Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - March 2007 #2

Wow ladies there are so many in here at the mo and i really am finding it hard to keep up.

Juat waiting for af to arrive so we can start our next FET but who knows when that will turn up. i alway feel that my first af comes preety soon after a BFN cycle but the second one always takes longer sometimes up to 50+ day ()well thats pco for you)

BG - i have been seeing Mac Talbolt since i arrived in 2003 but changed FS because of a stuff up my nure made but now am back with him to use up my remanding embies.

its interesting stuff finding out how others have done there cycles before. i have never heard of the injections and ive only had the crione or pessaries and to be honest i prefer the crione!!at lease it has its own applicator!

OH OH Bw how did you injection go ?
    Take care all and +++++++
    Last edited by Loula; March 18th, 2007 at 04:05 PM. Reason: bw

Lou - isn't it always the way - when we're wanting AF to show her face, she goes into hiding, but guarantee if you don't want to see her for whatever reason, she rocks up early!!! i've only seen Mac a couple of times - mostly deal with his clinic nurse from out here - it's still a trip of over 90 minutes to be able to get there, but so much better than having to go to Melbourne for treatment! from what i've seen of him, he is ok - here's hoping!!

Finally back from our weekend away, and so relieved to have access to my beloved belly belly again!

I'm over the insensitive, stupid comments from complete and total strangers that drove me stark raving mad all day Saturday... I avoided strangers today like the plague! Thanks so much to BG and Summer who were my text-message sanity savers! I could not have got through the weekend without that little bit of contact with people who understand.

First injection last night was ok, DH managed to figure out the pen thing, although I am wondering if it was supposed to click all the way in as I injected? I felt a bit of a sting with that injection, I guess because it's so much bigger than the 20 units of lucrin. Now down to 10 units of lucrin and don't feel that injection at all. I've spent today travelling at a fairly high speed over rather bumpy roads (some were even dirt!), and I'm feeling very, very aware of my ovaries. It's not exactly pain, but I am aware... I think it must all be in my head, I've only had 150 units of puregon pumped into me, surely I shouldn't be feeling things already?

Anyway, I shall be back later, DH has informed me that Grey's Anatomy is starting, so I must be off!

BW

Well its all over bar the shuting here.......Af arrived this arvo so the blood test tomorrow is just a formality.....I wish I could have a good cry but I just feel sorta numb at the moment...not sure what to think.

I guess we still have our one embie on ice but if that doesnt work that will be it...we don't have the finances to go back again and they won't let me adopt because of my diabetes....gees life sucks sometimes.

BW - glad to hear you got home ok and that you survived the weekend. so sorry you had to avoid everyone today though - i really wish that people would wake up to the fact that pity is a wasted emotion! the pen doesn't click as it goes in - just as you're setting up the dosage - so i'd say it was all ok - and there's nothing to say you're not feeling some sort of response - you're body has had hormone production reduced to pretty much zilch by the lucrin, so you're ovaries would be sensitive to the puregon and may have started to respond. i'm guessing they must respond pretty quickly otherwise you'd need to be on the injections more than 10 or 12 days!

Mel - hun, i'm so sorry AF showed this afternoon. i wish there was something i could say to help you out at the moment. don't give up hope - it only takes one little embie to stick like glue, so there's still hope. take care hun.

Mel - :hugs: we are all here for you.

Mel, so sorry sweetie.... :hugs:

Oh bugger! My pen clicked the whole way in... I still felt the stuff go in, but now I'm worried it worked right!

Mel, :hugs: I know there's nothing that I can say that will make you feel better, but I am thinking of you.

BW

Mel That is the most stupid concept that you cant adopt because of your diabetes. Loads of hugs to you at this time.

BW Glad your weekend away as finished with those stupid insenstivie people.

Have been MIA as it was my birthday on the weekend. DH was a true gem. I got spoilt for the whole weekend although last night I was throwing up so not the best end to day. We also talked through about $ for IVF and how we are going to manage and about combinging some credit cards etc into a personal loan to save money on interest as we try to pay them off. Im beginning to think as well the Metformin isnt working! Ive had EWCM and yet no temp shift yet. Im going to a conference today but have no idea when im meant to be there, either im going to be very early or late if im still here typing.

*Ok, now my chart looks ok now i added in another temp!*
    Last edited by Violet Star; March 19th, 2007 at 07:18 AM. Reason: My damn chart

Mel - so sorry. I know that there is nothing that I can say that will make it better but you are in my thoughts :hugs:

Summer - yay for your DH spoiling you rotten - you really deserve it - specially since you were feeling so terrible last night. Good luck with sorting out the finances - DP and I have been looking at doing a similar thing and it is all so confusing, do we get a personal loan, redraw on the mortgage, start eating nothing but rice, sell off one of his kidneys, OK maybe I am going a bit far...

BW - yay for good results, finally that badly behaved body of yours is doing what it is told. Lets hope that the fact that you were aware of your ovaries means that it is all working really well.

Welcome Mon & Smudge & welcome back Carrie - it is great to have a successful veteran around to raise morale - we can do it, we can!

BG - my next appointment with the FS was moved to 9 May on Friday but I am still thinking that it is lucky because it was on your birthday before LOL

Hi everyone else - we really are a bustling little thread now - I have trouble keeping up

Sammi Jane Guest

Mel - I'm so sorry. Life is such a b*tch sometimes... I hope the next one is your sticky bean!! Lots of hugs to you.

Kim - where are you off to you lucky thing? What a great idea, I'd love to. In fact I might have a look around for Easter.... How's your 2ww going?? When's your b/t date?

BW - glad to hear that everything is going to plan this time, that's great news.

SS - happy birthday for the weekend!! Glad DH spoilt you.

Loula - I hope AF has showed up - how strange saying that?! Ha ha.

Everyone else - thank you so much for your best wishes for my ET. It went well and we've got 3 frozen, so a fantastic result I think. Now I just need to wait.... arrghhh!!!

I've been on the crinone for a week now and I'm finding it really not that bad at all. I've got some cramping and sore swollen boobs but if you read the 'very common side effects' some are absolutely scary and I'm not having any of those, thank God!

Anyway, I'm sorry to everyone I've missed - there are so many of us at the moment. I hope everyone has a great day!

hi all

BW - don't fret about the clicking pen - it might just be a different design to mine!! as long as you felt the stuff go in (and on 150 you probably would to a degree) - all is good!

Summer - so glad you had a good birthday and that DH spoilt you so much! it's always nice to feel special isn't it? i already know i'm not technically going to be spoilt for my b'day - i have to work! i'm taking a week of leave for DH's birthday though, and we're going to queensland for a week - will celebrate my b'day then. he wants to go to the bundy distillery for a day, which i'm cool with. then we're going to the australia zoo and i'm going for a walk with the tigers!! i don't mind not getting spoiled on the day - i'm so looking forward to this!

Taffy - pity about your FS appointment being moved - won't have quite the same meaning from my perspective - but it's only been moved a day, so that's not so bad. it's one of my friends b'days that day, so it's still going to be a lucky day!

Sammi - glad the transfer went so well and that you're not having too many issues with the crinone. good luck in the TWW hun - fingers and toes crossed for you!

Two more days til i can start this roler coaster ride again...

Thinking of you Mel.

Hi All!
    Sammi- Yay on the transfer going well and on the 3 frozen, that's great!! Now we'll all have to help keep you occupied over the tww!
    BG- Just had a read of your TTC diary, so am now a bit more up with whatís happening with you. Gosh youíve been through a lot over the last year or so, so hopefully things will start to settle down for you now! Only 2 more days for you now, YAY! Your FS sounds good, who are you seeing, if you donít mind me asking?
    Taffy- Hi there! Hope the wait til you start ICSI goes quick. Is this your first ICSI?
    Summer- Great to hear that you were spoilt by your DH over the weekend, what a bummer being sick though! IKWYM with the whole money thing, itís been getting me a bit down recently. We have so much we need to repair around the house at the moment but just canít afford to. We are very lucky though, my MIL is desperate for us to do IVF and is helping us out heaps.
    BW- How are you feeling today?
    Keen- Great to see you around sweety, hope you are well. I see you are on your next IVF cycle. I hope itís going well!

All is going well here, just keeping up with the syneral and gonalF and waiting for the scan on Thurday. Iím finding it a bit hard though, trying not to get my hopes up too much in case it doesnít work, but then not wanting to be negative either. I just feel a bit like Ė we were so lucky last time around getting pg on the first ICSI that there is no way that it will happen again. Plus I feel a bit greedy wanting it to work first time when there are so many other people who have been waiting for so long.

Hi Ladies!!!

Haven't been around for a few days - theres so many in here it takes forever to catch up!!!!

Mel - Sweetie, I just wanted to send you out loads of hugs... there's just nothing anyone can say to make you feel any better right now.
    Go and spoil yourself with a really big bar of chocolate or a nice bottle of wine xxx

To everyone else, theres just no way I have time today to write personals.... theres too many of us now!!!

Just wanted to let you know about our most trying weekend to date on this horrible TTC journey!!!!

Well, as you all know, we have babies being born around us everywhere at the moment!
    Ex hubby and his 2nd wife had their baby on Friday.
    This was the one I was a little nervous about... they have given Luke his first sibling... and I just didn't know how I was going to go with it all.
    Well, unless it is yet to hit me properly, I think I've dealt with it ok!
    We drove Luke up on the weekend (3hrs) to see his new baby sister, but I think the hardest thing about it all was that I have had to really get Luke through the last few days... His Dad has never been that great in his efforts of being a Dad, and has just popped in and out of his life as he has felt like it.
    He doesn't see Luke that often, as almost anything becomes a better priority, so Luke has been extremely anxious about the new baby coming... I think his way of thinking is that this baby was going to take the tinest part of his Dad off him that he has left.
    Time will tell, but being 8yrs old, he is too old not to be emotional about it but too young to comprehend why...
    The two of us spent Saturday shopping for a present for his new baby sister... he was almost in tears, and between my mixed emotions, and my wanting to stop the pain for him, it was heart wrenching.
    What a horrible day it was!!! We ended up having a big plate of pancakes at a cafe halfway through, and had some ice cream afterwards.. there wasn't much else I could do for him.
    Honestly the worst situation I have had to be in so far as a parent!!
    Anyway, we got through it - probably keeping it together for his sake was the only thing that saved me!
    When we got there, we had to visit my SIL who has 4 weeks to go of her 2nd pregnancy, DH best friend & his wife who had their first baby a week ago, another couple that work for DH's parents that had their 1st baby 2 weeks ago, and another good friend of DH's wife went into labour and gave birth yesterday before we left to come home.....aaaahhhhhh!!!!
    Needless to say our weekend was emotionally draining.. a lot to happen in 2 days!!!!
    We kept it together, but OMG it was glad to come home last night!!!
    Anyway, I should go before I take up the remainder of this thread with my mini novel here....
    To everyone else, and those especially on your 2ww... my heart is with all of you!!!

Love Holly
    xxx

Just read your post Mel- Im so sorry!

All I want to say is that I sooooo think im getting AF! Im so depressed!
    Last edited by kim.b; March 19th, 2007 at 03:26 PM.

I hope not Kim, hang in there mate

Thinking of you

Kim, the number of times I've seen people convinced they are going to get AF and then actually get a BFP is pretty amazing. Hang in there! And I'll be sending lots and lots of vibes your way.

I'm so tired today. Still aware of my ovaries, still feeling pretty ok. Now that my lucrin dosage has reduced to 10 units, I'm feeling a reduction in the headaches. I suspect I'm going to have a couple of days where the lucrin side effects are reducing before the puregon side effects kick in fully and make me miserable again. The lucrin grumps are subsiding, too. I'm almost feeling normal again.

But so very, very tired. I think I'll just use my keyboard as a pillow for a bit.

BW

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast