then I think I only had 4-5 AFs last year, and one of them was induced by provera. There's absolutely no chance of anything happening the natural way for us, so to have started IVF I feel like I'm finally actually TTC for real!

No real vices here, but the one thing I did have to quit was sugar! I use stevia to sweeten my tea, and no longer drink fruit juice. I now drink lots of water, milk (low fat, of course!), and if I have soft drink, it's coke zero on the orders of my FS. Still a bit of caffeine happening, but most days it's just the one cup of tea.

BW

BW - good to hear your appointment went well, I'll be starting IVF for the first time too shortly so i'll be watching your posts with interest!

Dream bub - hope you're feeling well rested today and those two little blasties are setteling nicely in there

Willow - how are you feeling? Not long to go now, hHope the end of tww brings you some good news

Megan - Hope you were feeling ill yesterday for a good reason. When do you have your BT?

BG - sorry to hear that you have to have surgery, sounds like you've been through a fair bit - i have a dentist phobia I'm not sure that i could handle visiting one every 6 weeks! Hope it doesn't interfear with your IUI

Loula - fingers crossed that your levels keep rising, good luck with your transfer on Monday.

Jo - how are you going?

Mel - goodluck with the EPU hope it goes well

Sammi - welcome to the thread. Fingers crossed for a BFP before next Friday!

KimB - sorry i can't help with the coffee addiction - i can't stand the taste of it! I did give up smoking last year though, that was really hard.

Twomums - good luck with the BT and ultrasound

Sorry to everyone i missed, the page won't go back any further, hope you're all doing well. Looks like there is heaps of girls in the TWW at the moment - hopefully this means we'll have a whole heap of BFPs in here very soon.

Not much happening here. We had our appointment with the FS last Monday and we now have a IVF start date - he's going to start me on the meds on 30th April, was going to do it a month earlier but i'm going to be at work by myself for most of April so it would be too hard to take a day or two off (how many days do you need off? I was hoping to get away with one but FS suggested i may need 3 - i really don't want to tell work whats going on so i'm going to have to develop some kind of mystery illness!). I've had a few mixed feelings about it and DH went away for work pretty much straight after our appointment so i haven't really had a chance to talk to anyone about it. Had a good chat to my acupunturist tonight though and am feeling much better about it all - i'm sure i'll have a stack of questions for you girls in the coming months!

Boo - i'm so glad you've got a start date for your IVF cycle - it might seem like a long way off at the moment, but this year is flying by so quickly already, i'm sure it will be here before you know it! i know what you mean about not wanting your work to know what's going on too - i ended up having to tell a couple of managers that we were going through assisted conception (it was the only way to get any flexibility with work), and they knew we were starting things recently. with everything that has happened to both DH and i health wise lately, i've been able to tell a little porkie pie and say that treatment has been put off indefinitely while we get everything else under control - and now when i need to change days off or leave early/arrive late, i'll be saying i have another dentist appointment (i figure what they don't know won't hurt me!!) - as for the dentist phobia - i used to think i was fine, but with all the treatment i've had this past year, i think i've developed a bit of a phobia too - when the dentist said yesterday that i'd need surgery and that he was going to get me an appointment with the surgeon in the next few days, i had a pretty major panic attack (it would have been bad enough being told i needed surgery, but to be told, after 12 months, that it is urgent and needs to be seen to straight away...... just didn't sit too well) - will be talking to both FS (or his nurse) and dental surgeon about how the surgery will affect IUI treatment. here's hoping it won't!!

Boo, I really think that's the beauty of a forum like this. You can see others go through what's coming up for you so you have some idea of what to expect, rather than walking straight into a great big scary unknown. As for what to tell work, even though I've told the people in charge, I'm not making it publicly known that we are doing IVF (tell the wrong teacher and all the kids will know, and that I DO NOT want!). The public line is that I'm "having tests" (which is true!), EPU will be talked about as a "medical procedure", perhaps even minor surgery. Of course people will ask what it's all about, but I'm sure I can put them off with an "I don't wish to discuss that" or perhaps even a "I hope you'll understand one day". I don't think it will be too hard.

I didn't have quite so good a time with the synarel today. Last night I took it and sat quietly with my head tilted back for a bit. This morning I took it and straight away had to jump up and get breakfast... Tilting head back for a while is a VERY wise idea! I got so much taste afterwards this morning that I nearly started dry wretching. I think I'll have to slightly reorganise my morning so that breakfast is in front of me ready to eat as soon as I take the synarel... ick! I can still taste even after I've finished eating!

BW

Hi All

just popping in - goodness haven't I missed a lot! Have had DP at home sick the last few days which means that I can get nothing done (let alone get onto BB!) Here's hoping that our future children all inherit my strong trooper-like genes and not his 'a little cold is going to kill me' genes. Or maybe it is mental attitude! I will never understand why men think they are dying at the slightest sniffle

I could have killed DP last night though. He wondered out loud if we should put our IVF back a bit further so that the kiddie has more chance of being the oldest in the class instead of the youngest when they are at school "and will do really well in the age races". I think that the look on my face probably said it all because he shut up pretty quickly after that! Got to love him but cripes it is hard sometimes.

Smiles to everyone

Girls, just have a quick question, (will be back tonight for personals) - when are you supposed to have your b/t on a stim cycle? is it 14 days after epu or 14 days after transfer?

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Willow,

different clinics do it differently. Some (like mine) do it 14 days after epu, sometimes even earlier if you have spotting etc. Others will not do it until 14 days after transfer, so that you will have an idea of whether AF is late or not by the time you do your BT.

Yet others will only do a test if you do not get AF. When's your BT again?

Sammi Jane Guest

Hi all,

Kimb - I stopped smoking in December last year... so early days still, but we're doing well. With that I've also cut out alcohol except for the occasional drink. I drink tea, but not much so I don't think it's a problem. I probably don't drink enough water, but other than that I think I'm pretty healthy. I'm also in denial about IVF I think, I haven't even told anyone yet. I'm not going to tell many people, maybe one friend and my boss. How many people has everyone else told? Are you open about it or do you feel that it's a private thing? It feels very private to me. I wish I could be open about it though, I think it would make it easier somehow.

boo - that's great to have a start date. It will come around quick enough!!

BG - GL with your dentist. Ouch!! I'm sure you'll be fine.

Taffylou - I would have wacked him!! They just have no idea sometimes do they?!

BW - it must feel great to be finally starting it, although it doesn't sound too pleasant. I'm not looking forward to it !

I'm sorry if I missed anyone, I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

BG - I hope our right and 30th april comes around quick! We've got plenty of things happening to keep us busy - we have heaps of renos to finish (our house looks like a construction site!) and i'm going to try and loose a couple of kgs before then. Have you heard from the dentist?

BW - I'll have to have a think about what i'm going to tell work in the next couple of months. How long are you on the Synarel for?

Taffy - Hope your DH is feeling better, mine does the same when he's sick! As for he's comments i think I would've whacked him to lol.

Sammi - I'm with you, i think the IVF is a personal thing and i don't really feel comfortable telling everyone - i don't think i could handle all the constant questions. I've only told my best friend and we both told DH's parents, we're pretty close to them. DH has told a few different people (he's quite open about it) I'm not close with my family at all, there is no way i would tell them, i haven't even told them that we've been TTC!

willow - mostly I think it is done 14 days after epu? some wait an extra day - I know SIVF clinic I used to go through would do 11 days after EPU and that was with a 5 day blast... so....

cant wait to hear how you go! for you

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast