Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - March 2007 #2

careful of the keyboard pillow - you'll end up with a very interesting pattern on your face!!!

have a realaxing night tonight BW _ you deserve a bit of a break hun

Hi Ladies.

So ****ed off with our bank right now. we wanted a cheque sent to us so DH can buy a boat and we havent recieved it but they have taken the money from our account surley this is not acceptable! Have telephoned then and all they could say is 'i dont write the rules!" sorry but i needed to vent and its not like its a small amount of money
    !!$14000. so pppppppppppppp****ssssssed

Mel - im so sorry to hear of your news

Holly - you are a very strong women and a wonderful mother to your son, keep your chin up hon

BW- dont worry when i did my injections my pen clicks as i push in but i do wait til its really in and to help with the stinging it is sometimes best to take the injection out of the fridge for about 10 - 15 min before you need to use it also allow the anticeptic wipe to dry on your skin befor you insert the needle as this can also caused an irritation(for me anyway) i hate it when it stings.

Smudge - good luck with your scan

Kim B - hang in there hun like BW said you may be plesently supprised.

Carrie - i think your a very sweet person please dont feel guilty or beat yourself up for hoping it will work first time again for you. Gosh i hope it will work first time for everyone but please dont feel bad im hoping it will work again for you.xx

BG - two days woohoo im counting down for you and with you all the wayxxMac is ok, he lets me adapt any suggestions to the cycle and tells me his was of thinking very down to earth - i do feel like i have some control with him and DH thinks hes funny(i did remind DH that i didnt want a comeadian (sp?) but a dr that is going to get me pg!)but like you i dont really see that much of him when we are doing a cycle, deal more with his nurses and thats what i hated last time!Also i too just see what ever Dr is available at the time and so feel that the consistancy is not really there. Also when ever i have seen another Dr through the same clinic they have stuffed something up like giving me a stitch at EPU!

Sammy J - how much longer have you got in your ttw?

Taffylou - i with you on trying to keep up LOL

Keen, Megan, two mums, EJE hows things with you all?

For my next cycle (still waiting for AF!) i asked my dr to go on the hrt i had a ++ with b4 Ethinly Oestradiol 50 mcg and i need to get this from the compounding pharmacy direct i also got my P4 pessaries there and they are a lot smaller and cheaper too. I dont know what kinda price you other ladies pay (they do deliver) but for 28 pessaries i paid $50, from what i can remember whenever i bought 15 pessaries it cose me anything from $60 - $90 depending on where i went. so if any one is interested i can give you there number.

sometimes the drugs can add up the cost of a cycle so every little helps.

xx

Well...spoke to the nurse....definitely a negative (as if I needing telling!!)...so the doc wants me to have an assisted thaw cycle with our frostie...so its suddenly all sysems go again. We start oestrogen tablets on Thursday have a scan on Friday 30 and start the pessaries on the Sunday. Transfer is scheduled for anywhere from the Tuesday the ? April on. I am definitely interested in where you get those pessaries from Lou anything to save a bit of moula at this stage...also what is the oestradiol all about...how does it compare with tthe standard drugs?
    Chin up Kim...someone has to lead the charge out of here this month and I have my fingers crossed for you.

Hi ladies,

Just wanted to check in & see how everyone is doing.

Mel - sorry hun about your BFN.

Kim - I felt like for days before & after that I was going to get af (it feels exactely the same) & she didn't show, fingers crossed for you.

Megan - how are you? you must be nearly reading to ride the rollercoaster again lol.

Jo- 27(treated endo)
    Dh - 33
    TTC #1 since June 2005
    Second chlomid / IUI March -

Mel - i sent my script to Nationwide Compounding Pharmacy in Caulfield Sth. there tel is 03 9532 8555. the Ethinyl Oestradiol is a type of HRT more commonly used in Vic is prognova(sp?) and ive never had a bfp on it only from this ethinyl O.... but they are both the same type of drug my FS told me that last year sydney IVF were raving about this drug and that they were getting more BFP from using it, but after trying it at my local clinic they decovered that it was much for muchness! so its easier to use the prognova as its easier for people to get hold of ect.... but as i did get my BFP and after having the sergery to clip my tube i thought i would give this ago again (mind you i'll try ANYTHING). so i got hold of the pharmacy again and after having a chat with them they told me that they could supply the pessaries too and for less than half the prise (gotta be happy with that) they are much smaller though and do need to be kept in the fridge, although a little vent they were on the door step when i arrived home and the ice pack they had sent them with was melted! but im sure that will be fine.

So Mel just give them a call and/ or fax them a copy of your script and im sure they will get it out to you or if your in the city pick up a heap while your there(you can collect from them)

PS i like that loula is saving me some moula!!lol

GL hun

I might talk to the nurse about that drug sounds interesting...when I get back from the supermarket...having a feel sorry for myself binge fest....I will google it and have a squizzy. I know Nationwise...drove past ther on friday after acupunture so can drive up and get stuff even though it is 45 minutes away...no biggie...thanks for that

You wont really find much on google but you can try it only really comes up with the other HRT i think this is an old name or something as even the local pharmest said it should be called the other name. ive been told to start taking it on day 2

GL

Mel - just wanted to say i was really sad to hear your news :hugs:

Mel, I'm so sorry to read about your BFN I am glad you have one on ice though and are able to start again straight away. I think it helps to have the next step to focus on.
    Lou, lol at still waiting for AF. She's always missing in action when you don't want her to be isn't she?! I'm having a longer cycle than usual this time around (nor suprising after last month) and I'm over it! Anyway, hope she turns up soon so you can get on with things. I hope you have more luck and a better experience at the clinic this time.

Jo, good to see you're still popping in to check up on us!! Have you had a repeat BT yet. From memory you were having another one but I have lost track of the days this last week! Hope everything is going great guns for you and the morning sickness has kicked in!! j/k

Nothing new here. Flat out at work and then gardening etc to get the house ready to be officially on the market next week. Forget what CD I'm on but it feels like it's been a long month! Off to see my FS next week (finally!) after his big holiday. I haven't seen him since before I did both FET's. let's see what his plans are for me next time!

Holly – What an awful weekend that you have had, and what a strong person you are to have gotten through it so beautifully! You are obviously a fantastic Mummy. I really feel for you and Luke, it must be absolutely heart wrenching to watch your boy upset and I really hope that your ex includes Luke and makes him feel like the special loved little boy that he is.
    Kim- Try to keep thinking positive thoughts. I know it can be hard. Just visualize your little embie digging in and holding on!!
    Smudge: Hope the scan goes well tomorrow.
    BW- Good to hear you’re feeling a bit better atm. Have a good night sleep!
    Loula- Thank you so much for your kind words, it means a lot. I hope that AF shows up for you soon….as well as the cheque in the mail…(for the boat I mean). Isn’t it funny how the bank are quite happy to take money out of your account quickly but when it come to putting it in they take forever!
    Mel- Hope you’re having a good binge fest! That’s great to hear that things are on the move again quickly for your next cycle.

I'm really starting to struggle with these injections now...

I decided that because my belly was starting to get very sore, I'd try an injection in the top of my leg. Lucrin first, as it's a smaller amount, then if it was went ok, I'd try the puregon as well. Unfortunately, I jabbed myself with the syringe, screamed in pain, and all I'd managed to do was pierce my skin enough to make it bleed profusely, I couldn't get the needle in at all! I figured that maybe my legs just have tougher skin... tried again on my belly and still had a lot of trouble. I've never had a needle hurt so much as this one! Eventually got it in, figuring that maybe I was just feeling super-sensitive today. The puregon which followed was fine - I guess I somehow got a dodgy syringe.

Does anyone use injection sites other than the belly? Mine is really getting sore, and I think I'm going to need to give it a break. I've already got one huge bruise from my first puregon injection, so I'm really running out of spots to jab! I don't think I'll be able to try my leg again - but I can't think of anywhere convenient and accessible!

Lou, I hope these drugs work their magic for you!

BW

BW - i was told that the stomach was prety much the only place for the injections becuase the injection need to be sub-cutaneous, not intra muscular (which is pretty much what you'd be looking at with your leg i think) - i know you have issues with the nasty nurse at your clinic, but maybe give them a call and see if they can make another suggestion. i'd hate to change the place you inject and then find that you've potentially reduced the action of the meds. i really feel for you atm hun, cos i know after 10 days of just puregon shots i was pretty much over it, and you've had the added discomfort of the lucrin shots on top of that.

take care - and good luck - i really hope they can offer you another option...

BG, the only reason I was thinking leg was because both the instructions for the lucrin and the puregon show the upper thigh as an injection site. Although, now that I think about it - there really isn't much fat on my thighs (yes, I'm peculiar and strange - fat never goes to my bum or thighs, always my belly), so I suspect that my belly really is the only option I have. I've been sticking to the sides lately as one injection I put into the middle of my belly hurt... but I guess I'm going to have to go back there.
    *sigh*
    I'm feeling hurty all over - arthritis is flaring because it's been wet today, and getting colder and we seemed to spend ages in the fridge/freezer sections while doing our grocery shopping tonight! Maybe when I'm feeling less sore all over my belly won't feel quite so bad.

BW

find yourself a nice warm heatpack, or snuggle under a blanket and just relax for a while (and i'm saying this in the "take care of yourself" way, not the way that we all hate to hear it, i promise!!) - better still, a nice hot bath and just chill!!

sorry to hear your arthritis is flaring up again - you're having a pretty bad run with it, aren't you? take care hun

The weather is changing... I keep forgetting that I need to dress more warmly than I might think - of course, it doesn't help that where we were for the weekend was very hot and very humid, and the climate change from travelling will knock me around a bit - always does. At this point, my rheumy would be saying "will you just hurry up and get pregnant!" Apparently he's convinced my arthritis will improve with pregnancy.

I think it's time for a glass of chocolate milk, my tablets, a toasted hot cross bun, and bed.

BW

BW- I did read somewhere that someone gave themselnes inj in the leg! I asked the nurse about this as along with the puregon I had to have daily Luveris shots and now take daily Claxene shots my belly is soooooo bruised that its hard to find space! Anyway the nurse said no way! the FS does not like anywhere else but the stomach so i would check with FS about this! Can you find someone to help you with it? Maybe day on, day off?

BW, I remember Jane (who did a cycle same time as me last year) was having her DH inject her in the bottom. It must have worked cause she got her BFP!

subcutaneous injection sites 101:
    belly is my preferred spot but there are many other potentials sites......lots of people even use their breasts!!!!
    The bottom is great, upper thigh, arms even, anywhere you can pinch some flesh you can inject...remember that needle is only 12 mm long it is not going very far into you at all.
    BUT and here is the rider....different injections sites will absorb at different rates.....the stomach will always give the smoothest absorption rate followed closely by the bottom then the arms and legs come last beacuse they are limbs and as such are moving so tend to have a rpid absorption rate but not sustained IYKWIM.
    You can minimize the bruising by doing a quickish jab of the needle and then injet nice and slow. A trick I have learned is to touch the skin where I intend to inject with the needle if you get a reallly sharp pain response you have hit a nerve ending....no point trying there move to the other side of the belly. I find that if I get a sensitive spot the area around instantly becomes sensitised as well so I need to move completely to a diff area...when you find a potential spot be assertive...show the needle who is boss..less pain that way and less bruising...the more you fiddle with the needle when injecting the more chance it has to bump around and knock a small vessel .

Oh...don't forget to breathe..calming your breathing down will actually slow the blood flow and also reduce bruising.

HTH and good luck...remember deep breaths and it is only 12mm......splinters are bigger than that.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast