Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - March 2007 #2

I've got the breathing thing happening! I figured that one out from acupuncture (deep breath in, then out, jab!). I'm really starting to think that it was a good thing that I couldn't get that injection in my leg (leg still hurts, too!), as I hadn't really thought it through (beyond the upper thigh is listed in both sets of instructions). I'm a bit hesitant about getting DH to give me the injections in my bum - then I'd be having to sit on the sore spots that are currently restricted to my belly! With all the injections I've done, I only ever got a pin-sized bruise from a lucrin injection when I bled slightly. I really don't know what happened with that first puregon injection, there was no bleeding at all afterwards - but the bruise there is 3cm across!

Mel, thanks so much for all the tips and tricks regarding the injections! It's one thing to get instructions from the nurses, but they aren't actually injecting themselves! It's the first-hand experience that really counts. Even though it sucks that you have to have that experience.

I do believe I was heading to bed half an hour ago! This time it really is good night!

BW

sweet dreams BW!!

Maybe we need a new thread - "Self Injecting with Mel" you are an angel - I have printed out your instructions so that I will have them on hand once I start the injections.

Absolutely, Taffy! There was another post from Mel in an older thread which also had some good instructions (needle in fast, drug in slow) which have been very, very handy. I think we really should impose upon Mel to make them into a separate thread and then talk one of our lovely mods into making it a sticky. It's information that is extremely useful that will benefit everyone.

Is fatigue a side effect of puregon? Or am I just suffering from a late night? Feeling kinda nauseated as well, so I'm thinking it's the puregon. I'm also getting worried that I'm getting such strong side effects so quickly - I hope I'm not in trouble here! But at least it seems to be a perfect excuse to get out of a meeting at school tonight - I'm too unwell!

BW

Oh wow things have been busy in here over the last couple of days!!

Well i will just be quick as i am at work and have WAY too much work to do!!

Well we had our blood test yesterday and got our confirmed negative pregnancy result we were expecting, Oh well..

So we were of to see the Dr this morning who tells me i was her only patient last month who didn't fall .. (didn't make me feel better)

But we like Mel are back in the saddle, we are doing FET with our 2 frozen blastys and should be transfering on April 2nd if all goes to plan... Fingers Crossed!! Not looking forward to that trigger injection again..

Hope everyone is doing well.. goodl luck to those in the TWW..

Cheers

Shannon- So sorry that your test was neg . That wasn't very sensative of the Dr. to make a comment like that. It's good to hear that you are planning the next transfer though.

Sammi Jane Guest

I wrote a whole message and then my computer went and lost it! Doh!!!

Hi Shannon, I'm so sorry it's a BFN. I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better... I hope it's a BFP next time!!!

BW - I felt fatigued and sick from the drugs too. None of it's not nice is it?! I hope you feel better soon. Good luck with the jabs, sounds like you're having a bit of a bad time with them.

Hi to everyone else. I hope you're all doing well. Wishing all 2ww'ers well. How many do we have? How are you going in yours Kim?? When's your D Day? I'm doing ok so far. I've got till next Wednesday so next week will probably be hard... but at least it's only 2 days.

Shannon, So sorry to hear that it didn't work out.

BW - straight in the butt i say, works a treat! No pain, no bruises and alot more room than the belly..ouch! I have had all in the bum and def no trouble sitting.

Had 'another' scan today. Really over it now..more injections they tell me..day 13 today. I have about 7 follies which are on the move but this is worse than watching grass grow..still at 12mm. FS reckons these will be ripe by Mon / Tue for the picking. They have taken 13 days to get to this point, how will they ever grow that fast? 2 hours to get there, 2 hours between nurse, scan, Dr then another hour 1/2 to work..then come back in two days and we'll see how they are..that was theory four scans ago.. Blah sorry for the whinge but I feel mentally and physically exhausted!

Hope everyone else is having a better day

Smudge - i'm so sorry you've been having such a hard time. i really hope those follies take notice this time, and start to cooperate for your next scan!

Blargh!!!! I just don't know what's wrong with me right now!

I'm sitting here feeling some sort of weird cross between angry and depressed. I want to cry my eyes out, and I just don't know why!

Is this just more of the puregon?

BW

BW Ive been exactly like that for the whole cycle! I think its a combination of stress, medication, anger, frustration, negativity and tiredness (for me anyway) then if it doesnt work its the whole thing all over again!

Im over it! God knows when we'll get off this rollercoaster ride! I think i might go and see a counsellor soon...Im getting bitter!

Hi ladies,
    i havnt been posting as nothing new here still just waiting for our appointment really.
    Hugs to those who are finding it really tough at the moment.

Hi Ladies,
    Just popping in quickly as I am a little anxious..... Am probably jinxing myself by posting this, but what will be will be!!!

AF is 4 days late.. I know for most people this is nothing, but I am a 28day cycle girl, and have been every month since Luke was born 8 and a half yrs ago!!! (Even after every cycle of IVF she came back on time!)
    Have started to have a few little symptoms that I had forgotten about having when first fell pg with Luke but have now remembered about after having them over the last 2 days....
    Have also been doing my temps for my acupuncturist this cycle, and they have continued to rise for the last 5 days... today has stayed the same as yesterday... 37.2 (I'm not really understanding this side of it as I have never really charted before, but my acupuncturist tells me this is good)... on top of that I have cm that is quite thick and a lot of it (TMI I know, I'm sorry), and it is usually quite watery just before AF......
    Anyway, things are looking nice for the moment and needed to share it with ladies that understand the excitement a little bit of good symptoms... even if to anyone else it might seem like nothing!!!
    Anyway, it may very well be nothing but for now I feel happy and thought I would share!!!
    Will keep you posted!!!

Holly
    xxx

Holly - that all sounds very very promising - fingers and toes crossed for you hun!

Holly, I'm surprised you haven't tested yet! When do you think you will?

I've managed to get myself into a slightly better mood now... still feel dizzy and headachey, but I located a couple of hot cross buns in the fridge - toasted hot cross buns seem to cure my grumps! DH has said I need to eat more of them! Silly DH, but I did have a shocking case of the grumps yesterday. Yesterday was more angry while today is more depressed, but the hot cross buns seem to work every time.

BW

thought that might be the case BW - you've mentioned them a few times when you've been having a bad day. glad there's something simple that can cheer you up!!

well, i'm off tomorrow for BT to kick start everything again - have done a ring around of the local pharmacies to see which had best value for money for synarel - and none of them have it in stock!! 4 different pharmacies, and not a single synarel in sight! how rude! still have three days left from last time, so here's hoping SOMEONE can get some in stock soon

Holly - will you be testing soon?? would be nice to have another BFP at the moment!

Gday girls!
    I havent been on for a week and have just spent and hour reading the 7 pages it took to catch up... wowsers, it's been busy here.
    Firstly I want to say I am sooo sorry for Mel and Shannon on your Neg results. I really feel for you girls but am also so happy that you have good things planned to act on right away.
    And Holly. OMG those symptoms sound great. I know what you mean about only 4 days over but a big deal to you. I am the same, 27 days almost every time.

Me... I was expecting a parcel from clinic on friday with meds and blood forms but nothing arrived. I phoned and they said "oh, that parcel is still sitting inthe frige here, we will send it monday" I was supposed to have my day 21 bloods taken then (also my birthday, what a nice pressent) so had to go to local blood service and get them to phone clinic and get forms faxed there... grrr why does the clinic act so blase when it is obviously a big deal to me? I dont want to drive 280km round trip to pick up the parcel because they couldnt get their act together. Anyhow it all turned out ok as the bloods were just right and I wont start synarel till thursday am so plenty of time but I was really worried/angry when I thought things should be starting this morning and the meds wouldnt get here till today!
    All going to plan now, thank goodness.
    Hi to everyone. Sorry it is hard for me to catch up at the moment. I cant leave it that long again!!!!

Hi Again,

Well, I think I jinxed myself!!!!
    Just had the slightest bit of spotting after going to the toilet, so here we go again....!!!!
    Oh well, it was nice while it lasted!!!
    Every time AF arrives it just makes me more impatient TTC naturally... its just too long between each cycle!!!
    One more month & I think we'll do another IVF cycle... still have to save a little more $$ first... I hate that that is the only reason

Anyway, now I feel stupid for posting earlier tonight, but oh well!!!

I forgot in my excitement earlier to say that i was thinking about everyone... those of you with BFN's, those of you in the 2ww and those of us inbetween or halfway through... thinking of everyone!!!

Love Holly
    xxx

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast