Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - July/August 2006

confusedegg Guest

CHERIE: maybe bit too early, i would try in 3-4 days. depending when AF is due.

Good luck.

Cherie - I have my fingers and toes crossed for you!

Cherie fingers crossed it was implantation spotting

Well i'm on day 3 of Synarel sniffing and i go to see my doc on Saturday 7.30am to get my FSH...can't wait to start jabbing myself...the things we do and look forward to hey!! Kim would do it but she is such a sook with her own pain and even worse with mine so its just as easy to do it myself..although i cant do it without her there as she says 1,2,3..JAB!!! (her saying that just makes it easier). I did it once without her as she was in the loo and i did the jab and the needle only went half way in so when she came out of the loo i was just sitting there say "what do i do now" and so i just push it in all the way and that was the most painful one of the lot, the faster the JAB the less pain i say...

We went out for dinner tonight and i have my alarm on my mobile phone set at 7am and 7pm for my synarel spray and tonight i forgot about it and we just started eating and i was like OMG!! I took it as soon as we got home at about 8.30..I hope that that hour and a half is ok...seen as how i am only on day 3 i dont think it should make much difference???

Good luck everyone with this cycle...all my hopes and prayers are with you all!!

I don't think an hour and a half will make too much difference Megan - I'm sure I remember mine varying by a few hours every now and then, even though I tried to keep it consistent. Hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow for the start of your jab-fest

Hi Ladies

I hope you all do not mind me coming in here?
    I am currently waiting to under go IVF #2. I have my Day 21 Appointment on the 18/8 so will get the run down and all my drugs then.

Looking forward to getting to know you all

Kells
    xxoo

Name - Kellie (Kells)
    State - WA
    My Previous Cycle Length - Very Long
    Cycle Type - IVF
    Months of TTC - 14 months
    Medications - Nothing ATM
    Important Dates - 18/8 (Day 21 appt)

Welcome Kells....good luck with IVF#2. Fingers crossed for you...

Good luck with your appt Kell - its always nice to know you're getting another chance at it - despite all the jabbing, etc, isnt it...

Megan - early on it shouldnt really make a big difference if you were a little late with the sniffing. Its weird though isnt it, how you can be so desperately waiting to begin it all and so excited and still forget! I have done it too

Kell - welcome! I have a question for you - how long did you wait between the failed IVF and the FET?

I am currently waiting for AF to show so that I can start FET (after failed IVF in Jun/July) - whilst I am excited I am am also concerned that I am doing it too soon and not allowing my body to fully recover

Destiny - I know my doctor doesnt even mind if you go straight away again. I have always allowed at least one cycle in between though (even for my own mental stability!).... Hope AF shows for you soon.

janee Guest

Hi all you wonderful women!
    Linda - a belated congrats. You are proof it CAN work! Well done, take care and all the best.
    Cherie - I shall keep everything crossed for you.
    TwoMums - hope it all work out well for you. I don't think the time difference would affect the Synarel - just don't sneeze it all out like I did the first few times.
    Hi to everyone else too.
    Me- one more weekend to go. Shall either be celebrating with orange juice on Monday night or drowning sorrows with wine.. Let's hope it's the first one. My temps haven't really done much and I have no symptoms so I am unfortunately not confident.
    Time will tell....tick, tock, tick, tock.
    Have a great weekend everyone.
    Take care

Janee

~Jane~ Guest

Hi everyone, first apologies for being so slack lately, don't know why I haven't posted much, I think since we have finally had our appointment to see our new FS and gotten the ball rolling I have been thinking less about things rather than more. For those of you who I haven't met DH and I decided to change FS and then I had an almost 4 month wait to see my new guy but he was worth the wait and DH and I love him.

Well we are now on the IVF path, we have our appointment to see the nurse, counsellor and accounts people on the 18th and then our FS again on the 21st and then it will be a case of just waiting for AF to arrive.

Janee - good to see you back around

Keen & Shan - big hi hope you are both travelling well

Megan - I love the 123 jab, our plan is to let DH do the jabs (good grief LOL) poor thing, I think he wants to feel a part of things, mind you I am nervous considering my last laparoscopy I asked him to look at the bandage thingy over one of my stiches because I thought it looked funny and he got up really close to it then poked me in it.

Must ask everyone, our plan is to do those pen needles ourselves and DH thinks the trigger will be too much for him so he wants me to get the nurses to do it for me, anyone else done it that way?

This is the bit where I am hestitating to start doing more personals as I know I will leave someone else and don't want to so I am just going to say a big Hi to everyone.

Welcome Kells, best of luck with your appointments and 2nd IVF, i am on my 2nd stimulated cycle, but i haven't actually made it to egg collection yet!! First cycle got cancelled and then i had to have a month off and now i'm off to collect my FSH from Doc tomorrow to start stimulation...
    I know what you mean Janee i get so close to sneezing the Synarel all out, or i'll think that it has all gone down the back of my throat and so i get on with it and a big drip comes out my nose, then i'm like what do i do with that???
    Jane the 123 Jab works a treat, my doctor gives me Gonal-F and it comes in a box with all the syringes and stuff, so i didnt get the pen...i asked about it but he said the syringes are just as good?? Same with the trigger injection although that came in two little glass vials and i had a big drawing up needle and then i had to change over to a smaller needle once it was drawn up and jab that in my thigh...that was scarey, but luckily i work at a children's hospital and i live just around the corner from work and so i went and got verbal instructions and supervision by one of the paediatricians, i did ask for her to do it but she said "NO you have to learn Megan" so i braved it and it was a cinch...here is her secret to a painless intramuscular injection...
    Take an alcowipe and rub vigorously and quite hard on the spot you are going to inject and then make sure the needle will go in at 90 degrees, jab really fast and inject while keeping the alcowipe in the other hand, then take it out quickly and immediately rub really hard with the alcowipe again...worked for me...twice!!
    Cherie i hope everything is going well for you. Later Girls!!

Welcome Kells - and good luck with your second round of IVF.

Destiny - my FS suggested one cycle's break in between my failed IVF and my FET, but was happy to do back-to-back FET's with no break in between. I was so sore from the EPU that I was glad to have a month off anyway LOL.

Janee - I hope you're celebrating with OJ on Monday night I will be thinking of you hun.

Jane - I'm so glad that you and DH are so much more comfortable with your new FS - it makes all the difference, I think. Re: the injections ... I did it the same as what you are planning ... I did the puregon injections myself with the pen, and then the nurse-in-charge at the local private hospital (where my FS's rooms are) did my trigger injection when it was due.

Nothing new here ... waiting waiting waiting LOL.

I don’t know whether I’m or .

This morning I had my first scan and it showed up two or maybe three big follies on one side and only a few very small ones on the other (which the sonographer doesn’t seem to think will develop much more). I guess it’s good that I’m responding, but I thought we were hoping to collect about a dozen eggs so I felt rather disappointed. And I keep remembering that line about ‘not every follie contains an egg’.

But when the nurse rang me this afternoon with the BT result, she said everything was ‘good’ and she sounded quite positive, so now I’m confused. I have to keep with the current FSH dose and have another scan on Monday.

Has anyone else had such a sluggish response at this stage???

Janee – I still have much hope for you this cycle…stay strong hunny.

Megan – I really like your IMI instructions…I’ll refer back to them when I (finally) get to trigger injection time. Hope your new cycle goes smoothly.

Jane – I’m glad you like your new FS, it will make the process happier when you feel comfortable. Good luck for for your rego visit.

Cherie - all the best for your BT tomorrow!

Allie i only made 2 follicles after 5 days(Day 5 to 10)of 150iu of FSH so went up to 225iu and still only two but bigger on day 9 (Day 14) on my first round of injectables. My Doc also said my BT result showed a low level, so we cancelled that cycle and had IUI instead of IVF (BFN). So i guess its a good sign that your results were good.

I expected heaps of eggs like most do and fell in a heap when i was told by my doc that it seems i am a "slow responder"...hopefully my ovaries have been stimulated by that round of drugs and now they are ready to produce more..hoping for at least 8 follicles this time.

Doc says he wants to see 7 to 8 before he will go to EPU, so i know exactly how you feel sweety...all i can say is try to be patient. You may have to plan to have a couple of cycles to kick start your ovaries, so plan on that to avoid too much dissapointment...and if you dont need to that will all the better. Thinkin of you as you are in my shoes too...best of luck.
    Last edited by Megan&Kim; August 4th, 2006 at 08:54 PM.

Megan, thanks so much for your info. I’ve been trying to adopt a ‘what will be will be’ attitude but it was a bit difficult today.

I’m already on day 10 of FSH (now 225 IU) so maybe I won’t get any more than two or three follies. If my gyne doesn’t think that it’s worth proceeding with EPU then I’m glad to hear IUI might be an option.

It’s going to seem like a very long weekend, but I agree that I should keep in mind that this first stimulated cycle might not work out. My first BT level was low so I'm guessing that I probably am a slow responder.

Thanks again for your help.

Jane - hey there sweetie. Great news on your finally getting things going! As for trigger injection, it will hurt you more, but I found the needles actually easier to use then the pens as far as injecting goes. But as I say it does hurt more and so if your likely to flinch or something could put your DH off... the only thing with getting the nurse to do it might be if it has to be done at like 1 or 2am. But otherwise if it makes you guys more comfortable then get the assistance.

Cherie - hope AF doesnt show for you...

Allie - you can still certainly get much more developed follies at this stage. Upping the dose would not make much difference at this point though, so thats probably why it hasnt been done. You may still get your dozen, sweetheart, so hang in there and keep up the fluids

Im busy at this time of the cycle, well, you know .... we make a miracle!

Guess what ....

My hcg level was 178!!!!

I'd actually also had a +ve blood test on Thursday, but my FS wasn't confirming pregnancy since my hcg was only 84, and they prefer to see it over 100. Sorry for not telling everyone, but I couldn't have beared getting all excited only to find out that it wasn't going to happen IYKWIM.

I'm grinning from ear to ear ....
    My DH is in Port Moresby, ready to start trekking the Kokoda Track tomorrow, so I've rung him at his hotel to let him know. He is thrilled

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast